Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked on the nuclear fusion reactor for General Atomics in San Diego.

Where the fk were you?

EDIT - Oh wait, you were busy stealing everybodies rabbit guns and letting radicals shoot the place up while starving the native Aussies. You are excused. I'm sorry.
And here I was thinking you were sitting in a rocking chair on a porch somewhere, shotgun in one hand, while yelling at some passing cloud....

• Funny
Reactions: JRP3
I apologize for my tasteless posts. I have good friends who are Aussies and Kiwis. I was just having some fun and Guinness.

PS - I did work for General Atomics back when I worked with Hughes and the EV1. Before I discovered Guinness. :D

Wall Street Journal is a conservative paper.
Conservatives identify with denial of global warming.
Electric cars are a threat to the ideology of fossil fuels & global warming denial.
Hence anything that can be attacked will be attacked.

FYI, Conservatives have lower IQ than Progressives, on average
SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research
You are annoying some of the natives.
They hate it when they are pulled away from enjoying a pet conspiracy theory. Or three.

I am sympathetic to your cause but I doubt the utility in this thread.
This is a pretty apt article
Getting a scientific message across means taking human nature into account

I particularly like this statement:
Regardless of your religious affiliation, imagine that you’ve always learned that God created human beings just as we are today. Your parents, teachers and books all told you so. You’ve also noticed throughout your life that science is pretty useful – you especially love heating up a frozen dinner in the microwave while browsing Snapchat on your iPhone.

One day you read that scientists have evidence for human evolution. You feel uncomfortable: Were your parents, teachers and books wrong about where people originally came from? Are these scientists wrong? You experience cognitive dissonance – the uneasiness that results from entertaining two conflicting ideas.
:D:D:D:rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: JRP3
Ignoring the fact that there are other, far more important aspects of journalism, the NY Times for years has been stating opinions and biases as facts.

The fact that you used the New York Times as an example of distorted journalism tells me all that I need to know about you.

In this case, it's pretty obvious what's fact and what's speculation, so no semi-intelligent reader would be fooled.

I wasn't fooled but that's not the point. You seem to think journalism is a game of "find the facts vs. speculation" and have no problem with that. I have a major problem with that.

... so no semi-intelligent reader would be fooled.

And Trump could never fool people into becoming President.

Since this is a Tesla board, I imagine there are substantial numbers of liberals who peruse this. I'm interested in your opinion, since I feel most of you who have a Tesla are educated and intelligent.

My question is, are you liberals buying the one-track coverage from CNN etc. regarding the last 2 days of ignoring all other "important" news and focusing on this Trump is white supremacist monologue? It seems like the main stream media has sunk their teeth into this now that the Russia collusion scandal is on the back burner. They are basically suggesting that Trump has committed the most heinous act in NOT unilaterally siding with the anti-protestors, and that there is no recovering from this for him.

Should we really believe that the leftist anti-protestors were completely innocent in any of the violence that day? Is it really wrong to point out what is obvious to anyone that has seen two groups of people fighting?

Is violence justified against those with ideas we disagree with, such as KKK and Nazis, even if they are simply exercising their right to free speech (non-violent yet still disturbing)?

Do you think statues of generals and historical political figures (Robert E. Lee) should be taken down since they might offend some people?

I know this will stir up a nest of hornets but here is what the media is not telling you
Written by Mike King

“I am a citizen of Charlottesville and yesterday was a horrible day for my city. The news outlets have it all wrong. This whole march was started by the city’s vice mayor and the city council. The vice mayor who is a racist black man {Google, Wes Bellamy and read his hate statements towards white people and women}, who decided to try to make a name for himself by removing a historical statue of Robert E Lee. He wants to erase history. After the citizens of Charlottesville voiced their opinion that the statue should stay, Wes Bellamy kept pushing the issue. These are the facts. This has nothing to do with Trump. Wes Bellamy and the city council brought this mess upon our city. Race relations here have been set back 60 years. BLM is to the black community as the KKK is to the white community. Hate is what it is. Hate has no color, hate has no political belief. There is hate on both sides, yesterday proved that,” signed, Mike King, Charlottesville resident.

