Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D+ compatible wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Steering response is better IMO. Faster turn in. Really wants to go where you point it. Nothing has changed but the wheels. Road notice is substantially more, but if you saw the tread you would understand. After going back to the stocks wheels for testing, it’s like going from a jet to a single engine piston airplane. There’s just no comparison.

On my daily commute there is a long sweeping right hand turn I can now take at 70 instead of 60. 15% increase just from tires. With all the mods complete I’m hoping for 75.

So the setup I went with is a bit too close for comfort. I had to add 3mm spacers on the fronts to get enough clearance. Once my 275/35’s wear out, I will go down to 265/35 and drop the spacers. That setup will certainly work.

So to recap, on the performace 3+ best fit is 19x9.5 +33 ET with 265/35/19. This is what knecks13 is running. Absolute max is 275/35 with +33ET or +35 offset with 275/35 and 3mm spacers.

is your suspension modified? It looks like it sits pretty low.

I live in the Bay Area and usually drive several times to Lake Tahoe for the ski season which I can't do with the Summer tires. My plan to is to get a second set of wheels with all seasons tires and swap them in December/January and drive with them until April.

What would be your recommendation for all season tires and new set of wheels? I would like 18 or 19 inches wheels.

What would be your recommendation for all season tires and new set of wheels? I would like 18 or 19 inches wheels.

I really like the VMR wheels and they can be machined to fit a P3D, so i'd suggest one of those for a wheel. As for tires, it really depends on what kind of all-season you want, though it sounds like you're looking for a more winter type tire. Here's my favorite YouTube channel on tires (tyres?) and their thoughts on best all-season brands:

Just be sure to match the diameter of whatever tire you get with your current set-up, many online calculators can help you check that (Tire Size Calculator) and probably keep the same width and wheel offset (+35 for P3D)

20181109_170147.jpg 20181109_145209.jpg 20181109_145151.jpg
20181109_170147.jpg
20181109_170147.jpg View attachment 351306
Those look very nice!
Did you purchase new TPMS sensors with them and did they require any spacer rings?
Ended up purchasing the same 8.5 fronts and 9.0 rears with TPMS and Blizzak snows
18X8.5 FLOW ONE RACE SPEC F2 GLOSS GUN
2 In Stock $217.43 $434.86
235/45R-18 BRIDGESTONE BLIZZAK LM001 XL
2 In Stock $237.35 $474.70
REQUIRED CENTERING RING

2 In Stock N/C N/C
18X9 FLOW ONE RACE SPEC F2 GLOSS GUN

2 In Stock $232.42 $464.84
255/40R-18 BRIDGESTONE BLIZZAK LM001 XL
2 In Stock $231.52 $463.04
REQUIRED CENTERING RING

2 In Stock N/C N/C

Mounted my 19” flow one f3’s with Blizzak lm32’s the other day. TireRack revised the hubcentric rings for the P3D+ because the tolerance was too small and they were hard to slide on. New ones are perfect. They are well aware of the lip on the hub and no issues there. TPMS connected and works as expected. Theses are flow forged and weigh less than the TST 19’s

120B20C2-AAB4-4A54-B486-D654DF6064F2.jpeg

Reactions: TexasTeslaRacing
I'm tempted to buy the 20" forged aluminum rims for $4400 - $1000 discount. BUT...they only offer 20x8.5 and 20x10 combo, which I'm not to sure about.

What size are you looking for? FYI VS forged has a similar wheel that is also fully forged, hubcentric and custom sizes/specs....and still cheaper than t-sportline with the 1K discount. You’ll have to wait 6-8 weeks....but keep in mind some of t-sportlines sizes are backordered.

What size are you looking for? FYI VS forged has a similar wheel that is also fully forged, hubcentric and custom sizes/specs....and still cheaper than t-sportline with the 1K discount. You’ll have to wait 6-8 weeks....but keep in mind some of t-sportlines sizes are backordered.
I currently have 20x8.5 from the 20" P3D pilot 4s tires and rims, so I'd be looking at a squared set that matched those.

I currently have 20x8.5 from the 20" P3D pilot 4s tires and rims, so I'd be looking at a squared set that matched those.

Their website lists a 20x8.5 squared setup for p3d+. But also says backordered till mid December. If you’ve been reading about the tst backorder, people hoping for them to come in before the snow hits and some being disappointed....there have been delays. So if you’re willing to wait that’s good....but as mentioned there are other options. Just as light,specific for p3d+ and cheaper.

Their website lists a 20x8.5 squared setup for p3d+. But also says backordered till mid December. If you’ve been reading about the tst backorder, people hoping for them to come in before the snow hits and some being disappointed....there have been delays. So if you’re willing to wait that’s good....but as mentioned there are other options. Just as light,specific for p3d+ and cheaper.
I believe I'm going to use VS forged for my rims, but I'm assuming I have to give them my specifics of my cat etc. Right?