Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally picked it up; 19” carbon rims to be installed post delivery.

E2CC4F54-2F8B-41A8-9D00-68DD6F9849C4.jpeg

This week is the week. Scheduled for 3/2/19 to pick up 2019 S 75D. The guys at Southlake, TX found me two 2018's, but I waited too long and the one was gone, but they found this 2019 S 75D out on the showroom in SFO. Getting updates everyday, although it has been just three days. Told it may be here mid week. I Thought that it was probably a 2018 build sold as a 19, but the vin shows a "K". Wasn't really excited until today and wish it was here for this weekend in Dallas, suppose to be a beautiful weekend.

Reactions: Galve2000
I flew to San Diego on Feb 13, bought my 2015 S 85, and drove ~400 miles back to Scottsdale the same day (AP1 did most of the driving). Car had 25,549 miles when I took delivery.

Tesla Mobile Service came out to my home this past week to perform 2 recalls, a service bulletin, and also repaired the pano roof shuddering and a loose rear door handle. I also bought a second key from them for $178.

Fantastic owner experience so far. Cannot wait for the pickup truck to be released.
Y1wmNrxMTkGKR2zuR+YjcA.jpg

Image is not my car! I do have a white MS but never park it anywhere close to another car, except in garage next to DW car, in which case it gets covered and a 4 x 10 foot foam sheet barrier applied.

Meguiars used to sell a Tung oil based paint cleaner that would make paint transfer disappear, but can't find it anymore...

EE743979-D431-4086-BBE8-DCF32ACBCD5D.jpeg

Picked up this 2015 p85d today in a Cheesecake Factory parking lot. The CPO guy met me there cuz its a bit closer to my work. Kinda funny. Paperwork and exchange took >5 min. Car is perfectly pristine inside and out, and driving on isade mode is literally insane. Makes your stomach feel funny when you go for it, which ill be doing constantly. Scheduled a service appt to upgrade from 3g to LTE, anyone have any experience with that? How big of a difference does it make? Anyway, 50k well spent. Dreamt/worked/sacrificed a lot to get this beauty and she’s finally here. Parked ‘summonly’ in my garage. Thanks to all in these forums that provided me with constant knowledge and information to guide my purchase and increase my excitement. Smart bunch of people around here. Cheers

Got a loaner P85D for the first time yesterday (usually get slower Xs). All I can say is that I’ve been flooring it at lights and laughing out loud.

Even though the P85D is “older” and slower than the fastest Tesla’s now, it’s still one violent car in acceleration. Fantastically violent. I don’t want to know what a P100D with ludicrous is like. It’s a good thing I don’t have this car, I think I would be replacing tires every 5k miles...

Reactions: pvazquez03
Just picked up my 2014 P85D at the Tesla Service Center in San Antonio! I would have taken pictures but the wife was embarrassed and wouldn't let me (I managed to sneak a quick one in). Delivery was very smooth! Literally just walk in to the Gallery, walk out to the car with service tech, and he handed me the keys. Took about 5 minutes in total.
IMG_0586.JPG

I plan on doing a full write-up with timeline once my tags and title come in and everything (and hopefully better pictures....).
Did have a few cosmetic issues that I'll have to work out with my Sales Adviser (chipped taillight and wood glue(?) on the center console from a suction cup) . Since Texas is a "no-sell" state, I had to pay for the car before taking delivery.
IMG_0585.JPG
IMG_0589.JPG

I'm very curious to see how your sales advisor will handle those issues. Was the car delivered from another state? Curious about your order to delivery timeline. Im currently waiting for a 2014 Model S to ship from Vegas to NJ. I plan to make final payment when I go pick up the car. Thanks,and beautiful car.

Traded in my P85D for a New 10/18 P100DL.

When i bought my 2014 CPO P85D, with 31K miles, the car was better than expected. Only a minor curb rash. The car was in l"ike new condition"

I decided to upgrade to a new P100DL with only 14 miles..

The unexpected delivery took around 1 week after Tesla received the payment.