P.S. I copied this to show how wrong people AND mainstream media, can be. President Trump had NOTHING to do with this “protest” NOTHING. So, quit blaming everything on him! Place the blame where it belongs: on Wes Bellamy!

The outright racist deputy mayor of Charlottesville, Wes Bellamy, was given a free pass for a series of profanity laden tweets decrying white people.

Any honest liberal would be forced to admit that the violence promoted by ANTIFA and BLM {both domestic terror groups, established by and financed by George Soros} have NO place in our Constitutional Republic. Both hate groups descended on Charlottesville armed with bricks and bats looking for a fight. Political violence is never justifiable under ANY circumstances.

Many prominent liberals are outright racists themselves, including the deputy mayor of Charlottesville. In a series of tweets from 2011 and later, Wes Bellamy wrote, “White women = Devil,” “I hate seeing white people in Orangeberg,” and many other of his blatantly racist sentiments. This begs the question: How does a racist moron like that become deputy mayor?

However, when CNN discussed the racist tweets with Bellamy, they gave HIM a free pass, forgiving his vile statements BEFORE he even addressed them. Why didn’t Jim Acosta have something to say about THAT?

I would also like to know why the Charlottesville PD simply stood by and did NOTHING. Yet the idiots reporting on this fiasco were mighty quick to lay the blame on the President! In my opinion the blame belongs squarely on Wes Bellamy, the mayor’s office and the police department ordered to stand down. Had they done their jobs the deaths of three innocent Americans would have been prevented. Let’s place the blame right where it belongs. Charlottesville had better prepare itself for a huge lawsuit.

News often ignores magnitude.

In a nation of over 320 million people, this was the BEST story of civil destruction of the USA they could come up with?

Nearly 200 young people are dying a DAY right now from drug overdoses, nearly all illegal drugs.

It will be well over 70,000 deaths this year most likely. This will probably exceed all forms of auto and gun deaths combined in 2017.

Or 3 people are killed in a public political demonstration run amok is the real problem.

Legalizing drugs appears to be having an undesirable side effect, but it's endorsed by the DNC.

And? To make it worse, minorities are largely the victims of drug deaths, and a good number of firearm deaths and auto deaths are tied into drugs as well. So the real body count is far over 100,000 young people a year due to drugs. The 'victimless' vice of the New Left.

But hey, let's focus as a nation about the Civil War and try to abolish that it happened. That will save lives, right?

Take your nonsense elsewhere, this is an electric car message board

Love how *some* liberals can't even put together a logical argument, and like the Taliban or ISIS would simply squash any intelligent discussion. Then they go around destroying historical statues that offend them, again like the Taliban taking down Buddha.

Per my liberal close friends, hate speech should be banned, and violence to stop hate speech is justified. I disagree with this. All speech, no matter how horrible or offensive, should be allowed as long as it is only speech and not acts of violence.

More on Camry Vs. Model 3 just to add some facts and ask some questions

1. The 2018 Camry SE comes with 18 inch alloy wheels standard
2. Toyota safety sense is very appealing to many buyers. Does the model 3 give you any safety features standard without purchasing the 5k base auto pilot package? I'm guessing Tesla will enable the base safety features without purchasing the 5k package?
3. The Toyota dealer near me has a 2018 Camry Se listed for 25,113. I believe the SE is the most comparable trim level to the base Model
4. I see a compelling argument for the base 3 vs the Camry only if you will receive the federal tax credit bringing your base 3 cost down to 27,500
5. The 27,500 price for a 3 would take you roughly 50,000 miles of driving to break even with fuel cost on Camry excluding oil changes

With this in mind I will still likely buy the 3 but only the base model- with those hideous aero wheels. Why? Because I will likely receive the tax credit and it will effectively knock off 21% of my purchase price.
Do you typically vote Republican?

• Funny
Reactions: WhiskySTL and Runt8
Status
Not open for further replies.