Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: vibration felt when slightly accelerating refresh Mode S Plaid or LR

Are you experiencing this issue with your Plaid or LR refresh?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I'd cancel. The vibration is only one of the many issues I've had with mine. I've had seven service visits to correct issues from delivery. I'm still not done. At least one to two more visits coming up. I'm only 20 minutes away, but it's annoying. I'm done with Tesla after this car.
I concur. Cancel.

Also, I drove on 36.1 and 36.6. NO discernible change to the vibration in my PoS Plaid.

I am, however, throughly enjoying my Rivian R1T. Is it perfect, no. But waaaaaaaay better than my Teslas. Staff, service and communication are in another league compared to Tesla. Yeah, they are just getting started, but I do feel like a valued customer. Tesla, on the other hand, is always giving me the ..|..

I concur. Cancel.

Also, I drove on 36.1 and 36.6. NO discernible change to the vibration in my PoS Plaid.

I am, however, throughly enjoying my Rivian R1T. Is it perfect, no. But waaaaaaaay better than my Teslas. Staff, service and communication are in another league compared to Tesla. Yeah, they are just getting started, but I do feel like a valued customer. Tesla, on the other hand, is always giving me the ..|..
Yup yup.

I’ll be testing 36.6 in the coming days, and also switching (after testing) to the Tesla 19” winter set, so I’ll be able to compare vibration there, too.

I concur. Cancel.

Have you done long road trips in your Rivian? If so have you experienced more frequent lines or other issues 3rd party networks vs Tesla?

I live in the SW USA and the Electrify America network unfortunately still has quite a way to go to catch up to Tesla especially in more remote areas.

my
I’m
Have you done long road trips in your Rivian? If so have you experienced more frequent lines or other issues 3rd party networks vs Tesla?

I live in the SW USA and the Electrify America network unfortunately still has quite a way to go to catch up to Tesla especially in more remote areas.
Two long trips in the Rivian in the past month. First was from Bend, OR to Seattle. One EA Walmart stop while I ate a sub at Subway. Zero issues.

Just returned from a trip to Ocean Shores WA. Again, stopped once at a Walmart in Aberdeen (even though I didn’t need to) and had zero EA charging issues.

On both EA stops, there were no lines and many open stalls. Saw one other Rivian charging.

Reactions: SnowFlyer
my
I’m

Two long trips in the Rivian in the past month. First was from Bend, OR to Seattle. One EA Walmart stop while I ate a sub at Subway. Zero issues.

Just returned from a trip to Ocean Shores WA. Again, stopped once at a Walmart in Aberdeen (even though I didn’t need to) and had zero EA charging issues.

On both EA stops, there were no lines and many open stalls. Saw one other Rivian charging.
my
I’m

Thanks for the report, much appreciated.

I’d pull the trigger today on an R1S if it was available with 400 miles range. I regularly drive via pretty remote areas that are still devoid of fast charging infrastructure. The 400 mile R1T is reportedly coming next year, but I’m reading that due to the R1S‘s 1.5’ shorter wheelbase it doesn’t have room for the larger 400 mile battery pack.

EDIT: I might get an R1S anyway, and deal with the shorter range. That’s a sweet rig!

Thanks for the report, much appreciated.

I’d pull the trigger today on an R1S if it was available with 400 miles range. I regularly drive via pretty remote areas that are still devoid of fast charging infrastructure. The 400 mile R1T is reportedly coming next year, but I’m reading that due to the R1S‘s 1.5’ shorter wheelbase it doesn’t have room for the larger 400 mile battery pack.

EDIT: I might get an R1S anyway, and deal with the shorter range. That’s a sweet rig!
Why not an R1T or slightly used R1S? I purchased my R1T “used” with 238 miles on it. Owner was a 2018 pre order and didn’t pay sales tax, being in OR. I was able to pick it up for less than Rivian’s MSRP today, no wait and no risk of Rivian price increase or profit cheapening efforts while I wait 1.5 years.

He made money, and I saved money. Win-win!

560D078A-CFD7-473D-98DD-6F4A74074E29.jpeg

3D2599DE-54FE-4A64-9952-F0FCC9AE4352.jpeg

C9F61840-3CA5-4AAE-8962-19A67DF9038A.jpeg

E24E1619-276D-409B-86EE-D146E49A3C99.jpeg

F6C2E5B5-AB42-488F-B5B7-B8B037D69F62.jpeg

Last edited:
Why not an R1T or slightly used R1S? I purchased my R1T “used” with 238 miles on it. Owner was a 2018 pre order and didn’t pay sales tax, being in OR. I was able to pick it up for less than Rivian’s MSRP today, no wait and no risk of Rivian price increase or profit cheapening efforts while I wait 1.5 years. He made money, and I saved money. Win-win!

View attachment 871853

View attachment 871854

View attachment 871855

View attachment 871856

View attachment 871857
Edit: Mine has the “Large Pack” which is rated for 314 miles. EPA numbers are understated. I exceed these ranges daily in all weather and driving conditions. And that’s with the 20” AT tires, which are super quiet. I also have the $2000 CF, steel/aluminum reinforced underbody shield.

Edit: Unlike Tesla, which rarely/never achieves rated mileage.

Edit: Mine has the “Large Pack” which is rated for 314 miles. EPA numbers are understated. I exceed these ranges daily in all weather and driving conditions. And that’s with the 20” AT tires, which are super quiet. I also have the $2000 CF, steel/aluminum reinforced underbody shield.

Edit: Unlike Tesla, which rarely/never achieves rated mileage.
Nice looking truck!

I just watched an independent 70 mph highway test of the R1S and he got 286 miles from 100%-0% which is pretty good for a truly off-road capable EV.

I want 6’ of heated space and so I can sleep inside my rig so the 4.5’ bed doesn’t work for me. I road trip, camp, and ski camp and want to sleep in my vehicle in a nice warm cabin which rules out the R1T. Here’s my MS “camper“ at Lake Tahoe in March with a food, bike, skis, cooler, and a bed for one.

Attachments

• 112D3172-F421-4E3B-B13D-128C763719E5.jpeg
    112D3172-F421-4E3B-B13D-128C763719E5.jpeg
    619.8 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: jebinc
Nice looking truck!

I just watched an independent 70 mph highway test of the R1S and he got 286 miles from 100%-0% which is pretty good for a truly off-road capable EV.

I want 6’ of heated space and so I can sleep inside my rig so the 4.5’ bed doesn’t work for me. I road trip, camp, and ski camp and want to sleep in my vehicle in a nice warm cabin which rules out the R1T. Here’s my MS “camper“ at Lake Tahoe in March with a food, bike, skis, cooler, and a bed for one.
My suggestion remains. There are R1S for sale from folks who took delivery of a pre order priced car looking to make a buck. You could probably get it for today’s Rivian price, same as if you’re ordered. Seller still makes a nice chunk of money, but who cares if you paid no more than Rivian would charge you today for a delivery more than a year out?

Reactions: VikH