Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: When will FSD V12 be in wide release?

When will FSD V12 be in wide release?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first thing FSD neuralnet needs to get trained is driving you from your home to the Emergency Room/Hospital with zero interventions. Would be great if there is a mode where you can train your for that drive. Drop you off to the E.D. entrance then go park itself. Make this a reality and lots of old folks will be buying FSD.
The cars will never learn locally, so not possible.

The first thing FSD neuralnet needs to get trained is driving you from your home to the Emergency Room/Hospital with zero interventions. Would be great if there is a mode where you can train your for that drive. Drop you off to the E.D. entrance then go park itself. Make this a reality and lots of old folks will be buying FSD.
I think this will not be recommended by medical professionals. When a person needs emergency care, that person should not drive at all. There are lots of medical and legal issues here.

Now that it's been 24 hours this looks like a much much different rollout than anything else from the past year.

There's still just a single car on Teslascope and none on Teslafi. Typically we see 10-100 at least in the initial customer release at this point, so going a lot slower.

Reactions: DanCar
Now that it's been 24 hours this looks like a much much different rollout than anything else from the past year.

There's still just a single car on Teslascope and none on Teslafi. Typically we see 10-100 at least in the initial customer release at this point, so going a lot slower.
I've seen 4 or 5 getting it in various groups that aren't employees or influencers. It's pretty small.

I'm thinking that this was more of a favor granted by Elon to a few buds than a rollout. Omar even mentioned getting a call from the Autopilot Team before he got the download.

I’d be happy if it dropped me off at my home’s front door then parked itself in our detached garage. And when I want to leave the house, do the reverse including opening the garage, coming to get me, and closing the garage. By the way that was promised over six years ago.

Damn...only 7 out of 19,271 cars are running the same software as me now??? It's been a while since I looked. I'm going for #1!

But "MCU version has no relation to FSD version...MCU HW and APE HW are completely different" Or at least that's what the Stans say.

Also, I thought there were still some late camera upgraders that still haven't received ANY form of FSD-B yet. It happened when Tesla started the FSD software recall thing a year ago. I haven't been on the forums in a while so that could be old infos.

View attachment 992002
View attachment 992001
Some light reading since I've also been stuck on 10.69.3.3 but w/o FSD for almost a year now - How to sue Tesla over historical claims

Reactions: DanCar
Weeks is far safer than months or quarters... you start the bidding at 2 (weeks -- plural) and probably get up to 51 weeks ("hey, I said 'weeks' - what did you think I meant... 2 weeks? seriously??"

At the end of the day, as a career product guy, I really respect Elon's approach. Everyone always wants to know 'when'. Apple takes the approach of saying nothing until it's done..and the majority of time, only releases it when it's awesome. Elon has 70% of the same quality standards (it's fine to put it out the door and the rapidly fix the remaining 30% as fast as you can) but from a marketing perspective, Elon thinks in Elon time. He needs to apply a 100-200% handicap to that to get anywhere close to reality.

My Favorite quote from the earnings call:

Elon Musk -- Chief Executive Officer and Product Architect "It's not -- yeah, yeah. It's, you know -- exactly." I'm going to steal this and use it. Brilliant confusion for the masses. And fully accurate.

Instead of paying $12K and 'hoping', I think the smart money would be to wait for FSD to actually work THEN buy a new Tesla with it.

Reactions: QUBO and DanCar