For the price that Tesla charge I was expecting enclose transport.

received In reality the used CPO I bought from Tesla was in better condition.

Here are some pictures. This was a quick inspection because the delivery was unexpected and I have previous activities to attend.

The dashboard stitches is small but extremely annoying.

Attachments

• IMG_20190327_161732.jpg
    IMG_20190327_161732.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_20190327_161419.jpg
    IMG_20190327_161419.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_20190327_160722.jpg
    IMG_20190327_160722.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 192
Traded in my P85D for a New 10/18 P100DL.

When i bought my 2014 CPO P85D, with 31K miles, the car was better than expected. Only a minor curb rash. The car was in l"ike new condition"

I decided to upgrade to a new P100DL with only 14 miles..

The unexpected delivery took around 1 week after Tesla received the payment.

For the price that Tesla charge I was expecting enclose transport.

received In reality the used CPO I bought from Tesla was in better condition.

Here are some pictures. This was a quick inspection because the delivery was unexpected and I have previous activities to attend.

The dashboard stitches is small but extremely annoying.
All I can say is the Dallas group was exceptional, maybe, more than likely, the bigger centers are pumping out more cars and have personnel to take care of items like yours before they send it out. Your items in the pictures stick out like a sore thumb and should have been fixed prior to delivery. Unacceptable.

I have had a far from positive experience after taking delivery of my CPO 2014 P85D.

I flew to SF to pick up the car and drive it back to Orange County. Firstly it's crazy that you have to essentially buy the car sight unseen based on some low res pictures, and they don't provide a service history or CPO checklist. Very sketchy.

I got to the Freemont delivery center and got to see the car for like 5 minutes. At first glance, for a car with 50k miles, the bodywork was pretty good, just some light scratches, a tiny hood dent and no curb rash. Good start but then it all went downhill. I immediately noticed condensation in the tail light and the center armrest leather pieces had fallen off! I told the delivery guy and he basically said "Sorry, these cars are sold as is.". I said that's BS and after he spoke to a manager they agreed to fix the armrest and gave me a due bill for the tail light. I will add that at this point I asked for the CPO inspection checklist which I was finally given after a bit of back and forth.

The car was also listed as having 21 inch wheels but the pictures they sent and the car I picked up had 19s. So they said they'd send new 21 inch wheels and tires to my local service center for installation. It's been a month and no sign of when those are coming.

Anyways, I drive off and around 5 miles down the road the tire pressure warning comes on. I pull over and one of the tires is low, no big deal I thought. I filled it up and drove on. Then I noticed at low speed a clicking from the steering wheel which I later found out was due to steering column bolts which should have been replaced during the CPO process as it was part of a recall from 2018. I also noticed the car drifts to the right when on a straight flat road suggesting the alignment is off.

Finally got home and decided to look at the wheel wells to see if the clicking was a piece of trim or something. Then I noticed the front splash shield under the car was bent and partially hanging off being held on by only 3 plastic rivets. 7 other rivets and 2 bolts were all missing. I am amazed that this was not picked up during the CPO process. If they visually inspected the battery (i.e. looked under the car) it would have been immediately obvious. Either no inspection was done or the tech was grossly incompetent.

Few days go by. Another tire pressure light. Looked at the tire in question and there is a nail in it... towards the outer edge so it can't be patched. Again, I cannot believe they did not check the tires before selling the vehicle.

I finally got a service appointment (which is also near impossible) and they replaced the bolts/rivets in the splash shield but wouldn't replace it despite the fact it is warped/bent. They also replaced the steering column bolts and the tail light. They wouldn't replace the tire without a due bill - how the F was I supposed to find a nail in a tire when I only had 5 minutes to look at the (stationary) vehicle? They said I have to ask my CPO sales agent. The technician agreed that the car veers to the right but said to not worry about alignment until after my 21 inch wheels and tires are installed. OK fair enough.

I have also noticed the brake pedal is loose and the turn signal does not auto cancel when turning left.

