Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners delivery stories, photos and first impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our Model S showed up today without warning. It was transported from Atlanta 400 + plus miles on the front of an open transport. The inside has dust everywhere and some of the tape and plastic were removed. They dropped it off, asked us to sign a form and threw us the FOBs. Not exactly what I was expecting when purchasing a $120K vehicle. Spend a couple of hours cleaning outside. Only found 2 paint issues, crap under paint by door and a scrap on rear bumper. Tomorrow clean & sanitize the inside. Drive on Sunday. Killing me !!

M

PS - This is the first time I have seen the "Glass Roof". Awesome !!

Update - Drove the Raven for the 1st time. I have to say I was impressed with ride and power. Left in sport mode until i get more use to the vehicle. Can't wait to feel Ludicrous + mode !! Also found about 5 small imperfections on hood when we looked at it in sunlight. Not sure the fix maybe worst than living with them. Wife has already hid my FOB. My fault I let her drive it... I removed front license holder. Looks sooo much better.
Unfortunate that you had to do your own delivery prep, but the car looks very good.

The Slipstreams appear to be easier to clean than the new wheels. Wheel covers are easy if you keep them on. But the Genesis wheels are a pain to wash with just a mitt. I’m hoping it was because the wheel covers were on and a build up of brake dust and dirt won’t happen next time.

Hey all,

Bit of a long-winded story here. I usually commute to work by train down the San Diego coast, but during the summer I like to ride my bike into work. It's about 24 miles each way, so I usually won't ride more than 3 days a week (although I've done as many as 5). With COVID-19, I won't be taking mass transit any time soon, and there's no way I can commit to riding every day - especially when the days start getting shorter in the fall. My first thought was "electric bike". As you can tell, I'm a pretty avid cyclist so I was looking high-end - they start at around $6500. Then I thought "that's still a really big commitment especially in the dark, bad weather, still need to shower at work" not to mention the additional danger of going 28 mph in the bike lanes. So, next thought was Electric Motorcycle. I was looking at the Zero FXS - basically a feather-weight supermoto with the same torque as a 1000cc superbike. This was around $11K with just enough range to get me to and from work. A little more practical, but not much. Also, a motorcycle like that would encourage me to do stupid things. I started researching the Model Y, mainly because one of my co-workers (and Tesla fanatic) had his on order and we talked about his Model 3 and the improvements on the Model Y. I like to go fast, so if I were to go that route I'd have to get the Model Y Performance. I laid out these 3 options to my wife and she immediately nixed the e-Bike idea. She said it would get too hard to stay committed to that and it would become another toy. Can't really argue there. She also nixed the eMotorcycle also. I had sold my motorcycle (BMW R1200R) about a year ago and I could tell she was really happy when I did. She wasn't exactly thrilled about me getting another. Then I brought up the Model Y.

Now - a little back-story. I've always been a huge motor-head and we had always talked about when I was really established in my career (and we had room in the garage) I'd get my dream car. For the past decade, that's been the Porsche 911 (Carrera S to be specific). As the years have gone by, I never lost my desire to drive one but the practicality of not being able to enjoy it with the family made it wear off on me. I thought about the Porsche Panamera, BMW M6 (or M8 if I found a nice used one) but those cars never moved me (so to speak).

OK, back to the story. So, when I brought up the Model Y, my wife said "why not the Model S? that one looks nicer on you". I told her that if I do that, I should just pull my "dream car" card and get the Performance with FSD. And... she said "yes". It took exactly 1.5 seconds to make sure she wasn't joking and I had my $100 deposit down in about 7 seconds flat. I worked with a sales associate to find a demo to knock the price down a bit - I ended up getting a new one from inventory that had all the features I was looking for.

Anyway, I'd like to introduce you to the most expensive $6500 eBike in the world:

IMG_20200601_104201.jpg

Being a techno-geek, I'm like a kid in a candy store. I can't believe there's so much technology packed into this car. Being a motor-head that grew up dreaming of muscle cars - the acceleration is just insane. Absolutely insane. And, much more "practical" than the 911 :).

Enjoy all,
-craigger.

