Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I guess it's my turn. I just got this error message this morning. My driving habits are pretty much identical to the OP here. Like the OP, the SC rep also told me that it was caused by "too many ludicrous mode launches" which I find to be complete bullsh*t. Not bullsh*t becuase it's no the probable cause, but bullsh*t because I didn't buy a $135k car to not drive it like it was designed to be driven.

I spun up this thread over on Reddit to discuss and share my sadness with the world. After reading through this thread, I'm not sure whether I should be happy or sad.

Sorry to necro this old thread, but I thought it would be good to put it out there for others that eventually come looking. I'll keep both this thread and the reddit thread updated with progress. As it stands now I am apparently in a high priority hold for a loaner battery. Apparently once I get that, my original pack will be sent to the factory for replacement or a refurbish.

It looks to me that I'll need to stay on top of them to ensure that I don't get some garbage version of the 90 pack.

Sorry to hear it, but hopefully you end up with a better battery after the swap. Hopefully they give you an updated design that fixes the issues. Which version did you start with? v1, v2 or v3?

Last time it only took me 20k miles after the Luda upgrade. I was thinking the same thing I floor the *sugar* out of this car. I typically don’t use Max battery or launch. My peak recorded power was 454kw 90% warm battery after a charge. 40k miles over basically 1.5 years.

I haven’t noticed any power decrease. The second battery gave me had a slightly higher output than the first.

Luda upgrade to original pack 20k
New pack 41k
Now another 81k

When you say higher output, was the just SOTP or did you log the power? if SOTP, could it be that replacement was just giving you the power you had when you first upgraded the pack?

How did it fail? Was it sudden or were there any other signs prior to failure?

When you say higher output, was the just SOTP or did you log the power? if SOTP, could it be that replacement was just giving you the power you had when you first upgraded the pack?

How did it fail? Was it sudden or were there any other signs prior to failure?

Zero signs. I mean in power tools with the first battery I never saw over 450.

My understanding is this is now the second time I’ve either floored it too many times or for too long lol.

Thi

I am going to find out. I haven’t had the second one replaced yet just the battery needs service light

Keep us updated. Most 85 owners reporting that Tesla replacing with 90s. Haven't seen a P85D battery replaced yet. If replaced with a 90, we'll want to know if it's software limited to 1500 amps or if you get full 1600 amps instead which would be a considerable power upgrade.

Keep us updated. Most 85 owners reporting that Tesla replacing with 90s. Haven't seen a P85D battery replaced yet. If replaced with a 90, we'll want to know if it's software limited to 1500 amps or if you get full 1600 amps instead which would be a considerable power upgrade.

Yeah I would be pretty thrilled with that. :) I’ll keep you posted.