Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 Badging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just saw the P85 badge on a car at getting prepped at the Costa Mesa service center. I thought it was a founders car since it had the P85, but it was brand new. It looked sort of "eh" to me. Maybe if they give us current P85 owners the badge, I'll stick in my wife's 40kw.

Service center sent me this pic of my car today. Picking it up tomorrow!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361491594.640976.jpg

I'm mixed on this. On the one hand, I feel like it belongs on my car if it's now Tesla official to have it. On the other hand, my car didn't originally ship with it and I like to keep my cars original unless I have a really good reason to change something.

If mine comes with it, I'll be ripping it off (along with the Model S tag as I'm not keen on that either). I like the debadged look to keep everybody guessing. I also don't want to attract more attention than this car already will.

Just the 85 (or 60 or 40) looks rather bland IMO. The colorful P prefix for the Perf makes it better looking though.

And, is it just me or is the font a lot skinnier than the original P85 on Jurvetson's Founder #1 car?!

I think I'll not bother asking for the badge either at a future service pit stop. The rear looks less busy that way.

If mine comes with it, I'll be ripping it off (along with the Model S tag as I'm not keen on that either). I like the debadged look to keep everybody guessing. I also don't want to attract more attention than this car already will.

That will have the opposite effect - people will be tailgating you trying to figure out what the heck you are driving. I have this problem already even with the badge.