Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe the awd will be added to the list of eligible vehicles for three reasons:

It met the criteria
Tesla included subsidy on its website
Orders for awd opened up prior to pcs taking office

As a result its not unreasonable to assume the awd would have been added.
It wasn’t certified.
Tesla marketing is questionable.
PCs cancelled the program which is their right.
The only issue was the unfair to Tesla transition.

Just wonder if Tesla has any plan to deliver the eligible RWD cars by Sept 10 ? If we still not getting our VIN by now ... What's the purpose of winning the Lawsuit !

There is a shipment of cars on its way - I'm hoping to take delivery next week. If you don't have a VIN assigned yet, could be dicey for Sep 10 delivery. Maybe I'm wrong and mass VIN assignments will happen soon. Also, no guarantee as of now that Sep 10 deliveries will qualify for rebates.

Reactions: adaptabl
It wasn’t certified.
Tesla marketing is questionable.
PCs cancelled the program which is their right.
The only issue was the unfair to Tesla transition.

I also believe that the awd or the performance being added to the eligible vehicle list is very unlikely. 2019 Bolts are being rejected because they are not on the list. It is not discriminatory in this case. That being said we can hope :) It isn't impossible that the list gets opened up for all manufacturers.

I believe the awd will be added to the list of eligible vehicles for three reasons:

It met the criteria
Tesla included subsidy on its website
Orders for awd opened up prior to pcs taking office

As a result its not unreasonable to assume the awd would have been added.

Sorry, but this isn't going to happen. As Tony_YYZ said, they need a physical car, and since no one in Canada has an AWD yet, even IF they wanted to add it (which they dont), they would have to take delivery + inspect + add it + you would have to take delivery of your AWD...oh yeah, and the govt still hasn't confirmed their next step after the court ruling.

And as others have pointed out, its been known for a long time that 2019 Leaf, Volt, Bolt, etc, etc dont qualify for the same reasons as not being on the list and no chance of being added. If they wont add a 2019 Bolt, which is literally the same exact car as 2018 except for a new paint option and more comfy seats, there is no way an AWD is going to have a chance....

Last edited:
Ontario to cut natural gas price Oct. 1

Interesting that he's making this announcement now. Maybe he'll make zero announcements regarding EHVIP and will just process Tesla rebates and let it quietly go away.

Ont. cuts natural gas price after revoking cap-and-trade regulations

He says the government has issued a directive to the Ontario Energy Board that will see the price of natural gas reduced by 3.3 cents per cubic metre starting on Oct. 1.

What's the average annual consumption of Nat Gas for a typical household that uses that for heating in terms of dollars?

Seems the GreenON programs for upgrading and improving energy efficiency would yield better savings than -3.3 cents at the source. The problem is low insulation ratings of older houses, not the actual cost of Nat Gas.

Residential Electricity and Natural Gas Plans & Options

What's the average annual consumption of Nat Gas for a typical household that uses that for heating in terms of dollars?

Seems the GreenON programs for upgrading and improving energy efficiency would yield better savings than -3.3 cents at the source. The problem is low insulation ratings of older houses, not the actual cost of Nat Gas.

Residential Electricity and Natural Gas Plans & Options

Oh sure...confuse things with logic :)

Since taking advantage of numerous GreenON incentives, I can drop the temp from 26C to 22C at night (when ambient temps are lower) and it doesn't climb back above 26C during the day even in our hot summer. Unbelievable change.

Winter NG use was about 50% lower than past years.

Ford's logic is bat$hit crazy.

Reactions: champion1955
I wrote the Tesla rep to get a response related to cancelled orders since the Doug Ford debacle.
I just received the following appallingly discourteous response - it was like I had not been talking with them for many months and that they did not still hold $4,300 of my money:

Thank you for your email.
Your cancellation has been processed as of 7/27/2018. Unfortunately, your order is no longer associated with a VIN. If you are interested in ordering a Model 3, please visit our Tesla website or visit your local Tesla showroom to place an order.
Regards,

Annujaan

Annujaan Karunanithy | Inside Delivery Advisor, Canada

2 Bloor Street East, Toronto, ON M4W 1A8

m. +1 (416) 277-9165 | [email protected]

I wrote the Tesla rep to get a response related to cancelled orders since the Doug Ford debacle.
I just received the following appallingly discourteous response - it was like I had not been talking with them for many months and that they did not still hold $4,300 of my money:

Your cancellation has been processed as of 7/27/2018. Unfortunately, your order is no longer associated with a VIN. If you are interested in ordering a Model 3, please visit our Tesla website or visit your local Tesla showroom to place an order.
Regards,

Annujaan

That’s also my rep! It feels like he’s one of those busy foot soldiers that’s not very interested to go above and beyond. The higher ups are better.

• Informative
Reactions: Burlburt
The "Lead Delivery Advisor" for Toronto reached out to me last week indicating that my car would be here soon and that I should start getting the money and insurance together. I filled out the delivery information on my account and called them today to find out the exact date of delivery and VIN for my insurance. They told me the car is in transit and will be at my preferred dealer Wednesday. They setup a delivery appointment for me on Thursday to pick it up.
Would you mind asking them when the car left the factory, because mine left Monday (Aug 27th) and they are giving me a tentative window of last week in September for delivery.

Regards,

Annujaan

I think we should not continue to blame Tesla for the actions of the Ford government. For those expecting more hand-holding, remember that Ontario orders represent maybe 3% of Tesla's worldwide sales. Remember that Tesla is going through a ridiculous ramp up and can barely process the cars people have paid for, much less the ones they are "courteously" and voluntarily refunding down-payments for.

I appreciate your frustration, @RossK, I just don't see how this reply is "appallingly discourteous". At most, it was curt, but still polite, IMHO.