Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P3D- is absolutely ridiculous!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of the P3D- and I have to say it is an absolute blast!!! I loved the RWD LR model I had before, but this is on a whole new level of utter ridiculousness (in a good way).

The sheer brutal, violent acceleration of the P3D- is no joke. The RWD has a nice punch, but the P3D is like a punch to the throat and stomach. It’s so quick.

If you’re on the fence, go for it. It’s a great value (relatively speaking of course). To me, this is the best Tesla Model 3 configuration available, and it’s not even close. For under 50K you can get a car that does 0-60 in 3 seconds and change, while retaining good ride quality and excellent range thanks to the Aero wheels.

I won’t lie, I wasn’t a fan of the Aeros at all, and it was one of the main reasons why I was considering the PUP, but I suggest just getting over it or buying an extra set of wheels, or removing the covers and getting the wheel cap kit. The wheels make a huge difference in range, ride quality, and overall cost savings (no bent rims, Uber-expensive rubber, etc).

One of my favorite things about this config is just how much of a sleeper it is. This is the definition of a sleeper car, and I love that. It’s relatively low key, (well, as low key as you can be in a Model 3) which is my preference. It’s so unassuming, outside of the small Dual Motor badge with the red underline. It lends a subtle hint as to what this thing is capable of, but it’s otherwise completely unassuming. But like others have said, those who know, know. And that folks is why the P3D- is the best Tesla vehicle configuration in my opinion.

I got one the first time around. I'll pass 25,000 miles on my way home from work tonight. Never had it badged. It is a sleeper, and i LOVE disappointing guys in corvettes, camaros, mustangs, and the occasional japanese tuner car (those drivers seem to know what they're getting into, and don't test me...mostly because they know even the "slow" Model 3's can walk them....).

Wheels mean nothing in my book. What tires did you change from too?

Even a non Performance Model S Dual felt so fast to me. I think because it's such a big car is partly why.

But a P100DL is freaken fast, and faster than a P3D with any shoes.
I changed to Michelin PS4S, 245/40/19.

apparently they have less wide tread than the Tesla specific tires though, every though they are wider. Not sure how that works. I'll probably get there same thing again though because they feel better than mxm4, but I also feel like they are kicking up more rocks into my paint on my rockers do i either need my flaps or ppf I guess.

No one will ever suspect a P3D when I'm driving around like this.

01401541-21F3-42DA-85BD-A21060C49DD8.jpeg

Reactions: jamessmooth007
Wheels mean nothing in my book. What tires did you change from too?

Even a non Performance Model S Dual felt so fast to me. I think because it's such a big car is partly why.

But a P100DL is freaken fast, and faster than a P3D with any shoes.
I drove an S, not a P, but honestly the P3D- or + is way more fun/nimble to drive than the S. So even though straight away it's not as fast 0-60, it takes turns way nicer.

Honestly, nobody outside of Tesla owners really knows the differences between the models. The badging is very subtle... I love it when i run away from them at the light and if i get stuck at the next light, they don't even try again.

Honestly, nobody outside of Tesla owners really knows the differences between the models. The badging is very subtle... I love it when i run away from them at the light and if i get stuck at the next light, they don't even try again.
I need to move to SoCal, all i get are hundais and Kias pulling up next to me. so boring around here. my P3D- put up some nice numbers at the dragway last weekend. 11.631 1/4.
-.131 more and i'll have to add a rollbar. yeah right.