Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cap and Trade officially dead in Ontario:

Premier Doug Ford Announces the End of the Cap-and-Trade Carbon Tax Era in Ontario

"Ontario Premier Doug Ford today confirmed that, as the first order of business of Ontario's Government for the People, his cabinet revoked the regulation that punishes Ontario residents at the gas pump through a wasteful cap-and-trade carbon tax regime; this measure comes into effect July 3, 2018. In order to fulfill this election commitment, the Government of Ontario will immediately begin an orderly wind-down of all programs funded out of cap-and-trade carbon tax revenues."

• Informative
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Cap and Trade officially dead in Ontario:

Premier Doug Ford Announces the End of the Cap-and-Trade Carbon Tax Era in Ontario

"Ontario Premier Doug Ford today confirmed that, as the first order of business of Ontario's Government for the People, his cabinet revoked the regulation that punishes Ontario residents at the gas pump through a wasteful cap-and-trade carbon tax regime; this measure comes into effect July 3, 2018. In order to fulfill this election commitment, the Government of Ontario will immediately begin an orderly wind-down of all programs funded out of cap-and-trade carbon tax revenues."
That's totally fine for those who have cars already. "an orderly wind down" are exactly the words we're looking to hear.

I posted this in another thread but belongs here too:

EVHIP was funded by the Cap and Trade program... No change to EVHIP site as of yet.

Looks like the EHVIP incentive is good if you have placed order before June 29th...

Attachments

• 8721DF84-7A35-4A13-9476-6DC7CC9E0387.png
    8721DF84-7A35-4A13-9476-6DC7CC9E0387.png
    393.5 KB · Views: 68
I posted this in another thread but belongs here too:

EVHIP was funded by the Cap and Trade program... No change to EVHIP site as of yet.

I think if we all contact Doug Ford, ( I have already ) via twitter or, private message, asking if he is honouring all orders where a non refundable deposit (Not reservation fee) has been placed, he may allow them...

I think if we all contact Doug Ford, ( I have already ) via twitter or, private message, asking if he is honouring all orders where a non refundable deposit (Not reservation fee) has been placed, he may allow them...

Someone posted a response from @FordNation that said they would be honouring all "contracts" in place by June 29. Sounds like good news for all of us that ordered recently. EVHIP site has not changed yet though so technically the program is still running as of today.

I agree... I thought that it was for delivered vehicles only, as those would have been registered with the MTO as completed purchases.
The guidelines are not yet clear, as no official announcements have been made. Likely something similar to the GreenOntario program will be implemented, honouring existing orders with a deadline to submit application.

Reactions: Ludatik
Yes I would get this applies to order deposits and later. I tried to get more information of what counts as a contract but it was not provided.
This should be any contracts entered on or before the 29th...Would make sense as it's the last business day of the week and would remove any discrepancies for people who ordered on the 29th before he was sworn in at ~11AM

Last edited: