Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out of curiosity, what do you hate about your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate the fact my wife does not want to drive our MS, and is in the market for something less complicated (sic!) and is looking at a 2017 MB S class 550e.

I hate the fact that our Tesla was not the Mercedes preventer it should have been, and now I have to reorganize the garage and learn German...to take care of this Foreign ICE beast...

• Funny
Reactions: David99
I hate the fact my wife does not want to drive our MS, and is in the market for something less complicated (sic!) and is looking at a 2017 MB S class 550e.

I hate the fact that our Tesla was not the Mercedes preventer it should have been, and now I have to reorganize the garage and learn German...to take care of this Foreign ICE beast...
Like what’s complicated about the MS? Does she have a long commute or have to deal with frequent supercharging?

I dislike that the Tesla car feels "common" compared to the Screaming Yellow Cobra Terminator Convertible I replaced. In the 15 years of driving the Cobra, I saw only one other Screaming Yellow Cobra coupe (never saw another convertible). It was a dang rare loud (both visually and sound wise) car and that was one of the many charms that beast had going for it. The Tesla on the other hand, as gorgeous as it is, feels common since I see several other Blue Model S driving around any given week.

...I know it's petty complaint.

Reactions: Zer0t
Probably been mentioned a bunch here but I'll list my hates

The lack of the following:
360 camera
soft close doors
auto frunk
foot activated auto frunk and trunk
I'll throw this in for my dad, no passenger grab handle on the interior to help him get in/out (I like the cleanliness of not having it)
not having the features in the app that the other models have (homelink from app, close and vent windows, etc...)
MORE USB PORTS!!!! and fast charge ports at that

I think that's all I can think of for now, other than that LOVE the car!!!!!

No 360 camera
No cross traffic alert
turning radius

Agree on the lack of cross-traffic alert and turning radius, but they're mostly interesting differences compared with my previous car rather than a true "hate". I don't really hate anything on our Tesla and just wish there was a way to bring up the climate control screen without turning it on. Sometimes I just want to turn on seat heaters in the rear of our Raven S without turning on anything else in the car.

As for 360 camera, I thought we now have that since V10 as it now records from front, both sides, and rear camera...but yea, we currently cannot view 360 on demand.

I would also like the ability to move the passenger seat forward/backward without having to lean all the way over to reach the controls. My previous Lexus LS had a dedicate button near the front-passenger seat armrest that made it oh so easy. Tesla could easily add this functionality through onscreen controls.

I have a hell of a time getting in and out of my garage turning around the planters, etc takes 10 minutes forward and back because of the turning radius. Could blame the architect somewhat too but....

There are other things I don’t like but they are features it seems like squeaky brakes from what the service center has said numerous times after fixing 2x that didn’t last long enough to drive out of the parking lot.

but today there is nothing that compares to the raw performance of the car, handling, acceleration, size.

Like what’s complicated about the MS? Does she have a long commute or have to deal with frequent supercharging?
Nothing compared to MB..went for a test drive on a used 550e S class today. She is going to need a flight engineer to operate that thing...but she has no clue...she will prolly hate it and maybe I can flip it for a Model Y...

I love the car - best ever.

I hate the service. Both the system (no verbal interaction) and the competence of the techs (over time, the service department has literally caused more problems than I have brought the car in to have solved).

Secondarily, I hate the software "upgrades" after the initial introduction of AP1 years ago. They are definitely a negative on-balance.

Given my service experience my wife thinks I would be a fool to buy another Tesla, yet I'm still salivating over the upcoming plaid Nurbergring Model S.

• Disagree
Reactions: TrevTremaine

Same situation here, wife got the 560 4matic. I have to say I like that car too, the luxury part is amazing but will pick the tesla for driving any day. The Merc does way better on curbs than the tesla. I can exit on curved ramps faster on the merc than MS. The collusion avoidance is also notably amazing, it somehow moves the car from obstacles by braking individual wheels and for the driver it feels like you hit some slick road. I had it happen a few times. Yeah it has heated massage seats for all seats in the car so everyone in the car silently enjoys the drive.

Same situation here, wife got the 560 4matic. I have to say I like that car too, the luxury part is amazing but will pick the tesla for driving any day. The Merc does way better on curbs than the tesla. I can exit on curved ramps faster on the merc than MS. The collusion avoidance is also notably amazing, it somehow moves the car from obstacles by braking individual wheels and for the driver it feels like you hit some slick road. I had it happen a few times. Yeah it has heated massage seats for all seats in the car so everyone in the car silently enjoys the drive.

I have SAS, on my older MS. I have never pushed the car enough to notice.

Reviewed the option sheet today, did not see the collusion avoidance option. Seems like a good thing for some people in power these days... (sorry)

Last edited:
There’s nothing I hate about my Performance MS.

Is it perfect? No.

Is it superior to any ice car near its price range? Yes.

Is it superior to all other electrics. Yes. That includes Taycan which is almost twice the price and 40% less range.