Hey all,

Bit of a long-winded story here. I usually commute to work by train down the San Diego coast, but during the summer I like to ride my bike into work. It's about 24 miles each way, so I usually won't ride more than 3 days a week (although I've done as many as 5). With COVID-19, I won't be taking mass transit any time soon, and there's no way I can commit to riding every day - especially when the days start getting shorter in the fall. My first thought was "electric bike". As you can tell, I'm a pretty avid cyclist so I was looking high-end - they start at around $6500. Then I thought "that's still a really big commitment especially in the dark, bad weather, still need to shower at work" not to mention the additional danger of going 28 mph in the bike lanes. So, next thought was Electric Motorcycle. I was looking at the Zero FXS - basically a feather-weight supermoto with the same torque as a 1000cc superbike. This was around $11K with just enough range to get me to and from work. A little more practical, but not much. Also, a motorcycle like that would encourage me to do stupid things. I started researching the Model Y, mainly because one of my co-workers (and Tesla fanatic) had his on order and we talked about his Model 3 and the improvements on the Model Y. I like to go fast, so if I were to go that route I'd have to get the Model Y Performance. I laid out these 3 options to my wife and she immediately nixed the e-Bike idea. She said it would get too hard to stay committed to that and it would become another toy. Can't really argue there. She also nixed the eMotorcycle also. I had sold my motorcycle (BMW R1200R) about a year ago and I could tell she was really happy when I did. She wasn't exactly thrilled about me getting another. Then I brought up the Model Y.

Now - a little back-story. I've always been a huge motor-head and we had always talked about when I was really established in my career (and we had room in the garage) I'd get my dream car. For the past decade, that's been the Porsche 911 (Carrera S to be specific). As the years have gone by, I never lost my desire to drive one but the practicality of not being able to enjoy it with the family made it wear off on me. I thought about the Porsche Panamera, BMW M6 (or M8 if I found a nice used one) but those cars never moved me (so to speak).

OK, back to the story. So, when I brought up the Model Y, my wife said "why not the Model S? that one looks nicer on you". I told her that if I do that, I should just pull my "dream car" card and get the Performance with FSD. And... she said "yes". It took exactly 1.5 seconds to make sure she wasn't joking and I had my $100 deposit down in about 7 seconds flat. I worked with a sales associate to find a demo to knock the price down a bit - I ended up getting a new one from inventory that had all the features I was looking for.

Anyway, I'd like to introduce you to the most expensive $6500 eBike in the world:

View attachment 547473

Being a techno-geek, I'm like a kid in a candy store. I can't believe there's so much technology packed into this car. Being a motor-head that grew up dreaming of muscle cars - the acceleration is just insane. Absolutely insane. And, much more "practical" than the 911 :).

Enjoy all,
-craigger.

Congratulations on your new red E-Bike :)

Reactions: craigger
Hey all,

View attachment 547473

Enjoy all,
-craigger.

Congratulations and welcome to the world of Tesla! Mine is the same color as yours (or near enough after 5 years of benign neglect), and i still love it. Hope you have a similarly positive experience as I!

Hey all,

View attachment 547473

Enjoy all,
-craigger.

Can totally relate to much of your story. Also a long time gearhead...E36 M3, E39 540i 6 Speed manual, CLK55 AMG, E55 AMG, 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, and on and on.

Over the last 2-3 years, I started to get a bit depressed whenever my car magazines would come. Suddenly all of the hype that used to excite me about fast ICE cars, modifications, exhaust systems, tunes, etc, to get ICE cars to go faster? No longer was interesting. Why? Tesla's were getting exotic supercar level accelerations stock. And suddenly AMG, //M, etc, were outdated, tech wise and performance wise.

So,went the way of the Model S. Sold the E55. And at this point, will never go backwards to ICE again.

Can totally relate to much of your story. Also a long time gearhead...E36 M3, E39 540i 6 Speed manual, CLK55 AMG, E55 AMG, 2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, and on and on.

Over the last 2-3 years, I started to get a bit depressed whenever my car magazines would come. Suddenly all of the hype that used to excite me about fast ICE cars, modifications, exhaust systems, tunes, etc, to get ICE cars to go faster? No longer was interesting. Why? Tesla's were getting exotic supercar level accelerations stock. And suddenly AMG, //M, etc, were outdated, tech wise and performance wise.

So,went the way of the Model S. Sold the E55. And at this point, will never go backwards to ICE again.
When I read the hype about the new Corvette I wondered if there are still enough people who care for the development cost to be worthwhile for GM. But I guess the answer is still yes.

When I read the hype about the new Corvette I wondered if there are still enough people who care for the development cost to be worthwhile for GM. But I guess the answer is still yes.

EV's in the usa are still only about 2% of overall sales. Long way to go before mass acceptance really takes hold. Many people are still anti-ev. Lots of misconceptions are still out there on range, performance, etc. Will take awhile to have mass change

EV's in the usa are still only about 2% of overall sales. Long way to go before mass acceptance really takes hold. Many people are still anti-ev. Lots of misconceptions are still out there on range, performance, etc. Will take awhile to have mass change
I agree, many have no clue about driving an all electric car and there are many misconceptions. How can I drive an all electric car other than my house where can I get electricity. The good thing is that fossil fuel is dying a fast death, the bad thing is that gas is cheap.

