Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: 3 years from now, would you rather pay for $20K for FSD or $20K for Tesla Bot?

3 years from now, would you rather pay for $20K for FSD or $20K for Tesla Bot?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Terminator857

Aug 5, 2019
Ca
Elon said yesterday he expects the Bot be available for home purchase in 3+ years for about $20K. Think about how much is paid for house cleaning. Hopefully the bot will take over a significant amount of that duty. Although I'm sure Elon will promise it does long before it actually does.
Previous poll on this topic: Goof off poll: Which will come first: FSD or A.I. Bot in your home?

Elon did not promise a $20k robot. Said he hopes to make them available for around that price.
Thats they key with him. You nailed it. "did not promise". Whenever he says anything about any timeline...have to do like the engineers on this board have said. Double whatever timeline he says, then add 5 more to that. According to someone on here, thats how engineers do. They always over promise on timelines.

and when he says things like "cybertruck will be able to go across seas". You simply ignore likes like that.

Last edited:
Elon said...

Now that I see how FSD works, I am not buying FSD again, and I will not buy Tesla Self-walking robots!

"Musk has said that in the future robots could be used in homes, making dinners, mowing the lawn and caring for the elderly, and even becoming a “buddy” for humans or a sex partner."

Not that I don't believe the "sex partner" part because sex dolls have been used since the 1930s. They don't need to self-walk to fulfill their duty.

Beijing Olympics already had robot chefs and servers and delivering right to your table so that's not something new (but they look like machines and not like humanoids).

Not that self-walking can't be done because Boston Dynamics has already done it.

However, after buying Tesla self-driving, I am not taking the bait on the Tesla self-walking robot.

The Boston Dynamics dog costs $75K. I can see something that is intended for mass production costing $20K. Doesn't mean it will happen in a few years. More likely years later when utility has increased substantially.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
It will be many years until Robots have the flexibility and dexterity of Humans and can perform like Humans in any task.

Instead of sending humans into the site of Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster to die, robots are sent in instead:

Musk will come up with new ways to monetize the robots. I wouldn't be surprised if the $20k bot had limited features like 20lb lift limit, minimum fingers, no communications, upgrade option for special programming (caregiver lift assistance, repetitive tasks), etc..

Reactions: DanCar