Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon Waiting Room Q3

acarney

Jul 9, 2019
Richland, WA
Ordered 6 October 2020
No VIN yet
MY/LR Blue/Black/Tow
Estimated delivery when ordering was 3-7 weeks

A bunch of people were getting VINs for blue in the Pacific Northwest basically since Oct 1st... if Tesla is still running blue right now, you might have a VIN show up much sooner.

MYinBend

Sep 23, 2020
OR
Awesome! Mine might be there by the time you pick yours up. I'm curious to hear how yours looks since I'm from out of state and won't really have the opportunity to look at mine or reject it but delivery should happen on Friday (I'm not traveling 8 hours round trip :p)

I accepted delivery this afternoon, and the car is impeccable. The Black paint had no issues. I had to drive home 160+ miles and taking the pass was fun. The car really performed as advertised. It caught a lot of bugs, so no fancy pictures to share. My SA, Josh, was a pleasure to work with.

fridaynow

Sep 28, 2020
Oregon
I accepted delivery this afternoon, and the car is impeccable. The Black paint had no issues. I had to drive home 160+ miles and taking the pass was fun. The car really performed as advertised. It caught a lot of bugs, so no fancy pictures to share. My SA, Josh, was a pleasure to work with.

Thanks for sharing, at least this gives a sliver of hope against all the quality issues being mentioned by others taking delivery. Enjoy your new ride.

Reactions: MYinBend

MYinBend

Sep 23, 2020
OR
How was delivery? Curious if it was a 2020 or 2021 VIN.
2297754D-3DC8-4C39-B811-B8064D458CC6.jpeg

I had a great delivery experience. I missed the 2021’s by just over a hundred cars, but I got one of the best from 2020. My Y will never be spotless, but it’s a beast on the mountain. Good luck get yours home. Don’t stress it.

Reactions: Blue Skye

pdxrunr

Aug 5, 2015
Lake Oswego, OR
Ordered the same day 10/1 with exact same build configuration LR/White Exterior/Black Interior/Gemini/Tow hitch... Still no VIN... I live like 20mins away from Fremont Factory.

Did you do all the necessary tasks (loan, insurance, DL, etc) on the same day as the order? As others have said, it really seems to make a difference if you do that.

wujo

Sep 24, 2020
Portland, OR
I got my VIN today.

Ordered on 9/24/2020. Originally had it "ineligible" for delivery until 11/1/2020, so I could guarantee a 2021 VIN.

On 10/05/2020, I did all of my necessary tasks, when I started reading that the 2021 were being shipped.

On 10/09/2020, I emailed my SA to take me off the "ineligible" list.

On 10/20/2020, I received my VIN - MF0650XX!

Ordered - LR / MSM / Black / Induction / No Tow Hitch / Autopilot

pdxrunr

Aug 5, 2015
Lake Oswego, OR
Ordered 10/1, picking up on 10/21. MY/LR/White/Black/Tow. 20 days, not bad!

Picked up today! Almost flawless car. A tiny hold in the armrest in the back seat in the faux leather. They will replace the entire arm rest. Paint, body panels fantastic. Can't say enough about the team at Macadam, top notch!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC