Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You are aware you are one of 100's who call Tesla daily to inquire about the status of their cars right? It's like you think you'll get it sooner when all you're doing is forcing Tesla to increase it's customer service dept at the expense of the production dept resulting in longer wait times for everyone.

The call centre and production have nothing to do with one another, and either way you are contradicting yourself. If he is "1 out of 100s" that call daily, how can that have any effect on delaying people from getting their car as you claim? Its not like they have a phone beside the paint station, and every time the phone rings the one guy painting cars has to answer it...Sorry, not getting why you seem so bothered about someone standing up for what is right?

This isn't about 'getting a car sooner' it's about fighting an unjust policy put in place by a rookie govt that singled out tesla to try and score cheap political points....and it blew up in their faces.

KEvans (Kurt, I guess) fought for this and I commend that. I have to admit, I thought this fight was over long ago, and am happy to see that in this case a wrong is (possibly) being corrected. You have to give him credit for his tenacity.

As far as delaying peoples cars in the US (I presume that's why you're bothered by this?)...all the demand in Canada is likely fulfilled by 2-3 weeks of production. So, maybe because of the push to deliver cars before the sept 10 deadline there are another 100 or so more cars diverted to Canada (Ontario)....that's what, about 2 hours of production? What's the problem with that exactly?

As others have said, hats of to @KEvans . I wish my kid had all his teachers as such a good role model. Kurt, hopefully your students take your actions as a lesson to never give up. I hate to say it (and you alluded to this in one of your comments), but this new govt is going to make things tough for teachers...keep the fight going my man! ;)

Hello? Tesla? Elon? Please don't forget to submit the AWD for rebate eligibility.

I'm not sure if you're joking or not but I've seen a couple comments in the recent pages of this thread where people are still thinking/hoping that the AWD model will be added to the list.

Guys and Gals....it WON'T. I'm sorry. The AWD had to go through a certification process, not just a matter of submitting paperwork. Even if it was just paperwork, the program is not adding any new cars, period. It's been shut down officially and they are just in the (up in the air right now) phase out period.

Expectations should be tempered now before further disappointment is had. Sorry folks.

You are aware you are one of 100's who call Tesla daily to inquire about the status of their cars right? It's like you think you'll get it sooner when all you're doing is forcing Tesla to increase it's customer service dept at the expense of the production dept resulting in longer wait times for everyone.

Are you blaming the people trying to communicate for Tesla’s lack of communication?

Are you blaming the people trying to communicate for Tesla’s lack of communication?

I agree with @KEvans, communication has been extremely poor. I've had a very difficult time communicating with Tesla's customer service. Depending on who you get, they all say different things. Some are not aware of the lawsuit or the Sept. 10 EV incentive deadline.

In my case, I ordered June 21st with a delivery window of 4-8 weeks. I have copies that I emailed Tesla asking for answers. They had absolutely nothing for me. In addition to all this, my account still shows: "Service Temporarily Unavailable"

Big thanks to @KEvans for his effort and determination, I see him getting quoted in numerous articles!

But how can that be? They'd have to get the rebate back from the GM and Nissan buyers they gave rebates to. No likely, no?

Don’t give Dougie any ideas! :eek:

Oh, I'm sure they have been looking at this very seriously and in conjunction this time around with the attorney general's office. As a matter of policy, they could probably move the yardsticks once again. MTO could get data from the dealers and come up with a date that has the least impact to all non-Tesla dealers yet kills it for orders pending. Such as the program is just completely over as of Friday. If they don't do something this severe, I would imagine it's only because they were (legally) advised against it. Let's hope there's some good news before the end of this week.

I'm not sure if you're joking or not...
I am joking and don’t mean to instill false hope.

Joking aside though, it may not be possible for an AWD rebate but as Tesla I would at least raise the question. The program may be shut down and the mechanisms no longer in place but then how will others get their 14k if that was an absolute?

I reserved AWD after the election and expected the rebate program cancellation and was hoping to slip in under the wire. I’m not sure if I knew AWD was not on the list yet but 4000 posts later I am resigned to just fork over the extra money which I’m fortunate to be able to do. I’m not expecting anything at this point but we’re at a good spot now compared to before which I think is better than expected. They’re just my dumb words at this point but if there is any possibility to roll the ball over the AWD line then I hope Tesla will, like I said, at least ask or even better press for. The program is quashed and now never existed. There must be some argument to be made that people like me just like the non-AWD people were to get rebates had it continued. Not as strong a case to bring to court but now that they’ve won, the question might have relevance.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
I agree with @KEvans, communication has been extremely poor. I've had a very difficult time communicating with Tesla's customer service. Depending on who you get, they all say different things. Some are not aware of the lawsuit or the Sept. 10 EV incentive deadline.

In my case, I ordered June 21st with a delivery window of 4-8 weeks. I have copies that I emailed Tesla asking for answers. They had absolutely nothing for me. In addition to all this, my account still shows: "Service Temporarily Unavailable"

Big thanks to @KEvans for his effort and determination, I see him getting quoted in numerous articles!
My account shows Service Temporarily Unavailable too since yesterday !

I am joking and don’t mean to instill false hope.

Joking aside though, it may not be possible for an AWD rebate but as Tesla I would at least raise the question. The program may be shut down and the mechanisms no longer in place but then how will others get their 14k if that was an absolute?

I reserved AWD after the election and expected the rebate program cancellation and was hoping to slip in under the wire. I’m not sure if I knew AWD was not on the list yet but 4000 posts later I am resigned to just fork over the extra money which I’m fortunate to be able to do. I’m not expecting anything at this point but we’re at a good spot now compared to before which I think is better than expected. They’re just my dumb words at this point but if there is any possibility to roll the ball over the AWD line then I hope Tesla will, like I said, at least ask or even better press for. The program is quashed and now never existed. There must be some argument to be made that people like me just like the non-AWD people were to get rebates had it continued. Not as strong a case to bring to court but now that they’ve won, the question might have relevance.

I was one of the folks heavily chasing after the MTO/MFO for answers regarding the RWD model making the rebate list. It was then that I found out that the government requires a physical car to be able to review/certify it for the EHVIP program. That happened back in April I believe for the RWD model. Since the program has officially ended, there won't be any new cars able to be certified. People who have been shifted to 2019 models for their Nissan Leaf, Chevy Bolt's etc. are also out of luck because even though it's the same car with just a new model year, it still has to be re-certified.

The Model 3 RWD was officially on the list and if the gov pulls their head out of their you know where and roll Tesla into the phase out period, that's how those folks will still qualify for the rebate.