So now I am waiting to hear back from the CPO team to see if they will replace the tire while I wait for my 21s to come in (no reply in 3 days so far). Most of these issues should have been found during the CPO inspection. I really can't believe they didn't check whether any recalls had been done and they clearly didn't look at the car from underneath or check the tires. I would expect much better from a company like Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: rafacq
I have had a far from positive experience after taking delivery of my CPO 2014 P85D.

I flew to SF to pick up the car and drive it back to Orange County. Firstly it's crazy that you have to essentially buy the car sight unseen based on some low res pictures, and they don't provide a service history or CPO checklist. Very sketchy.

I got to the Freemont delivery center and got to see the car for like 5 minutes. At first glance, for a car with 50k miles, the bodywork was pretty good, just some light scratches, a tiny hood dent and no curb rash. Good start but then it all went downhill. I immediately noticed condensation in the tail light and the center armrest leather pieces had fallen off! I told the delivery guy and he basically said "Sorry, these cars are sold as is.". I said that's BS and after he spoke to a manager they agreed to fix the armrest and gave me a due bill for the tail light. I will add that at this point I asked for the CPO inspection checklist which I was finally given after a bit of back and forth.

The car was also listed as having 21 inch wheels but the pictures they sent and the car I picked up had 19s. So they said they'd send new 21 inch wheels and tires to my local service center for installation. It's been a month and no sign of when those are coming.

Anyways, I drive off and around 5 miles down the road the tire pressure warning comes on. I pull over and one of the tires is low, no big deal I thought. I filled it up and drove on. Then I noticed at low speed a clicking from the steering wheel which I later found out was due to steering column bolts which should have been replaced during the CPO process as it was part of a recall from 2018. I also noticed the car drifts to the right when on a straight flat road suggesting the alignment is off.

Finally got home and decided to look at the wheel wells to see if the clicking was a piece of trim or something. Then I noticed the front splash shield under the car was bent and partially hanging off being held on by only 3 plastic rivets. 7 other rivets and 2 bolts were all missing. I am amazed that this was not picked up during the CPO process. If they visually inspected the battery (i.e. looked under the car) it would have been immediately obvious. Either no inspection was done or the tech was grossly incompetent.

Few days go by. Another tire pressure light. Looked at the tire in question and there is a nail in it... towards the outer edge so it can't be patched. Again, I cannot believe they did not check the tires before selling the vehicle.

I finally got a service appointment (which is also near impossible) and they replaced the bolts/rivets in the splash shield but wouldn't replace it despite the fact it is warped/bent. They also replaced the steering column bolts and the tail light. They wouldn't replace the tire without a due bill - how the F was I supposed to find a nail in a tire when I only had 5 minutes to look at the (stationary) vehicle? They said I have to ask my CPO sales agent. The technician agreed that the car veers to the right but said to not worry about alignment until after my 21 inch wheels and tires are installed. OK fair enough.

I have also noticed the brake pedal is loose and the turn signal does not auto cancel when turning left.

So now I am waiting to hear back from the CPO team to see if they will replace the tire while I wait for my 21s to come in (no reply in 3 days so far). Most of these issues should have been found during the CPO inspection. I really can't believe they didn't check whether any recalls had been done and they clearly didn't look at the car from underneath or check the tires. I would expect much better from a company like Tesla.

So hope my delivery day goes a lot better than that. I have put my deposit on a 2015 S85D with 12,004 miles. Waiting to find when I need to fly to San Diego to take delivery and then drive back to Texas. Seems the stories I have heard from the San Diego delivery team are good. Crossing my fingers!

I flew to San Diego on Feb 13, bought my 2015 S 85, and drove ~400 miles back to Scottsdale the same day (AP1 did most of the driving). Car had 25,549 miles when I took delivery.

Tesla Mobile Service came out to my home this past week to perform 2 recalls, a service bulletin, and also repaired the pano roof shuddering and a loose rear door handle. I also bought a second key from them for $178.

Fantastic owner experience so far. Cannot wait for the pickup truck to be released.
View attachment 380117

Thats a real beauty! Congratulations. Enjoy. One question, did the car not come with two FOBs?