Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pennsylvania Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe that means you're really close to delivery. Where are you picking up from? And damn....where the hell is my text...?

I got the "on it's way to the delivery center" text on 9/18 and scheduled delivery online for 9/29. Radio silence since then until this morning. I feel pretty fortunate, < 30 days between ordering and scheduled delivery and wouldn't normally be in a hurry but... I am seriously considering EAP instead of FSD. I had planned to add FSD after delivery because it would have priced the car out of the EV rebate threshold but think EAP is enough for my needs. Would love to save the $$ if I delivery happens before the 30th.

I got the "on it's way to the delivery center" text on 9/18 and scheduled delivery online for 9/29. Radio silence since then until this morning. I feel pretty fortunate, < 30 days between ordering and scheduled delivery and wouldn't normally be in a hurry but... I am seriously considering EAP instead of FSD. I had planned to add FSD after delivery because it would have priced the car out of the EV rebate threshold but think EAP is enough for my needs. Would love to save the $$ if I delivery happens before the 30th.

I got a “2-4 weeks for delivery” text on 9/2 and haven’t heard anything since. My SA said I’m not assigned to a VIN yet as of yesterday. I’m doubting I’m getting my car before the end of the year at this point. Pretty frustrated at this whole experience so far. Their estimates are dog *sugar*.

I feel bad for Azo. I stayed up until 2 last night second-guessing my order. "Do I really need a performance model? Will the $2k boost be good enough? Can I trust my son with the MYP after he graduates from college? What about snow/AS tires?"

I decide this morning around 8 that I'm changing my order. I text Chris in Devon, who is awesome, and tell him what's going on in my brain. I tell him I'll take anything not black or white outside, any color inside, prefer tow hitch but whatevs, and I prefer Gemini wheels. Shortly thereafter, he matches me to a Red LR AWD, black interior, 20" Inductions, no hitch, FSD. I tell him I don't want FSD, so he removed it. I set the appointment up for this afternoon. The front doors don't quite line up with the rocker panel, but it's good enough and everything else is fantastic, so it's now mine.

I feel bad for Azo. I stayed up until 2 last night second-guessing my order. "Do I really need a performance model? Will the $2k boost be good enough? Can I trust my son with the MYP after he graduates from college? What about snow/AS tires?"

I decide this morning around 8 that I'm changing my order. I text Chris in Devon, who is awesome, and tell him what's going on in my brain. I tell him I'll take anything not black or white outside, any color inside, prefer tow hitch but whatevs, and I prefer Gemini wheels. Shortly thereafter, he matches me to a Red LR AWD, black interior, 20" Inductions, no hitch, FSD. I tell him I don't want FSD, so he removed it. I set the appointment up for this afternoon. The front doors don't quite line up with the rocker panel, but it's good enough and everything else is fantastic, so it's now mine.

damn you’re a lucky person. lol

Reactions: Centurion

After reading your post I gave my delivery center a call just now. They have literally nothing in inventory. They asked if I would drive to philly and I said yeah... the only 3 they have out there have damage reports on them that she says have been repaired but she doesn’t know what kind of damage it was... so I can’t really take a chance on that, nor do a want to 5 hours away sight unseen. She did say the model y is apparently only being produced for the USA right now and they’re not starting Europe deliveries until January? I didn’t know that. So maybe that’s good news that they’ll get another batch in soon. I’m so frustrated at this point that if I didn’t want the car so bad I’d probably just cancel my order.

What range was your VIN? Glad to hear build was good and hoping my pickup goes smoothly.

Azo - if it makes you feel better, I didn't have a trade in or financing to deal with so I'm guessing it was perfect timing with a white/white AWD being available. Good luck and I'm sure the car will be worth the wait!

damn you’re a lucky person. lol
True. I also didn't have a specific list of options or a trade and Tesla finance was already set up with a rate match (I just wrote a check for the difference). My SA sent me 3 pictures within minutes of my request and it looked good enough for me to drive the 2 hours to get it. Maybe you could try something similar? Let me know if you want my SA's contact info. I hope you get matched soon!

What range was your VIN? Glad to hear build was good and hoping my pickup goes smoothly.
486XX. It wasn't perfect, but I trust they'll make it better. I hope your pickup goes well!

So small glimmer of hope. In doing some research, Tesla isn't starting delivery of Model Y's to overseas until 2021. Looking back at Q2, this was also the case, so while they continued to produce and ship the S,3,X models overseas in the beginning of Q2 like they normally do, they were still shipping Model y's to USA during this time. At least that's what I've read. So hopefully that trend continues. Looking over the spreadsheet, it looks like some people did recieve Model Y's in early/mid July, which was the start of Q3. So I guess not all hope is lost of getting my car before December. I really don't want to try to enjoy a new car when its dark at 4pm and snowy/nasty outside.

Also...My SA is so inconsistent, which is what I believe part of the problem is. She finally responded to my email 7 days later after I had already spoken with another advisor from her location

LR, AWD, White, 20" Induction wheels, White interior, no tow, no FSD

Ordered 9/07
9/19 Completed drivers license info, financing info
9/20 Trade in valuation ready
These SA's are just looking to push sales. I was told initially i can take the car anytime in the next 2 weeks but then out of nowhere I'm told I need to take the car in September, which doesn't leave me enough time to get my financing ready. I wrote an angry email to my SA, her office and tesla NA sales asking to be assigned a different SA for lack of timely and transparent communication
Now the VIN has been unassigned and I'm waiting again

These SA's are just looking to push sales. I was told initially i can take the car anytime in the next 2 weeks but then out of nowhere I'm told I need to take the car in September, which doesn't leave me enough time to get my financing ready. I wrote an angry email to my SA, her office and tesla NA sales asking to be assigned a different SA for lack of timely and transparent communication
Now the VIN has been unassigned and I'm waiting again

When did this happen? I'm sorry, that sucks. So far my experience with communication has been pretty terrible as well. When I ask questions, my SA ends her answer with "we will reach out to you when a VIN is assigned." which to me sounds like she's telling me to stop reaching out and kindly wait for them to reach out to me... kinda rude.

When did this happen? I'm sorry, that sucks. So far my experience with communication has been pretty terrible as well. When I ask questions, my SA ends her answer with "we will reach out to you when a VIN is assigned." which to me sounds like she's telling me to stop reaching out and kindly wait for them to reach out to me... kinda rude.
Started on friday, ended on saturday. Emailed this morning

I called Devon this morning to confirm the delivery scheduled for tomorrow (half expecting it to get rescheduled since radio silence for some time) and they said I could pick it up this evening! Will report back on delivery experience and build quality. LR AWD, Gemini Wheels, White on White with tow hitch, will be adding EAP/FSD after pickup. Super excited and fingers crossed the car is in good order!

I called Devon this morning to confirm the delivery scheduled for tomorrow (half expecting it to get rescheduled since radio silence for some time) and they said I could pick it up this evening! Will report back on delivery experience and build quality. LR AWD, Gemini Wheels, White on White with tow hitch, will be adding EAP/FSD after pickup. Super excited and fingers crossed the car is in good order!
good luck! Post pictures if you can. If possible please let me have the name of your SA or any other SA if you've hear they are better so i can ask for them to be assigned to my order