Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may very well be your DL number when there is a single registrant. I have nothing to compare at the moment. But The RIN for a dual registrant vehicle is a newly created number if I recall correctly.

Yes, and if you already own a dual registrant vehicle, the RIN will be the same for the Model 3 if it too is registered to the same dual-registrants.

I think you might have been "Treca'd" !
Not possible to provide two numbers for the RIN. There is only one box, and space for only one number, on the application form.
I intend to wait for the official registration and plating of my Model 3 upon delivery next week, and then input the RIN printed on the Model 3 registration slip into the application form. That is what they require at EVHIP.
Not to dispute what you are saying, but my forms were more than able to accept two sets of drivers license numbers:
Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

I asked her the same question but using three different approaches.

I even apologized for being pedantic about it.

She was adamant, it was the drivers license number that they want and when I said there are two owners she said you insert both drivers license numbers......

YMMV

Update on my preliminary staff work regarding the rebate (7seven days to delivery):

I cannot keep my veterans plates and claim the rebate because only my name is on the plates.

So, I have to put on that green plate...... that will be a magnet for all the anti ev haters around here.......

Update on my preliminary staff work regarding the rebate (7seven days to delivery):

I cannot keep my veterans plates and claim the rebate because only my name is on the plates.

So, I have to put on that green plate...... that will be a magnet for all the anti ev haters around here.......
Just the fact you'll be driving a Tesla is the real bait for EV haters ;)

Sent the rebate form this morning. Any indications on how long it's taking them for processing? I recall they were running at 8-12 months at one point, but wait times have gotten better,
Did they send you a confirmation email or some sort of automated response acknowledging that your email was received? I sent my application last night and haven’t seen anything yet.

Reactions: navguy12
Did they send you a confirmation email or some sort of automated response acknowledging that your email was received? I sent my application last night and haven’t seen anything yet.
I sent mine in on Sunday and got the following auto reply immediately:

Hello,

Your email to the Electric Vehicle Incentive Program has been received.

Should you require a response, you will be contacted within 1 business day.

If you have submitted an Electric Vehicle application, please note your application is very important to us and we process all applications on a first come first serve basis.

With the Modernized EVIP, we have received a high volume of applications and are working as quickly as we can but please be aware of delays.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

If you require more information regarding the Electric Vehicle Program please visit the web link below.

Electric vehicles incentive program

Thank you,
Electric Vehicle Incentive Program
1-866-668-8297

"Through Ontario's Climate Change Strategy, we will reduce emissions from transportation by promoting the adoption of battery electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles"

Hmm, I see. Maybe my attachments were too big or something. Did you guys zip your documents, or send them individually as separate attachments in your email (and how large were they in file size?).
Originally the documents that I took pictures of were big (3-4MB a piece) and gmail wouldn't let me send > 20MB at a time. So I opened each image, downscaled to 50% and saved at a lower quality (still, everything was quite legible). Each file was now about 200KB. The rebate form was about 1.3MB.

Originally the documents that I took pictures of were big (3-4MB a piece) and gmail wouldn't let me send > 20MB at a time. So I opened each image, downscaled to 50% and saved at a lower quality (still, everything was quite legible). Each file was now about 200KB. The rebate form was about 1.3MB.
Hmm I see, I used a scanner to scan as PDF @ 200 DPI. I wonder if they don't take PDF attachments.
I'll try again when I get home tonight and see if I can re-send the email with smaller file sizes. Thanks!

• Helpful
I think we need some clear guidance on each field of the EVIP application form. then it will be easy for all of us to fill it and send it correctly/
Only a few fields like personal details and vehicle VIN, RIN may be different. all other fields should be same
Nice! Just got my order confirmation email. If it's here by early next week, that would be great. I may have an install appointment for Friday of next week.

May I know how much they are charging?. approximately

I think we need some clear guidance on each field of the EVIP application form. then it will be easy for all of us to fill it and send it correctly/
Only a few fields like personal details and vehicle VIN, RIN may be different. all other fields should be same

May I know how much they are charging?. approximately
BracerEV quoted $950 +HST for a 60amp run.

Last edited: