Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, there are no “real” Republicans in Northern California. Unless you live in like Modoc county or Sierra gold country like I do. You know, ‘Murcia.

Marin county white people looking for tax relief don’t count. ;)

(please don’t take this post too seriously)
AEF14F8A-2BDD-4208-A97E-0A4509B65CC0.gif

I’m not too far from you, placer county. But yeah here in the Roseville area I’m definitely in the minority

Ignoring the politics side of it, I think its bad for the company from the personnel standpoint - you don't recruit and retain the best and hardest working people when you show disdain for their health and welfare. Then threatening to leave California essentially means firing all the California staff as "collateral damage" in a corporate hissy fit. Again, not the way you recruit and retain the best...

Last edited:
To Texas? Nobody is that good - certainly not Tesla.
Elon hasn't really done a great job at retention.
The similarities with Trump are nearly all Narcissistic personality disorder. Many successful people have it - particularly in politics.
While I certainly wouldn't sell my car because of problems, I would think twice about buying another. And I would think twice about recommending that someone buy one.
In the early days, many of us partly bought to support the cause. The cause is now supporting someone who doesn't deserve it (and potentially puts the health of his workers at such a low value) . So I do think his behavior is material. And the more I learn about his behavior, the less I would like to support it.
Alternatives? Right - a problem. Just keep my car forever and learn to DIY things.
He whines about CA when Tesla would not exist without CARB rules giving him early support.

I wonder what would happen if Trump said people should not jump off of tall bridges. How many people would jump just to disagree with him on principle? Elon is absolutely correct about the closed-minded people. What I find most interesting is that there seem to be a lot more such closed minded people on the left than the right. I always thought the left was more open minded and better educated, I guess times are changing.

The physical job workforce is at low risk for this provided they don't live 12 to a house.

Georgia is not spiking, WI didn't burn when we had in person voting.

Much of the doom and gloom is typical leftist fear mongering. Sort of like how they have been telling us we only have 10 years to save the planet for the last 30 years.

There are absolutely portions of the population that need to be sheltered while we work on treatments and vaccines, the 20-50yo folks on the factory floor are not those groups. Individuals in those groups at particular risk due pre-existing conditions should be given the chance to continue to isolate.

Collapse our economy to third world status and we will start burning more coal and such. Our evil Capitalism is what allows us to develop most medical advances and clean technologies.

I wonder what would happen if Trump said people should not jump off of tall bridges. How many people would jump just to disagree with him on principle?

no, this is how it goes:

1) trump says something
2) smart people ignore 100% of any 'advice' given by trump or his people

its funny you think his detractors want to do the opposite. instead, we mostly just want him gone, so that the damage can be repaired and america can start to heal again.

he created more division in this country than all the bushes and nixon, combined. he put us at each other's throats and he laughs the whole time.

he's not worth admiration. if you think this is good behavior, your momma didn't raise you right.

What I find most interesting is that there seem to be a lot more such closed minded people on the left than the right. I always thought the left was more open minded and better educated, I guess times are changing.

Look no further than Trump's approval ratings through his presidency to see how locked in close minded people are on both sides. Absolute roller coaster in DC, but his approval ratings through it all were flat, varying only within statistical bounds. Aided by the polarized media and echo chambers in social media. It's becoming really lonely as a moderate.

no, this is how it goes:

1) trump says something
2) smart people ignore 100% of any 'advice' given by trump or his people

its funny you think his detractors want to do the opposite. instead, we mostly just want him gone, so that the damage can be repaired and america can start to heal again.

he created more division in this country than all the bushes and nixon, combined. he put us at each other's throats and he laughs the whole time.

he's not worth admiration. if you think this is good behavior, your momma didn't raise you right.

I'm a Democrat through and through and even to me you sound ridiculous. You cannot possibly disagree with Trump 100% of the time honestly.

he created more division in this country than all the bushes and nixon,
You're talking about Obama right?

I am no longer surprised at the hysterics after Trump says ANYTHING. Many outlets spoke about Hydroxychloroquine as a possible helpful drug until Trump mentioned it. We know what happened then. Our world is so partisan now, common sense left the building. (Started long before Trump) Many Liberal minded like to call Trump an intellectual lightweight. This so-called imbecile built a very large empire world-wide. Closed minds Elon said?

I ignore him 100%, I actively avoid seeing/hearing him speak.

lets see, a third rate game show host that was a failed businessman and who says any old thing that comes to mind, even if its likely to cause lots of harm?

yeah, I hang on his every words.

*(rolls eyes)*
The third rate failed businessesman managed to fly around the world is a commercial jet customized for him. A failure can't afford that, owning and flying something like that is tens of millions a year easily.

The "game show host" was a result of his success not the source of it. Calling him a failed businessesman and game show host is intellectually dishonest and meant to distract from any honest conversation about his success and failures.

Obama was a community organizer who did nothing as a Senator

The third rate failed businessesman managed to fly around the world is a commercial jet customized for him. A failure can't afford that, owning and flying something like that is tens of millions a year easily.
Whole lotta fsckups born into unimaginable multi-generational wealth. Happens all the time.

Turning a large pile of money into a smaller one while exploiting a playing field severely tilted in your favor is not “building a very large empire worldwide” or any other measure of delusional conservative capitalist success. Had Donny just put daddy’s money in an S&P 500 index fund he’d be a real billionaire now instead of playing one on TV. ;)

Last edited:

The "game show host" was a result of his success not the source of it. Calling him a failed businessesman and game show host is intellectually dishonest and meant to distract from any honest conversation about his success and failures.

Obama was a community organizer who did nothing as a Senator

You do Realize that everything Trump has was inherited $350Million + from his dad. and 3 years in we still don't know who he owes money too cause he said he would release his taxes but then went back on that along with his 18,000+ confirmed lies. LINK

And At least Obama was self made and became senator, Released his taxes and then became president.

You're talking about Obama right?

I am no longer surprised at the hysterics after Trump says ANYTHING. Many outlets spoke about Hydroxychloroquine as a possible helpful drug until Trump mentioned it. We know what happened then. Our world is so partisan now, common sense left the building. (Started long before Trump) Many Liberal minded like to call Trump an intellectual lightweight. This so-called imbecile built a very large empire world-wide. Closed minds Elon said?
I am frankly sick of the lying and self-centeredness of this administration. I don't view Trump through a partisan lens as I could care less about the other party. Democrats have other issues. I am more interested in integrity, something this administration is lacking.

Every day the media says "Trump lies"! w/o giving an example. I prefer to make up my own mind with better sources. Is he perfect? far from it. But man, his policies are my policies! I agree with maybe 85% of his policies and am happy to see someone with the balls to implement them.

Your have to have your head in the sand if you cant find the examples.

LINK

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.