Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just disagree that some people were treated unfairly. The program cancellation is the same for everyone. If you had ordered thru a dealer you would get the rebate. Because Tesla decided not to do ordering thru dealers their customers do not qualify. If GM had a direct ordering system their customers would also be excluded from the rebates.
Well, in fact, PC did mention 80k car, also mentioned Tesla. If they were fair, they would have mention other brand like BMW X5 Plugin (70k MSRP), Volvo S90 Plugin (60k MSRP). Where Tesla Model 3 RWD is NOT 80k MSRP. Misleading and create hatred is what PC was intended. This is unfair to Tesla customers, and cancellation of program is not same for all EV purchaser.

Reactions: I am 3LECTRIC
I just disagree that some people were treated unfairly. The program cancellation is the same for everyone. If you had ordered thru a dealer you would get the rebate. Because Tesla decided not to do ordering thru dealers their customers do not qualify. If GM had a direct ordering system their customers would also be excluded from the rebates.
Essentially if you phrase discrimination in the right manner it should be allowed?

New law
Only Male of Christian heritage can vote, own land, use the internet.
"Hey this law is the same for everyone, it's not the government's fault ____ isn't a Christian Male, if they HAD they chosen to be they could have been included."

Thank you for your email concerning electric car rebates.

The people of Ontario were very clear when they voted on June 7th. We said we would be cancelling the cap and trade carbon tax program as we committed to during the election. The Electric and Hydrogen Vehicle Incentive Program and the Electric Vehicle Charging Incentive Programs were funded through these proceeds and have now been cancelled.

All vehicles that have been delivered, registered and plated by July 11th will have the incentive honoured, provided the paperwork is submitted within 60 days of registration and plating. A list of eligible vehicles is available at: www.ontario.ca/electricvehicles. As well, dealerships with inventory on site, or ordered by July 11th, and delivered, registered and plated for consumers by September 10th, will have the incentive honoured.

Our approach provides fairness for Ontario taxpayers and dealerships with orders on the way and most of these dealerships generally tend to be small businesses in our communities. Tesla does not operate a small business dealership network.

Sincerely,

Sylvia Jones, MPP

Dufferin-Caledon
Another reply with the same wording...lol

Reactions: adaptabl
Essentially if you phrase discrimination in the right manner it should be allowed?

New law
Only Male of Christian heritage can vote, own land, use the internet.
"Hey this law is the same for everyone, it's not the government's fault ____ isn't a Christian Male, if they HAD they chosen to be they could have been included."

Wouldn’t bother fighting...not overly useful or worthwhile

I don’t like the way it was ended, it was clearly targeted at Tesla, likely because of the volume of potential cars that could be eligible. However I don’t think we have much of chance here, there is no political appetite, they made their policy to exclude Tesla for whatever reason and They are sticking to their guns.

Most people here are frustrated because we assumed a 3-4 month “wind down” as has been the case with all other programs but they chose to not include the model 3 in wind down, so yeh we got screwed but nothing really “unjust” about everything.

Biggest concern is the chance that feds create a tax incentive or rebate after Sep 1 and there is some form of “in between” period that people get caught in

Another reply with the same wording...lol
Wouldn’t bother fighting...not overly useful or worthwhile

I don’t like the way it was ended, it was clearly targeted at Tesla, likely because of the volume of potential cars that could be eligible. However I don’t think we have much of chance here, there is no political appetite, they made their policy to exclude Tesla for whatever reason and They are sticking to their guns.

Most people here are frustrated because we assumed a 3-4 month “wind down” as has been the case with all other programs but they chose to not include the model 3 in wind down, so yeh we got screwed but nothing really “unjust” about everything.

Biggest concern is the chance that feds create a tax incentive or rebate after Sep 1 and there is some form of “in between” period that people get caught in
I agreed nothing is probably going to change, but I disagree that it was fair or wasn't unjust, as you said it was worded to Target Tesla.

