Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody, we need to wake up, stop watching the Fake news, take back our freedom to live and work together now!

Which fake news is that? Faux News? OANN? Gotta be more specific here... Take back our freedom to live? LOL... The virus doesn't care about your freedom to live and if you happen to have a severe case of it, you might just find out how little it really cares about that...

Jeff

Define "follow our constitution". Promote the 2nd ammendment? Too bad we can't get the bozo occupying the White House and his cult of sycophants to follow the constitution.
Promote every amendment would be great, don't you agree? The Bozo in the WH that did not follow the constitution left about 3 years ago. It looks like someone has not kept up with their politics the last few years (weeks for those who have been drinking the koolaid). Here is a little bit of the recent news you missed

“What happened to the president in 2016 election and throughout the first two years of his administration was abhorrent,” Barr said, adding that “it was a grave injustice and it was unprecedented.”

“We saw two different standards of justice emerge. ... One that applied to Trump and his associates, and another that applied to everyone else,” Barr said.

“The Durham investigation is trying to get to the bottom of what happened,” Barr continued, adding that it will “determine if there were any federal laws broken, and if there were, those who broke the laws will be held to account.”

USAG BIll Barr

We all know laws were broken.

• Disagree
Reactions: bxr140
Is anyone besides me (An east coast of Florida resident) concernEd about that big-ass parachute just dropping in the sea to become more ocean trash and possibly trapping marine life? Seems like with all their engineering know-how they could capture the parachute too. Maybe they do; the video clip doesn’t really say.

I might be presuming too much but this seems like typical Liberal ALARMISM.

I lived in FL, Miami and Tampa, for many years. Liberals love at attack those that are productive because most of them don’t know how. The planet has been around for BILLIONS of years, is still here and will still be here long after we’re dust.

The MAN-MADE Climate Change HOAX has them up in arms. BTW, I believe in Climates change since climates change (they had to change the name from Global Warming when temps started to fall too as the fluctuation of up AND DOWN was inevitable and “Global Warmists” were befuddled to explain it to the SHEEPLE), just not that man is having any significant impact.

Oh look, I opened the faucet and water is coming out! The Ice Caps must be melting. IDIOTS.

What the ALARMISTS and their Propaganda allies(read Fake/MSM News) as well as the stats repeaters don’t want you to know is that LONG BEGORE MAN, Earth has a LOT more CO2 in the atmosphere, it was MUCH hotter AND the Earth is still here.

Look up Snowball Earth, the Solar Cycle(s), the 41,000 and 26,000 year cycles and a REAL (more than 1,000-year) CO2/temp chart for reality and don’t let the HOAXers show you a small 1,000 year chart to support their idiocy.

Yeah, let’s ruin BILLIONS of dollars worth of economic flow for a LESS THAN 1-degree offset to a minor temperature change. The Earth has been 12*C hotter than it is today in the past and man and his factories and cars weren’t around 400Million-1Billion years ago.

There are loads of Climate factors the HOAXers don’t want you to research. Just look at all their predictions from the 80s-90s-2000s (like the sign quietly removed in Yellowstone) that haven’t come true. They just hope their predictions are SO far into the future that their SHEEPLE won’t remember by the time they DON’T actualize.

And by the way, BY DEFINITION, there’s NO such thing as SETTLED Science. Science only has theories until they learn that shows that their previously accepted theory was TRASH when they learn something NEW that they didn’t “know” yesterday. For Centuries Science thought the Earth was a flat disc and that you could fall off the edge.

it’s great to be “concerned”. Just try to keep it real, don’t buy ALL the Propaganda used to keep us from thinking about solutions to REAL problems and work together, rather than finger pointing (which rarely offers any real solutions).

Peace.

• Funny
Reactions: JRP3 and bxr140
Although it looks like if they are going to ship it out of the state to sell it, the closest place is Nuevo Laredo, Mexico. Trump will love all that border crossing in bulletproof trucks.

Tr#mp will be irrelevant by the time CT ships.

A few years ago I helped a friend pick out an engagement ring. To circumvent the sales tax, they asked if he had a friend that lived out of state. His fiancé got the ring, and his mom got shipped an empty box. Boom, instant tax deduction.

Tr#mp will be irrelevant by the time CT ships.

A few years ago I helped a friend pick out an engagement ring. To circumvent the sales tax, they asked if he had a friend that lived out of state. His fiancé got the ring, and his mom got shipped an empty box. Boom, instant tax deduction.
I know Elon is famous for over promising but I do believe the CT will start delivering in 2021, 2022 at the latest. Trump is in until 2024.

I voted for Bernie in the 2016 primary. But he's nobody to me now. He's a slobby, bloviating communist who hates it when smart people work hard and actually succeed and do great things. He isn't a logical or coherent thinker. And his army of minions are the same. They aren't people who like math and science. They probably all majored in some amorphous social science or journalism.

Note, please remember I'm not American so apologies for any inaccuracies...

I was a supporter of Bernie Sanders in the 2016 primaries and was disappointed he didn't make it to the 2016 ticket, nor the 2020 ticket. I thought his views and policies were great. Remember in most other developed countries, universal healthcare is just a give and not a controversial thing.

Until the last couple of weeks when he's jumped on the anti-Musk circlejerk. There are other billionaires out there who's names we don't even recognise, because they just sit around their mansions sipping champagne and playing in their piles of cash (probably). Musk (and to a lesser degree, Bezos) actually carry out newsworthy achievements with their money which is why they become the target - people know who they are.

Developing a Mars colony and Mars transport system should really be a UN or at least inter-governmental funded task. Musk is only doing it because those who should be doing it, aren't.

Although I haven't agreed with everything in his platform I have been a Sanders supporter for the past two primaries in part because of his positions on climate change and universal health care. I also thought he had more integrity than other politicians (granted the bar is very low).

Among its many other flaws, Bernie's proposed billionaire tax only targets gains this year. Sanders, Colleagues Introduce Tax on Billionaire Wealth Gains to Provide Health Care for All Fossil fuel stocks have been hammered during the covid pandemic while clean energy stocks have flourished, so his idiotic legislation would largely exempt the wealth of fossil fuel barons like Charles Koch who have built their fortunes at the expense of the rest of humanity over the past decades, as they funded climate change denial and corrupted our political system, while grabbing 60% of the gains of billionaires who have been doing the right thing and building or investing in clean energy and transportation.

This legislation is the worst kind of political grandstanding. Very disappointing from someone I thought had more integrity than most politicians.

Last edited:
I voted for Bernie in the 2016 primary. But he's nobody to me now. He's a slobby, bloviating communist who hates it when smart people work hard and actually succeed and do great things. He isn't a logical or coherent thinker. And his army of minions are the same. They aren't people who like math and science. They probably all majored in some amorphous social science or journalism.
Yeah, nothing more useless than social justice.

Is there no politics thread you could put your random nonsense in?

• Disagree
Reactions: dqd88
Status
Not open for further replies.