I will say I miss the rumble of a nice V8, but probably not enough to go back to ICE. I do have a 95 Harley Dyna I'm doing a ground-up rebuild on so that will probably scratch the petrol itch. One thing I'll say about the MSP is that as fast as it is, it doesn't 'beg' to be driven hard. Not sure that makes sense. It's just as happy rolling around lazily and then (instantly) get on it with no lag. Real Jekyll and Hyde. I'm still on the fence if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I'm leaning towards good.

Reactions: serpico007
I will say I miss the rumble of a nice V8, but probably not enough to go back to ICE. I do have a 95 Harley Dyna I'm doing a ground-up rebuild on so that will probably scratch the petrol itch. One thing I'll say about the MSP is that as fast as it is, it doesn't 'beg' to be driven hard. Not sure that makes sense. It's just as happy rolling around lazily and then (instantly) get on it with no lag. Real Jekyll and Hyde. I'm still on the fence if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I'm leaning towards good.
I have to disagree - I have the slowest Model S - a uncorked 75D (0-60 in 4.2 seconds) and I find it always asking me to floor the throttle to feel that push back in the seat and the totally effortless way it gathers speed. It's the best fun I've ever had!! I can only imagine how much more fun an MSP is.

I have to disagree - I have the slowest Model S - a uncorked 75D (0-60 in 4.2 seconds) and I find it always asking me to floor the throttle to feel that push back in the seat and the totally effortless way it gathers speed. It's the best fun I've ever had!! I can only imagine how much more fun an MSP is.

Yeah, don't get me wrong - I take full advantage of the acceleration/handling and my average wh/mile is embarrassingly high. I've been trying to figure out what the difference in 'feeling' boils down to. The best I can figure out is that go-fast sports cars are usually pretty bad at driving slow. Huge injectors = rough idle, low rpm with no power/torque until turbos spool up, tall first gears, grabby race clutches, the list goes on.. I think the best I can translate "begs to go fast" is "drives like crap at low speeds" - in my experience anyway. Basically, fast cars were only fun to drive fast. Now, compare that to the MSP - it is well behaved at any speed. Very comfortable to take on long drives (especially with FSD) but man, can that thing smoke when it wants to. Like I said - trying to figure out exactly why it feels different. I think this pretty much sums it up and like I said, I'm thinking this difference is good.

• Love
Reactions: SilverGS
Last year I bought my first Tesla. The model 3 as shown in the photo (black color). I liked that car so much I bought a Model S (still keeping the M3) and we picked it up Friday, June 26 at the Brentwood Tn. Tesla dealership. This is an outstanding dealership and my second experience. The car had been cleaned, shined and sanitized because of the Coronal virus protocols now in place. We got to experience no touch closing but everything was waiting, and we were in and out in twenty minutes tops. I have moved from BMW's to Tesla. Every day I drive the S for pleasure, and I am continually impressed with the technology Tesla offers in it's cars.
Tesla 2020 Model S001.jpg

PS: I got the Long Range Plus model.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best I can figure out is that go-fast sports cars are usually pretty bad at driving slow. Huge injectors = rough idle, low rpm with no power/torque until turbos spool up, tall first gears, grabby race clutches, the list goes on.. I think the best I can translate "begs to go fast" is "drives like crap at low speeds" - in my experience anyway. Basically, fast cars were only fun to drive fast.

That perfectly describes my experience with a Lotus Esprit V8. Then a few years later I got the Roadster, which is a joy to drive anywhere, fast or slow. Especially with the top down. The world needs more open-top BEVs.

Yeah, don't get me wrong - I take full advantage of the acceleration/handling and my average wh/mile is embarrassingly high. I've been trying to figure out what the difference in 'feeling' boils down to. The best I can figure out is that go-fast sports cars are usually pretty bad at driving slow. Huge injectors = rough idle, low rpm with no power/torque until turbos spool up, tall first gears, grabby race clutches, the list goes on.. I think the best I can translate "begs to go fast" is "drives like crap at low speeds" - in my experience anyway. Basically, fast cars were only fun to drive fast. Now, compare that to the MSP - it is well behaved at any speed. Very comfortable to take on long drives (especially with FSD) but man, can that thing smoke when it wants to. Like I said - trying to figure out exactly why it feels different. I think this pretty much sums it up and like I said, I'm thinking this difference is good.

I know what you are saying. And I think ive narrowed it down to the impact of the brain on the aural aspect. The part of the brain that gets stimulated when it hears exhaust notes, engine revs, supercharger whine...feels gear shifts, etc. That wonderful "drama".

All of that is gone, and there are MANY times where I miss it. Its like there are times when the brain was wanting to experience that, so the car kinda obliged/"asked" for it.

Not so much with a silent EV. Not as much brain satisfaction during the acceleration aspect as a when in a powerful ICE car. I always describe it as powerful, but drama free, acceleration in a TEsla.

Miss the ICE aural stimulations sometimes.

But..im still not going back. lol