Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you interpret "orders made by dealerships with manufacturers " when Tesla doesn't have dealerships and customers order directly with the manufacturer. Or was it specifically worded this was as an FU to Tesla?
No, I think it's meant to protect car dealerships who have cars on lot or orders that were predicated on a certain sale price. Keep in mind that some of these companies were covering the rebate, and could have been left out $14k if they weren't given some extra time.

I just wish Tesla had opened things up a few weeks sooner, so those of us with late reservations could have had a chance at the rebate.

I'll probably wait for a SR car, but I'd expect Tesla is going to have quite a few reservation cancellations in Canada.

• Informative
Reactions: adaptabl and Canuck
That would have been nice, but unfortunately, they did not. Wish they just said orders made before July 11.

The optimist in me thinks that orders before July 11 should qualify. The spirit of the policy seems to be that orders for cars from the manufacturer before July 11 should qualify. I know it specifies “dealer orders” but Tesla has no dealers so... cross your fingers.

I'm not buying the semantic differences between manufacture and dealership...
I'm with @deltav here, Tesla not a dealership...

It says dealership orders with the manufacturers, I do not think this counts Tesla orders that is made directly by the consumers (Tesla has no dealership).

The dealership thing is to protect a bunch of folks that likely support the Ford Nation and don't want to be stuck with a bunch of cars on their lots that just got waaaay more expensive.

Plus, if you order a 3 today, is it likely to be delivered by September 10?

Reactions: adaptabl
The optimist in me thinks that orders before July 11 should qualify. The spirit of the policy seems to be that orders for cars from the manufacturer before July 11 should qualify. I know it specifies “dealer orders” but Tesla has no dealers so... cross your fingers.
Most of us who ordered around the June 27th date (when reservations were opened up) are still SOL since the 3-5 month delivery time frame will not meet the Sep 10 deadline.

Most of us who ordered around the June 27th date (when reservations were opened up) are still SOL since the 3-5 month delivery time frame will not meet the Sep 10 deadline.

Yeah, good point. Too bad Tesla is directing all RWD cars to the US right now. Many of our friends south of the border are getting their RWD orders fulfilled in record times. We just need some of those cars to come up this way.

Yeah, good point. Too bad Tesla is directing all RWD cars to the US right now. Many of our friends south of the border are getting their RWD orders fulfilled in record times. We just need some of those cars to come up this way.

I wish it was that easy, but Tesla will cater to the USA market first and help them get their tax credit before they help us in Ontario get our rebate.

The fact that they sent the Model 3 here when they did was just to delay the 200,000 delivery in the USA until July. It wasn't to do us a favor, it was to do the USA a favor.

Besides, it says in plain English that you have to have you car delivered on or before TODAY with plates to qualify. Those of us without a car are SOL.

The part about dealers who placed an order before today will not apply to us; Tesla is a manufacture, not a dealer. Either cancel your orders, or pony up the dough. ALL HOPE FOR THE 14K IS LOST.

Unfortunately, people who delayed their reservations to wait for AWD just payed 20k for that one feature. Let's hope that car rips through the snowy streets of Toronto like a hot knife through butter.