Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm, they (Ontario Gov) have made that fun haven't they.

My guess would be the one on the vehicle side. The form says "Applicant's RIN", which of course isn't clear enough, and neither of the guides seem to mention it either.

However, I think this is a case when the following instructions from the form come into play:
For additional information regarding this application please contact the Ontario Ministry of Finance at 1-866-668-8297,
email to [email protected]

Do share your result -- I'm sure you won't be the only one.
Just got off the phone with 'Treca' at the Ministry of Finance.

Bottom line, after asking three different ways to ensure effective communication has taken place......

.....for both this rebate and the EVSE rebate they want the drivers license number :confused:

In my situation, on both rebate forms, since there are two names listed as the legal owners........two drivers license numbers are required.

WTF they ask for "RIN" must be part of the algorithm designed to create a harmless mistake but legitimizes a long delay in getting a rebate because of said harmless mistake.

And for what it's worth, I just spent the last 2 hours of my life filling in both PDFs, printing them off, signing them as required, then scanning all the pages to create the PDFs required to e-mail all this nause to the MofF on the 30th. Hurrumph. o_O

Anyone purchase a Model 3 using a company name?
Under my profile, I see my company name AND my own name listed under registration.
On the rebate form, it specifically says it cannot be both a business AND an individual applying for the rebate. Will I have any issues do you think?

Can anyone shed light on this leasing portion of the paperwork. I'm trying to get a leg up on it.

In Section C: Leased Vehicles, the question "Will the vehicle be subject to a 36 month or longer lease?" I'm not leasing. But the question continues with options Yes and No.

"If yes, leasing company representative must sign section I4. If no, not eligible for an incentive"

According to this it appears that only leasing is the option. I also filled out "0" for section B.4: Lease duration (months).

Can anyone shed light on this leasing portion of the paperwork. I'm trying to get a leg up on it.

In Section C: Leased Vehicles, the question "Will the vehicle be subject to a 36 month or longer lease?" I'm not leasing. But the question continues with options Yes and No.

"If yes, leasing company representative must sign section I4. If no, not eligible for an incentive"

According to this it appears that only leasing is the option. I also filled out "0" for section B.4: Lease duration (months).
I too was confused by this. There is also a guide document on the same page as the form. This guide even says to skip section C if you are not leasing.

• Informative
Reactions: papapodcasts
I'm just reading through the form now. Came across this gem (bolded below)

EVIP Form said:
Where the incentive for a vehicle was reduced or eliminated as a result of the March 9, 2018 change, the
government will provide the incentive available under the previous program (the incentive in effect from
January 1, 2017 to March 8, 2018) for an EV on the eligible vehicle list ordered prior to the March 9, 2018
changes. To receive the previous incentive, the vehicle must be delivered, registered, plated and insured in
Ontario in the applicants name and the application submitted to the Ministry of Finance at
[email protected] within 3 months (90 days) of the registration and plating date. The application
submission date can be no later than September 7, 2108 or the vehicle will receive the incentive effective
March 9, 2018.

Seems like a pretty good loophole in case someone forgets to submit their grandfathered application in time? lol

Just got off the phone with 'Treca' at the Ministry of Finance.

In my situation, on both rebate forms, since there are two names listed as the legal owners........two drivers license numbers are required.
o_O

I think you might have been "Treca'd" !
Not possible to provide two numbers for the RIN. There is only one box, and space for only one number, on the application form.
I intend to wait for the official registration and plating of my Model 3 upon delivery next week, and then input the RIN printed on the Model 3 registration slip into the application form. That is what they require at EVHIP.

I think you might have been "Treca'd" !
Not possible to provide two numbers for the RIN. There is only one box, and space for only one number, on the application form.
I intend to wait for the official registration and plating of my Model 3 upon delivery next week, and then input the RIN printed on the Model 3 registration slip into the application form. That is what they require at EVHIP.

Yeah, to my knowledge when there are two names on the registration, a new RIN is created for that purpose.