Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG - am I dreaming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Matt Kean is ‘unusual’ for an LNP Minister in that he ‘gets’ renewable energy and the need to transition away from fossil fuels and doesn’t just talk the talk but walk the walk. Just this week he opened NSW’s first “renewable energy” zone.

NSW first renewable zone attracts stunning 27GW of solar, wind, storage proposals | RenewEconomy

27 GW is rather hard to believe, since that is Australia’s entire power consumption. But presumably they all won’t be built, and that figure is just the sum of all the proposals (and which probably overlap to a certain degree, e.g. same area proposals for a solar or wind farm). I think 3 GW is the actual generation target.

And here’s an article he wrote in December:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...i-arabia-of-green-energy-20191211-p53j2g.html

I reckon he won’t be on Angus Taylor’s Christmas Card list (or worse, Angus Taylor will use it as evidence that the Coalition are serious about Climate Change :mad: more a case of Matt Kean operating “in despite of” rather “due to”)

Matt Kean is ‘unusual’ for an LNP Minister in that he ‘gets’ renewable energy and the need to transition away from fossil fuels and doesn’t just talk the talk but walk the walk. Just this week he opened NSW’s first “renewable energy” zone.

NSW first renewable zone attracts stunning 27GW of solar, wind, storage proposals | RenewEconomy

27 GW is rather hard to believe, since that is Australia’s entire power consumption. But presumably they all won’t be built, and that figure is just the sum of all the proposals (and which probably overlap to a certain degree, e.g. same area proposals for a solar or wind farm). I think 3 GW is the actual generation target.

And here’s an article he wrote in December:

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...i-arabia-of-green-energy-20191211-p53j2g.html

I reckon he won’t be on Angus Taylor’s Christmas Card list (or worse, Angus Taylor will use it as evidence that the Coalition are serious about Climate Change :mad: more a case of Matt Kean operating “in despite of” rather “due to”)

I think he is not that unusual in his opinion, there are many others, but he is unusual in being outspoken and appearing to have the support of his leader.

And if he didn't get a Model 3, he'd have probably gotten some European sedan that might have a slightly lower purchase price, but higher running costs and lower resale value resulting in similar to worse total cost of ownership, and at the end of its lease life there wouldn't be a Tesla/BEV for a used car buyer to buy.
This is good for taxpayers, the minister, the public's adoption of BEV, and whoever gets to buy the car second hand.