Reactions: champion1955
In listening to the talking heads on the drive home, I got the impression the only ones that didn't like it were the politicians.

I have no investment in Toronto politics but at first glance it seems like a good plan just that yet again, very poorly executed on many fronts. No respect for due process or people or democracy. Just ramrod your policies and agendas.

Not to mention why is he picking on Toronto. There are plenty of other cities that have the exact same problem which only further serves to make me wonder what it's really about. I suspect many of his changes have a hidden motive and regardless if true or not, he brings that on himself by his actions.

If people weren't apathetic before, just wait till after you endure 4 years of this.

In listening to the talking heads on the drive home, I got the impression the only ones that didn't like it were the politicians.

I have no investment in Toronto politics but at first glance it seems like a good plan just that yet again, very poorly executed on many fronts. No respect for due process or people or democracy. Just ramrod your policies and agendas.

Not to mention why is he picking on Toronto. There are plenty of other cities that have the exact same problem which only further serves to make me wonder what it's really about. I suspect many of his changes have a hidden motive and regardless if true or not, he brings that on himself by his actions.

If people weren't apathetic before, just wait till after you endure 4 years of this.

Welcome to the Provincial reign of Doug Trump, uh I mean Donald Ford, I mean Dougie Boy...

Find the political hate on here frustrating
Ive contacted my MPand Ombudsman.

Has anyone contacted MArketplace on CBC....they love this sort of stuff...

Not sure that would move the needle in the least

Like the moves to city council you may dislike the way they went about it but the majority of people in the province agree with the results. As some politicians were collateral damage yesterday, the 1000 (or whatever amount) of us who got caught in limbo were the casualties in EHVIP cancelation

I think the most effective thing at this point would be to push feds to include an electric rebate/incentive in their federal program. Realistically a program like this should’ve been done federally in the first place. The big thing is if we can convince feds to include retroactive anyone who purchased a vehicle in 2018 fiscal that didn’t already receive an incentive.

Find the political hate on here frustrating

Not sure that would move the needle in the least

Like the moves to city council you may dislike the way they went about it but the majority of people in the province agree with the results. As some politicians were collateral damage yesterday, the 1000 (or whatever amount) of us who got caught in limbo were the casualties in EHVIP cancelation

I think the most effective thing at this point would be to push feds to include an electric rebate/incentive in their federal program. Realistically a program like this should’ve been done federally in the first place. The big thing is if we can convince feds to include retroactive anyone who purchased a vehicle in 2018 fiscal that didn’t already receive an incentive.
Exactly I like the move but having gone through this EHVIP limbo I'm no longer saying good I like it screw everyone else because ultimately it's a good idea. Think we got screwed? Think about all the politicians that were running for office or will have their ward's eliminated. No one feels sorry for millionaire Tesla owners, cars that come from a billion dollar tech company, not from Nav Bhatia or Bob Bannerman....just like no one feels sorry for politicians.

Ontarians Like Ford But Don’t Agree With Scrapping Both Sex-Ed Curriculum and Cap and Trade Program

upload_2018-7-28_13-54-51.png

• Disagree
Reactions: adaptabl
Stupid statements like this from NDP is how we ended up with Doug Ford in first place

I fully understand the sentiment. If Toronto is going to have the will of the suburbs thrust onto it full force against its will, then perhaps Ontario does not need the City of Toronto and their tax dollars. Seriously. Doug Ford has no mandate to f*ck with Toronto. None. And even if he did, it would not be legitimate. If you treat people badly, they will rebel.

If Ford is all about cutting politicians, let's see him cut them in the areas that voted for him. Ottawa, Kingston, Vaughan, Mississauga, London.... maybe they could all use half the politicians they currently have.

Ford gutting the city gov't is 100% about him getting revenge on the ppl who made him the retard on the outside looking in when he was a Toronto councillor. He's showing them who's boss.