Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In this Taycan image posted on electrek the range estimate of 286 km at 75% SOC would imply a total range of 380 km at 100% SOC.

If I’m not mistaken this would translate to about 235 miles of range in freedom units. If this is the WLTP estimate that could be something like 210 miles of EPA range.

If this is anywhere in the ballpark of reality I hope for Porsche’s sake that it represents the entry level battery. Launching with 210 miles of EPA range for ninety grand is going to be...an issue. We’ll know in a few weeks.

4D317402-EC19-45D3-83B5-935C860C9D5D.jpeg

Frankly, based on the video and the data I think both A) the driver could probably shave at LEAST another 10 seconds from this time. Based on the THROTTLE BRAKING, RECOUPING. Levels, he could have probably gotten more on the power earlier several times and braked a tad LESS and then gotten on the power earlier. Not sure how many runs he did, but a few more and I think a dime is easy pickens’..

Also, the car seems to have more of an issue than I would have thought between 130-190 kph which it really shouldn’t. There were several flat straights in the early 1/3 of the course where I would have thought getting to 200-220 would have been easy pickens based on torque and distance. And yet, the ramp to 190 seemed hard. So, maybe that is a car configuration issue-maybe there is no track mode, or maybe a battery saving/preserving issue.

regardless, the gauntlet is down. If I could buy one for 90K and get it in 18 months, I would buy one NOW. I’ll have to be satisfied with ride alongs and the 3-4 people within 2 blocks of me that already have their orders in and should be in the first 500.

Hmm....looks like its with pretty good company:
View attachment 446596

What's the Tesla's...pick any model....laptime? I couldn't find it on this list:
Nürburgring Nordschleife lap times - FastestLaps.com
List of Nürburgring Nordschleife lap times - Wikipedia
Small wonder Tesla has only sold about 1/2 million vehicles. And no small wonder Motor Trend picked 2013 Model S as the ultimate car so far for the last ~70 years. And where is a car that can compete against 2013 Model S - not too mention the S100D Ludicrous Raven edition.
We all wait to see just how good the Porsche electrics will be. Porsche is supposed to be the Tesla Model S killer - we shall see what beside race track times they can beat the Model S.

I expect many articles comparing - and we shall see IF either one out sells the other. I look forward to 100,000 Porsche & Tesla per year and perhaps 200,000 if we include Model X and Porsche CUV/SUV. The disruption starts soon.

PS- I always bought the Nordschleife winner when ever I bought a new car. Well, I would have if I ever bought a new car. I promise. o_O

Great result for the Porsche on the 'Ring! I am super-impressed.
Looks like they have stayed true to their promise that it would be a real Porsche.
It doesn't really compete with the Tesla, in my opinion- different demographic. I have a Model S.
If the Porsche had better range, and Supercharger access, I might be tempted, I guess
Still- good times to be a car buyer! (if you have lots of money, that is!)

• Love
Reactions: VQTRVA and Brando
Doesn't the Panamera have much more usable space? The Taycan appears to have a very cramped back seat and is not that big of a car. It also looks like the range is going to be somewhere a little better than 200 miles.

I not sure how many Panamera owners use their cars for road trips. I think that is more of the Cayanne market.

Taycan performance should be much better and at a lower price vs Panamera. Porsche doesn’t sell many Panameras anyways, which is why I think it gets cancelled soon or redesigned as a long range EV