Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll - 14 day EAP trial!

If you have received your EAP trial, based upon the trial have you (for the car)

• decided to buy FSD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • decided to buy EAP - I was planning to anyway

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • decided to buy EAP - I was not planning to but liked what I saw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • decided not to buy EAP - I was planning to but found it not to my liking

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • decided not to buy EAP - I wasn't planning to anyway

Votes: 82 52.2%
  • not made up my mind yet

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • previously purchased EAP or FSD

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • not been offered the trial

Votes: 35 22.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t have it either on my lease M3SR+. I guess as we can’t subscribe to the FSD anyway there is no point in tempting us.
You can buy the upgrades on a leased car Tesla Service Centre with a credit card. I did it for the rear heated seats on my SR+ and they told me they can do the same for FSD.

by the way it hasn’t appeared on mine either though.

• Informative
Reactions: Cloggie
Fingers crossed I get a trial. Would really like to give it a shot to answer some questions. Suspect I'll also struggle to say no tho... Not bothered about FSD, but EAP does tempt me.

My assumption is that the EAP offer will disappear, go up in price or become lease only on the 31st, but maybe not?

I got it today m3 sr+ purchased march 2020.
Bit underwhelmed some far.
Summon feature only works if you're standing right next to the car.
The parking feature is too slow, you end up looking like you can't drive, and I can't get the navigation to work yet, must only work on motorways.

shows in your account too

Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 19.22.33.png

I’ve just been for a trial on the M3 and M25 and its a No from me - I’m not prepared to spend that much money based on what I’ve just experienced (and the potential enhancements that may come in future).

Other threads have covered the strengths and weaknesses better than I can so I won’t try.

I’m glad I’ve been able to try it and will again before the month is out but current weaknesses are too significant for me.

Reactions: Paulmac999
Do purchasers of EAP/FSD in the UK get the 'Mad Max' option on the Model 3? I thought that was a North America thing?

I have the toggle in NoA settings for it, not actually tried to activate it yet.

I don't see why they wouldn't. It doesn't change anything about how it makes lane changes. It only changes when it wants to make a lane change. (How much slower the car in front can be before it triggers a lane change. With "Mad Max" tolerating the least amount of slow down from the TACC set speed.)

Reactions: Medved_77
Got it, tried it, nope. Summon only moved the car about 9" backwards out of my parking spot before aborting, after a few tries. Smart summon turned the wheels but didn't actaully move at all. And NoA had a fit on the M8 and decided at the last second to sail past the exit for the Superchargers I was aiming for.

And now I've got "Parking Assist Unavailable" too. Hmmm.

• Funny
Reactions: tess19