Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I'd really love to have an idea of when Green act or Infrastructure bill will pass. Given the tendency of the wheels of government to grind slowly, I'd be surprised if anything happens before the end of the year. I am ready to order a Model Y today, but I worry that I'm going to feel like a fool if I take delivery and then 2 months later the car is suddenly $7.5k cheaper due to the rebate. What are people hearing about the timing of one of these bills passing? And from everything I've heard, neither will be retroactive, so you need to wait until something is signed.
…Biden may not finish his coloring book by then, and Harris ….well, she is just a &$##@……so get it now!……

Although I would go with something that specifically triggers whatever the lefties are easily offended about at the moment.
Since you suggested.....
trump_pothole.jpg

Last edited:
one thing the last few years taught me - americans, as a whole, are much dumber than we thought. just look at the pandemic and how we have people actively working against their own best interests.

betting on users to 'do the right thing' often backfires. just saying.
I hate that you brought the pandemic into this. I have my own views which do not matter, but your assertion does bother me. I can clearly see why some people would want to get vaccinated while others don't trust the vaccines because they weren't tested and proven like the ones preceding. I get both sides and no one has the answer. Time will tell, but for now keep your humble for the chance of being wrong.

Now that you opened the door to a sensitive point, allow me to bring another. Cars when used wrong can kill. Guns when used wrong can kill.
The USA has the largest civilian arsenal in the world, both in absolute and relative numbers. Second place in vehicles (absolute), or fifth (relative).

Now this is where it gets tricky:

Rank by whatever you want, the USA pulls the average lower. Not the bar, the deaths. It's hard to give you exact numbers here because Wikipedia sorts but doesn't rank and I don't want to count rows for so many possible combinations, but explore for yourself.

Guns:

1626462648012.png

Source

This has tons of interpretations, most being valid. I prefer to deduct suicide from the total, bringing the USA to ~5 total deaths. Homicide and Unintentional are the main numbers here. God knows what's inside Undetermined. But I think we all know that Venezuela isn't a very much free country so you can imagine. Not sure about Jamaica, which is an outlying number I haven't expected. Also I can speak for Brazil. Crime declined since 2017 because the gun ban was lifted.

Anyways, if the US has 5 deaths, that would bring us from 9th to somewhere between 18th and 20th (the higher the worst). With (if I'm not mistaken) ALL of the countries above having gun bans in place, and some of the countries below having no access to guns at all.

So my interpretation is that we overall can be trusted to do the right thing. There's stuff to learn, yes, but we're doing really good and should continue to do what we're doing and being a role model.

You arguing is very emotional and fails to present data. It's easy to fall for, but just as easy to dismiss. Just takes a little effort.

I lived in LA for 7 years before moving to NorCal for a job but I got fed up with this state and I’m moving next week back to TX
As you should. Haha. I grew up there. Spent 25ish years of my life there. Lived in Boston and Atlanta. I'd never move back to CA if they paid me. Now they wanna charge you to leave. Lol

For me the thought of spending a lot of money on obsolete (ICE) technology is impossible to reconcile. Spewing more CO2 into the air as I try to enjoy a new car just won't happen again for me. Yes, a Tesla is a 4 wheeled Windows computer and you have to live with occasional bugs, but it does do so many things better.
Virtue signalling about climate and CO2 only matters if you're convinced that 'climate change' is an existential issue.
Climate change is political paranoid propaganda. 50 years from now. weather forecasts will be the same as next week's forecast - WRONG. I believe in human adaptation.
'Better' is a point of view. Cases can be made for both ICE and BEV......and hydrogen Fuel Cells, and Hybrid, and so on. ICE is far from obsolete.

For me the thought of spending a lot of money on obsolete (ICE) technology is impossible to reconcile. Spewing more CO2 into the air as I try to enjoy a new car just won't happen again for me. Yes, a Tesla is a 4 wheeled Windows computer and you have to live with occasional bugs, but it does do so many things better.
where do you think you get electricity for your battery charging? Fossil fuels (coal, petroleum, and natural gas) account for 79% of US energy consumption. nuclear and renewable sources account for 21%.
42% of US renewable and nuclear energy consumption is from nuclear sources, followed by 23% from biomass like wood and biofuels.

where do you think you get electricity for your battery charging? Fossil fuels (coal, petroleum, and natural gas) account for 79% of US energy consumption. nuclear and renewable sources account for 21%.
42% of US renewable and nuclear energy consumption is from nuclear sources, followed by 23% from biomass like wood and biofuels.
Remember, because everyone says it, it MUST be true. So say the parrots.
Why think for yourself when you can just repeat what everyone else is saying?
A generation....lost.

• Disagree
Reactions: rxlawdude
Status
Not open for further replies.