Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many of you are planning to cancel? I received a call from the Ombudsman.... they are working on it. Also, if I can get an estimate on number of consumers in this predicament, I’m going to see if we can go the judiciary review (for a class action). I’ll have more info on that tomorrow.

In the meantime it will be helpful to know how many of you are sitting the fence and even if you have got the car, you would otherwise have qualified?

You should start a poll somewhere. People have said there are thousands impacted but my guess is it is much lower considering its Ontario only, RWD only.

Maybe I'm wrong - I was in the CBC article and had a few people find me via that (via FB) and I pointed them towards this thread..

Reactions: Velianou
How many of you are planning to cancel? I received a call from the Ombudsman.... they are working on it. Also, if I can get an estimate on number of consumers in this predicament, I’m going to see if we can go the judiciary review (for a class action). I’ll have more info on that tomorrow.

In the meantime it will be helpful to know how many of you are sitting the fence and even if you have got the car, you would otherwise have qualified?
I am one of the fence sitters. Order is confirmed waiting on a VIN. Ordered June16.

I'm planning to cancel and re-order the cheaper one since this one has now become unaffordable.

Reactions: T3l5aFan

I'm in the same boat, I will proceed with the purchase although debating on whether or not to go with awd

Sitting on fence - ready to cancel.

Reserved April 1st 2016, ordered June 22nd 2018 (base model 3 that is currently available). I am unable to afford without the incentive so plan on canceling if this isn't reviewed.

I’m likely going to cancel, LR RWD reserved June 6, 2018, ordered July 6, 2018

My ISA said tons of vehicles arrived in Ontario in the week of July 11.
Lawrence location are delivering 8-15 vehicles per day (I heard), assume Oakville same: 10*8*2 = around 160 to 300 vehicles affected until today + many many reservation.

Thanks for your work!

I ordered 6/29, cancelled 7/13.

By "predicament", do you mean everyone that ordered prior to June 30 I presume - regardless whether you cancelled, are sitting on the fence or waiting for delivery or have purchased already?

My ISA said tons of vehicles arrived in Ontario in the week of July 11.
Lawrence location are delivering 8-15 vehicles per day (I heard), assume Oakville same: 10*8*2 = around 160 to 300 vehicles affected until today + many many reservation.

Thanks for your work!

I doubt ! Otherwise, why I am still not getting my VIN ? Oakville told me there was / is no delivery until Aug ...

reply from Doug Ford:

"Thanks for getting in touch with me to share your views about the Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program (EVHIP). I appreciate having this opportunity to hear from you.

As you've heard, our government cancelled the cap-and-trade carbon tax on July 3 as part of our commitment to bring gas prices down by 10 cents a litre and help reduce costs for Ontario families and businesses by $1.9 billion dollars annually.

Given that the EVHIP was funded through the cap-and-trade carbon tax, we have taken steps to begin winding this program down. Applications will be accepted from dealerships, car owners or prospective car owners only if one of the following conditions has been met:

- Eligible vehicles that have been delivered to consumers, registered and plated on or before July 11 will receive the incentive.

- Inventory that dealers have on lots or orders made by dealerships with manufacturers on or before July 11, will also be honoured for the incentive provided that the vehicle is delivered to consumers, registered and plated by September 10.

We've also cancelled the Electric Vehicle Charging Incentive Program, effective July 11. Charging stations purchased or installed before this date will be eligible to receive incentives if the application is submitted within 60 days of July 11. We'll post any updates to the Ministry of Transportation website at Electric vehicles incentive program.

As promised, we're getting Ontario out of the carbon tax business. Our focus will be to give people lower gas prices, lower energy bills and a real break in their wallets in order to get our economy going and create jobs. Help is here.

Thanks again for contacting me.

Doug Ford
Premier of Ontario "

Nothing worse than someone patronizing you. cut and paste from MTO website. Saying the same thing over and over again just means you don't want to answer the real question. Why are some consumers being treated differently? PC Morons. This is what we have representing the people of Ontario. Politics is sickening. Saving the people .10 \ltr. BS. What happens when oil is $90 a barrel. that .10 is garbage.

This guy is a great representation of us in Ontario. 2 packs of smokes a day, Treating woman as sexual objects, drunkard, drug seller during high school days. Mulroney and Elliott sold themselves for minister positions to this guy. Pathetic.

just my rant.

Reserved Feb 2017. Almost bought end of April but was too risk adverse with expectation that Ford was going to win and do something like he did...I also wanted to see about AWD. Forecasted delivery at the time was potentially after the election. Might have made it under the wire (I know one member's early-May order didn't deliver in time), but wasn't worth the risk to me as the 14k was material to my decision. Cancelled my reservation July 17 after the bad news. Will stick with ICE on a $/hp basis for now. Short commute so gas savings don't really pay off...someday.