Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out of curiosity, what do you hate about your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OTA downgrades.
My car now charges at half the speed than it used to (supercharger).
It takes more than an hour to go from 90% to 100%
Voltage cap induced loss of range
Excessive cooling of the battery over 80% SoC takes up 8 miles of range
Web browser is broken after update
Excessive cooling fan activity under normal, gentle driving conditions (service center couldn't find anything wrong)
very expensive repairs / service
Poor quality paint
eMMc chip failure
bubbles on screen
interior rattles

“Hate” is a strong word but there is one thing I really dislike about the Model S. Frameless door glass, gdamn why do manufacturers do that? Terrible idea, they freeze up in the cold and the car needs to run the window up/down every time the door opens and closes. Perhaps they are a little bit quieter on the highway but personally would prefer proper framed doors please/thanks.

Tesla took away the ability to have the rear camera on top while driving. Major annoyance.
eMMC flash time bomb in MCU - REALLY not looking forward to this down the road.
MCU outdated in less than a year of ownership.
Burns through tires, a set a year.
Door handles and potential issues down the road (2 addressed so far but now out of warranty)
Dimming headlights/DRL eyebrows (Replaced at 50,000 miles but I know it'll occur again)

Reactions: UnicornDriver
Nothing. I got early 14 model and knew what I'm buying, it is thin, doors sound like empty metal buckets, road noise, dash noises, uncomfortable seats, outdated hardware... but damn I love it! the best car I have ever had and I had many cars, both new and used and classic... my tesla is far better than anything else...

As a new owner (picked up Sept 31 2019) I would have to say the worse part of my Tesla is not being able to keep from flooring it all the time and causing my range to be out of wack.
Second would be range if I have a last minute meet up with friends and I knew I didn't have the power to get home afterwards since I live fairly far from work and usual meet up areas.

I can't use the word hate about anything, but my biggest disappointment is the audio system.

Yes! I was scrolling through this thread looking for something I would agree with and I have to say, I expected more out of the stereo (speaking from a sterofiles perspective) but hate.... not hate.

I swear I have been downgrading since a 2014 VW Passat TDI SEL as far as stereos go. My still used '17 KIA Optima Plug-in with the tech package so apparently an upgraded stereo too was less impressive than the Passat and now my MS LR AWD (again, with upgraded audio over the base) is less than that :(

As a new owner (picked up Sept 31 2019) I would have to say the worse part of my Tesla is not being able to keep from flooring it all the time and causing my range to be out of wack.
Second would be range if I have a last minute meet up with friends and I knew I didn't have the power to get home afterwards since I live fairly far from work and usual meet up areas.

set to chill mode; if you have any semblance of restraint you'll leave it like that; but ...... like most of us you won't - hah

- LTE dropping and losing streaming for 5 min every time. Antenna has been changed 3x now with no long term success.

- missed MCU2 by a month...mcu1 seems like the discarded bastard child and no new functions coming.

- wind noise db

- fan speed constantly resetting to 1 and never holding memory at last speed setting

- AP nags...back in 2015/16 the good ol days when one could drive for hours sans hands.

- v9 not allowing flip screen and music or other screens on top area.

- music bass response reduced over time by software update. Back in 2016, 90D hi def performance was incredible. Over the yrs the system has reduced somewhat in quality.

So other than this, I love driving it lol. And I wouldn’t give her up EVER. :)

can't hate the car - I went to pick it up (inventory) ... they came up with a bunch of excuses why it wasn't ready ... that was 6 weeks ago and still haven't got it.

So my car is depreciating steadily even though I have yet to see it.

Hate might be a bit strong but sure as heck my respect for Tesla is at an all time low.
Definitely a feeling of being shafted here.

can't hate the car - I went to pick it up (inventory) ... they came up with a bunch of excuses why it wasn't ready ... that was 6 weeks ago and still haven't got it.

So my car is depreciating steadily even though I have yet to see it.

Hate might be a bit strong but sure as heck my respect for Tesla is at an all time low.
Definitely a feeling of being shafted here.

Ask corn reduction in purchase price for the delay...I received one for my 10 day delay around $1000. ($100/day).