Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, I'm still looking for someone to take over my reservation. I was told by Tesla that the car will be ready to be picked up this week so it can be plated in time for Sept 10. If your interested, I am taking a fee. I think its justified that I do given the game of chicken with the Gov. I had the intent to purchase one, just not my luck that I am to receive one, but lucky that I still have the reservation for someone to get it along with a rebate portion.

Checked with Tesla, I can transfer my reservation, and the only thing this needs is the loan information from your financial institution. That black Tesla pic on that truck is probably it lol. For the lucky new owner, there's no time for a trade in, once you take over it you just need to put in your loan information and thats it, get this car plated.

Here's my email address [email protected] or PM me.
I cannot tell you how wrong this is. A small fee is not $7k. Would serve you right if someone didn't pay you the half... Anyone would be crazy to give you money without picking up the car first in case something is off or it doesn't make it through on time. And at that point they can run with it . Hmmmm... Sounds like there is an opportunity to scam you.

What a douchebag....half of the rebate? Doug, is that you?

Cancel, let the next in line get it. Do the honorable thing.

Edit: Also, since the rebate will take about 6 months, effectively this idiot is asking you to pay 7k over sticker price for the car today....if you take him up on this, you are as much of a douche as him/her... After all the fighting people here have done to get the rebates honored I can't believe someone would take advantage like this. Karma is a bitch my friend...
I can’t imagine anyone is even contemplating this idea. I don’t have a vin yet. There’s is no way I would do this. When I first read this post I didn’t even see the fee part.

Reactions: Burlburt and pcons
I never said 7k, give me a break, i went through the same crap as all of you. I'm asking for less than half, pm me whats fair and I'll take the best offer.

You said less than half, implying you would take 7k. Let's not pretend you weren't thinking/hoping for that...

What's fair is $0. You would be a hero to someone. That's worth more than money. Do the right thing. Karma works both ways....

Doesn't mean you get to spew all that crap back out your ass and onto us. Go advertise it somewhere else. And please...just go away.

Shouldn't be too hard to track down the douche driving a BMW m2 around in Vaughan and put a couple nails in his tires.... :)

Ok, I'm only joking there. People will do what they will, and yeah someone may actually give this idiot what he's asking for. But taking advantage like this is karma, and my friend it will come back at you. Trust me.

I'm getting alot of messages as I predicted there's alot of interested parties. The dollar amount i'm asking for on top of my $4200 deposit is $6000. I'm also saying this is negotiable and I'll take the best offer that comes close to that. Will close on this tomorrow at one of the service centers.
Good luck. All I have to say nothing is a guarantee until that rebate is in the buyers pocket. So buyer may end up spending $6k more that the rest of the world

Can a moderator please go in and delete the posts from Jules? This should not be a forum used to advertise this crap....especially in the thread where so many people are not going to get their cars before the 10th.... thats a pretty big slap in the face..don't let him advertise here for free....

What if you had the exact same config and were next in line if he only did the right thing and cancelled???

Last edited:
I'm getting alot of messages as I predicted there's alot of interested parties. The dollar amount i'm asking for on top of my $4200 deposit is $6000. I'm also saying this is negotiable and I'll take the best offer that comes close to that. Will close on this tomorrow at one of the service centers.

$6000 is hardly a "small fee". o_O I thought you were thinking of a token amount but obviously I was wrong.

Reactions: champion1955
It is good the gov was forced to include Tesla back in the sunset period. However, that is not enough as time has been lost. A number of people have suffered the opportunity loss because of the illegal exclusion as they canceled the order because of it. What needs to be done as a make good is to give everyone who ordered before and canceled the opportunity to reorder and qualify for the rebate with 60 days for delivery.

I wonder if there will be lawyers willing to take this on as a class now that the wind down schemer was deemed illegal.

It is good the gov was forced to include Tesla back in the sunset period. However, that is not enough as time has been lost. A number of people have suffered the opportunity loss because of the illegal exclusion as they canceled the order because of it. What needs to be done as a make good is to give everyone who ordered before and canceled the opportunity to reorder and qualify for the rebate with 60 days for delivery.

I wonder if there will be lawyers willing to take this on as a class now that the wind down schemer was deemed illegal.

I posted a few pages back that a tesla rep said they were pursuing something like this with the government still. Ie something that would be fair to those that cancelled their orders...presumably by extension that would mean deliveries on the 11th, 12th, etc would then also qualify.

But, I think that's going to be an uphill battle. However, since tesla seems to be fighting for that too (let's be honest, it's in their business interests to do so, not so much that it's 'right'), there is a better chance of that than going off with another lawyer....and if tesla wins you don't have to pay the lawyer :)

Makes me sick seeing this kind of crap. Shoving in my face when I probably don’t have a chance at getting the car. Someone get this crap off this thread.

It was mentioned earlier that part of getting on the list is that a physical car had to have been provided to the ministry.

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

You're right, it does say that now. However in the original posting on the site before the cancellation of the program I don't think that it was that clear. I am certain that the 75k price was the primary rule. People bought based on that version and not this "updated" one.

You're right, it does say that now. However in the original posting on the site before the cancellation of the program I don't think that it was that clear. I am certain that the 75k price was the primary rule. People bought based on that version and not this "updated" one.

I think it’s always operated this way... if a car has not been approved as an actual EV, how can it even be determined I’d its in the program.. there has to be a list to say which car is ev and which car is not

Unfortunately that's not true. There are threads from before the model 3 RWD was added where people were nervous it wouldn't show up before the election. Luckily it did, unlucky for AWD, it did not make it in time :(

I never said 7k, give me a break, i went through the same crap as all of you. I'm asking for less than half, pm me whats fair and I'll take the best offer.
You “went through the same crap as us” but somehow you feel you’re not only entitled to not purchase the car, but to get $6000 from the person who does????? WTF kind of opportunistic BS is that????

It’s people like you who make this world just that little but worse. You’re worse than Doug Ford. You are taking advantage of people who desperately want this car, and are willing to do whatever it takes to get it. $6000???

You might think you’ve gone through what we’ve all gone through, but you might also take notice of the fact you’re the only attempting to profit off of it. Be a decent human being, cancel the order and let whoever is next in line get it. It’s no lose to you, and you’ll cease to be a scumbag profiteer.

Unfortunately that's not true. There are threads from before the model 3 RWD was added where people were nervous it wouldn't show up before the election. Luckily it did, unlucky for AWD, it did not make it in time :(
Would not a judge now rule that the new wording is still discriminatory in Tesla's favour as there are the orders now cancelled and the orders now changed to awd which will now quallify if only the spirit of the process was heeded? The timeline for the rebate would have to extend for the amount of time that was in limbo, say from July 10 or 11 until the date of the ruling ~Aug 27?? The gov't would also have to allow the real process of "approval" to be granted to the awd version, however much they would not want that to occur...just like in BC! Not sure if QC has ruled yet. This likely applies to the 2019 cars from GM etc.as well.
Tesla will hopefully be pursuing something along this line, as their business has been negatively impacted significantly by the GO in their undue haste to end the many Cap & Trade programs.
All people of the Province, including all us "millionaires" are still equal under the law, no?

Reactions: champion1955
I apologize to everyone else for my previous rant. Moral bankruptcy just drives me insane. I travel all over the world for my job, and mostly to the places people don’t goto for a vacation. We’re all pretty lucky we can even have a discussion about whether we can afford a Tesla or not, and to try and extort money from someone because you bought a BMW and not a a Tesla is just, insane to me.

Would not a judge now rule that the new wording is still discriminatory in Tesla's favour as there are the orders now cancelled and the orders now changed to awd which will now quallify if only the spirit of the process was heeded? The timeline for the rebate would have to extend for the amount of time that was in limbo, say from July 10 or 11 until the date of the ruling ~Aug 27?? The gov't would also have to allow the real process of "approval" to be granted to the awd version, however much they would not want that to occur...just like in BC! Not sure if QC has ruled yet. This likely applies to the 2019 cars from GM etc.as well.
Tesla will hopefully be pursuing something along this line, as their business has been negatively impacted significantly by the GO in their undue haste to end the many Cap & Trade programs.
All people of the Province, including all us "millionaires" are still equal under the law, no?

That would be awesome, and I see your logic, but I'm still very doubtful. The lawsuit was successful because Tesla was treated differently from other manufacturers. But in this case other manufacturers did not have their cars added either, so there is no discrimination there.

Part of the wind down rules said only cars on the list are eligible, and that is applied uniformly. You do however have a good point about those who went AWD because they thought the rebate was gone for RWD...

That's exactly my situation. I ordered before the election, but figured I would not get the RWD before the rebates were cancelled so I spent the extra ~5k for AWD. If I could go back and get RWD + rebate, would I? 100%.... But I think that ship has sailed.

Reactions: PAWilson