Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not FSD related but it is a tweet from Elon.

This makes no sense to me. Republicans are generally very anti-renewable energy and anti-EV. Republicans support more fossil fuel production and less renewable energy. Their energy policies are opposite to Elon's agenda of renewable energy and sustainable transportation.

Also, why advertise this? it will just invite criticism. It seems he wants to play the victim because when he inevitably does get criticized, he will cry "I told you so! The libs are attacking me!"
Up until now I had been assuming his apparent rightward political shift was in large measure a marketing ploy to expand Tesla’s customer base to conservatives who have tended to be resistant to EVs, climate science, and solar.

However, this latest tweet is so unnecessarily over-the-top that it’s hard to square with just being a marketing play.

Reactions: edseloh

This makes no sense to me. Republicans are generally very anti-renewable energy and anti-EV. Republicans support more fossil fuel production and less renewable energy. Their energy policies are opposite to Elon's agenda of renewable energy and sustainable transportation.

Also, why advertise this? it will just invite criticism. It seems he wants to play the victim because when he inevitably does get criticized, he will cry "I told you so! The libs are attacking me!"
Unfortunately Musk like most of us only sees what effects him most directly. So the actions of few directed towards him dictate his entire perception of the entire system. It is all about what he sees as happing to him personally and not the world at large. I believe he has bought into the conspiracy theory (strange someone so intelligent seems to fall for them) that Tweeter discriminates against the right and he intends to "correct" this. Right now he seems to be Tesla short's best weapon as TSLA tanks and severely underperforms the market. Also TESLA was dropped from S&P 500ESG Index today in large part because of his antics.

Unfortunately his no hole's barred, say what's on your mind attitude suits a scrapping, needing to grow compony much better than a mature industry leading compony. It would probobly benefit Tesla if he could find a Shotwell type to take over CEO and he could be creative director or head engineer. Hell he even said he hates the day to day operation like labor and finances that CEOs have to deal with.

Last edited:
And Hunter Biden’s laptop, BTW, is completely unimportant whether the media covered it or not.
There is zero there showing any corruption tied to his father.
Hunter is a braying, addiction-addled jackass trading on the family name. So what?
Zero evidence of corruption to his father? Who says? The same "intelligence experts" and Twitter 20 year old's who all said the laptop was fake Russian disinformation back in 2020?

One of Hunter's business partners (Tony Bobulinski) has come out publicly to confirm the emails and that Hunter's statement about "10% for the big guy" is about Joe Biden's cut on the deals Hunter was making with foreign countries.

I don't think some people realize how much credibility and trust has been lost because the corruption of Twitter and our Media.

Up until now I had been assuming his apparent rightward political shift was in large measure a marketing ploy to expand Tesla’s customer base to conservatives who have tended to be resistant to EVs, climate science, and solar.

However, this latest tweet is so unnecessarily over-the-top that it’s hard to square with just being a marketing play.
I don't see that it should change anything:
- If you can see that Republicans are going to take Congress, you want them on your side.
- If your terrible customer service loses repeat business from previous customers, and there's increasing competition, why not try to appeal to a new customer base and use their rhetoric to get them to overlook the weaknesses of your product and buy it?

Reactions: Terminator857

Disagree that Republicans are anti-EV; in fact, many Republicans in California drive Teslas. (But it would be fair to say that they are anti-EV subsidies.)

Agree that advertising his political leanings invites criticism.

Disagree that Republicans are anti-EV; in fact, many Republicans in California drive Teslas. (But it would be fair to say that they are anti-EV subsidies.)

Republicans in Cali may drive Teslas because Cali is a liberal State, home to Teslas. Republicans in Cali tend to be more liberal, I think. But listen to conservative Republicans, in places like Texas or the South and they ridicule EVs. They are against adding EV charging stations. Their position is that we should drill more oil to bring gas prices down because they think gas cars are just fine. Listen to Trump, Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson, who have the ear of most Republican voters and they lampoon EVs all the time.

Republicans in Cali may drive Teslas because Cali is a liberal State, home to Teslas. Republicans in Cali tend to be more liberal, I think. But listen to conservative Republicans, in places like Texas or the South and they ridicule EVs. They are against adding EV charging stations. Their position is that we should drill more oil to bring gas prices down because they think gas cars are just fine. Listen to Trump, Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson, who have the ear of most Republican voters and they lampoon EVs all the time.
I believe most Republicans have an all-of-the-above energy policy, so yes, it includes drilling adn producing more oil and gas. That does not mean they are anti-EV.

btw: Hannity loves his Hybrid SUV, and has praised Elon in the past. Not sure if Hannity has a position on EV's such as Teslas. Hannity has criticized the Administration's regulatory focus on EVs, but that is not the same as disliking the cars themselves. (One can be in favor of fuel efficient cars, including EVs, but not support of government mandates/subsidies to purchase them.)

Mission for Tesla maybe but not his life mission. Sorry but the people that are butt hurt he bought Twitter and using “how does this help with green energy” are just reaching. Again let me remind you he is a businessman. He is not some elected official that is in charge of one thing like moving the country to be more green.
If he were a politician Tesla vehicles would have a range of 35 miles and cost $180k for the cheapest model
of course $50 k of that would be subsidized so ,” Great job!”

Zero evidence of corruption to his father? Who says? The same "intelligence experts" and Twitter 20 year old's who all said the laptop was fake Russian disinformation back in 2020?

One of Hunter's business partners (Tony Bobulinski) has come out publicly to confirm the emails and that Hunter's statement about "10% for the big guy" is about Joe Biden's cut on the deals Hunter was making with foreign countries.

I don't think some people realize how much credibility and trust has been lost because the corruption of Twitter and our Media.
Post is reliable source of exactly zero. And there is zero evidence of anything but Hunter Biden running his mouth, which he’s expert at. This is close on Qanon level silliness.

Post is reliable source of exactly zero. And there is zero evidence of anything but Hunter Biden running his mouth, which he’s expert at. This is close on Qanon level silliness.

The FBI (who by the way are majority Democrat staffed) don't open formal investigations on "silliness". They have to have probable cause to get that warrant signed off. And it was the Biden-appointed Attorney General of the DOJ that authorized the opening of the investigation. All signs point to this is not a "nothingburger".

• Disagree
Reactions: advocate8
The FBI (who by the way are majority Democrat staffed) don't open formal investigations on "silliness". They have to have probable cause to get that warrant signed off. And it was the Biden-appointed Attorney General of the DOJ that authorized the opening of the investigation. All signs point to this is not a "nothingburger".
All signs point to Hunter getting his butt in a sling. Nothing more.
And while I’m at it, since you keep downvoting me again and again and responding and posting in ways that aren’t informational, helpful or enlightening, I’m going to put you on ignore. Thanks!

Was Musk just having a bad day when he denounced the Dem party? We have entered the Alice in Wonderland phase...
Doesn't matter if he was having a bad day or not. His continual antics have driven down the stock price for Tesla shareholders. That flies directly into the face of something a CEO should not do. If he is having a bad day then that should be kept private.

Status
Not open for further replies.