Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade Price Change!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was and is flawless. zero problems. One Month old.
Maybe you didn't look closely. I bet I could find a several flaws in your car. Probably better that you don't have a keen eye. You'll be happier in ignorance.

I live in a neighborhood with about 10 Model 3. In my daily neighborhood walks, out of curiosity, I looked at all the Model 3s in my neighborhood. They all have flaws that other car manufacturers don't. Mostly uneven panel gaps, panel misalignments, and paint blemishes. I still have yet to find one with no flaws. I don't think they exist yet.

This manufacturing problem will most likely be fixed in a year or two.

Sometimes I think people are buying their M3's with the hopes of winning Pebble Beach instead of driving the piss out of them.

Maybe you didn't look closely. I bet I could find a several flaws in your car. Probably better that you don't have a keen eye. You'll be happier in ignorance.

I live in a neighborhood with about 10 Model 3. In my daily neighborhood walks, out of curiosity, I looked at all the Model 3s in my neighborhood. They all have flaws that other car manufacturers don't. Mostly uneven panel gaps, panel misalignments, and paint blemishes. I still have yet to find one with no flaws. I don't think they exist yet.

Mine was pretty defect free, although I spotted a paint 'lump' the other day while cleaning it. There are a couple of panel gaps that are not 'Audi perfect' but they're certainly not much worse than most American-made cars :D

What I will say is that they're incredibly quiet, no squeaks or rattles. So while there are cosmetic blemishes, they do appear to be better put together than many cars from established manufacturers.

Reactions: mcbarnet007
Mine was pretty defect free, although I spotted a paint 'lump' the other day while cleaning it. There are a couple of panel gaps that are not 'Audi perfect' but they're certainly not much worse than most American-made cars :D

What I will say is that they're incredibly quiet, no squeaks or rattles. So while there are cosmetic blemishes, they do appear to be better put together than many cars from established manufacturers.
I may not have the most keen eye, or be as worried about a perfect build as others, but after five weeks I still can't find any defects and my car looks as good as any other I have bought. Not saying others don't have issues, but I am quite pleased with the build quality of my P3D.

I may not have the most keen eye, or be as worried about a perfect build as others, but after five weeks I still can't find any defects and my car looks as good as any other I have bought. Not saying others don't have issues, but I am quite pleased with the build quality of my P3D.

A panel having 1mm more spacing that its opposite panel on the other side of the car, is not a 'defect' so I agree with you, and I have not found any defects either aside from the paint bump, which is just above the rear right light. I also have a P3D+

The only other thing I noticed is that the paint between the front doors and the front hood/nose cone is slightly paler than the rest of the car. i.e., it looks like it's a little thinner.

I think some people get a little bent-out-of-shape thinking their $75k car should be perfect, because it's a $75k car. Well, if you buy a $150k Aston Martin, it will have blemishes. Even some very exotic handmade cars, like Rolls Royce or the McLaren F1 will have little imperfections. Think of it as Vinyl Vs an MP3...

Reactions: whatthe2

Dude, that’s a *sugar* post and you know it man.

If you have that keen an eye you should be grading people’s diamonds instead of their mass market EV Camry.

I think the hysteria is way overboard on Tesla “quality”. It gets driven, not a baseball card or comic book you store in a perfect climate.

Response to my online inquiry.

Hi XXXX,

Thanks for reaching out. Currently, we don’t have additional information beyond Elon’s tweets. We will be providing additional information regarding the refund and Supercharging change shortly, and can notify you at that time. Have a great weekend.

Best,

M. R. | Executive Care
6800 Dumbarton Circle | Fremont, CA 94555

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155
Well, if you buy a $150k Aston Martin, it will have blemishes. Even some very exotic handmade cars, like Rolls Royce or the McLaren F1 will have little imperfections. Think of it as Vinyl Vs an MP3...

Often, the more exotic the car, the worse the issues get. Handmade sounds good in practice, but in the real car world, not so much.

Sure you do

upload_2018-11-5_17-35-11.png

• Informative
Reactions: TrumpetTitan
Often, the more exotic the car, the worse the issues get. Handmade sounds good in practice, but in the real car world, not so much.

Yep. The guy at the detail shop who did my PPF says the same thing. Exotics like Lambos, etc can come with terrible paint. When he tries to point it out to owners saying they need paint correction they will at times refuse to even look, saying things like "are you kidding? It's a Lambo!"

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Tifighter
I'm not worried. It will happen or we will be compensated in kind.
I would worry. The procedure is delay, then it is easier to offer nothing or something a lot less when tempers have cooled off. The more they wait to announce, the less will be offered since the pressure is diminishing. My bet is that they will not compensate anyone for anything unless their order time was really close or during to the price change.

Oh, how I wish I can look at your car. I would ruin your day. Its good that your happy though.

• Disagree
Reactions: 2much3time