Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pics of people taking pics of Roadsters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I was having lunch at an outdoor cafe...

Still love the mesh top.

IMG_0596.jpg

Everywhere I went in Italy people were asking about the Roadster, taking pictures of it or generally giving signs of appreciation. Amazing how many people still do not know what it is or even have not heard of Tesla. At one point it was out the front of a restaurant and clients were taking their pictures with it on the way or way out while I was watching amused from inside. I lost count of the number of times I heard "Bella macchina". One guy asked me if it was a Lamborghini.

On the way back through Switzerland there was a coach load of Indian tourists at a motorway service area. I came back out to find them all taking pictures of it or standing around having their photo taken.

But the best one was in Maranello (home of Ferrari). I parked it across the street from their factory to charge and also in the parking for the Ferrari museum. There were plenty of Ferraris around, but people wanted pictures of the Roadster.

Tesla needs to realise that the car is still a head turner and still a halo car for the brand, not the 'disaster' that was reported a couple of years ago.

upload_2018-10-5_9-41-5.png

upload_2018-10-3_14-42-32.png

upload_2018-10-3_14-48-25.png

upload_2018-10-3_14-51-23.png

upload_2018-10-3_15-8-0.png

Last edited:
So those Roadster taking pictures of people taking pictures of the Roadster taking pictures were taken in the charging bay at the service area of St Gotthard Pass, perhaps the most famous mountain pass in Europe, and @MountainPass comments on them.

Has this thread gone completely meta now?

:D:D:D It couldn't possibly be more meta at this point

As I was still some distance away while returning to my car in the Hearst Castle parking lot, I spotted a guy snapping a few shots. Sorry for the low resolution. This encounter led to a bit of Tesla Time with this photographer and also a couple of interested women who wandered by.
hearst-castle.jpg

Reactions: Roadster