Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Porsche Taycan - Tesla Rival Seen Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While your post was funny, I should clarify. There have been minor improvements in behavior but with the ENORMOUS step back that occurred with the phantom braking, they're only just getting back to where they basically were, at least for my usage.

I have experienced phantom breaking in previous updates. But so far 2019.20.4.3 has been good.

While your post was funny, I should clarify. There have been minor improvements in behavior but with the ENORMOUS step back that occurred with the phantom braking, they're only just getting back to where they basically were, at least for my usage.
Report it. The triggers for it when it happens. (( I've started doing that for post speed limit data errors. )) People are claiming they get actual, human interaction out of this at times so someone is sifting through those voice active "Bug Report"s.

I barely ever had true "phantom braking" although I did regularly see somewhat off/misapplied braking/slowing for cross traffic and other situations. That's done nothing but improve month after month since I've owned the vehicle. It has constantly improved on positioning, and speed, when holding lane in curves/corners. There is the stop light as a warning (which I've only seen triggered once) for completely new feature. And the list goes on.

Last edited:
Report it. The triggers for it when it happens. (( I've started doing that for post speed limit data errors. )) People are claiming they get actual, human interaction out of this at times so someone is sifting through those voice active "Bug Report"s.

I barely ever had true "phantom braking" although I did regularly see somewhat off/misapplied braking/slowing for cross traffic and other situations. That's done nothing but improve month after month since I've owned the vehicle. It has constantly improved on positioning, and speed, when holding lane in curves/corners. There is the stop light as a warning (which I've only seen triggered once) for completely new feature. And the list goes on.

I've been reporting the same incorrect speed data in the same place for 18 months. I do not for one moment believe those voice bug reports are being reviewed/actioned on any significant level.

Reactions: calidreamz808
If

It appears audio books downloaded to your phone would still respond to Siri while in DND while driving. But perhaps Audible works differently.

Play music, podcasts, and audiobooks in your car with iPhone

Yeah, only useful if you buy your audiobooks through apple, alas.

This thread is starting to derail pretty hard but it might actually be worth my while to strip the DRM from the audible books and find a way to load them into iTunes. Still wouldn't solve the other use cases for CarPlay, but at least my most annoying one.

A true Tesla killer would need deep pockets and be a ground up EV only brand to not only clone Tesla's tech, but take it to the next level. Something like Byton? But at the price point... nah. If Toyota came out with a 400km electric Corolla for 20K USD, that'd be a Tesla killer.

No,
It would be a Corolla (ICE) killer, Then a Honda (ICE) killer.....etc.

It's low, plus has to be long to accommodate the battery cells - remember that the rear foot wells occlude some of that space.
porsche-taycan-interior-768x420.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Sean Wagner
Keep in mind Porsche and Audi cars break. Porsche has a reputation for making dependable cars because people fawn over them and they are so expensive. many time garage queens. But I look at the FACTS and have owned many. And all have had expensive failures. Go to Porsche forums like Rennlist and every model has owner polls for failed PDK and manual transmissions, IMS bearings, bore scoring, you name it. I still buy Porsches but I'm not about to give them a pass. And I'd NEVER buy an Audi. Ever.

Hopefully their electric cars will fair better.

I was cross shopping a Macan with a Model 3 (I could have used a hatch and wanted that air suspension), but even on those all the 6 cylinder engines have timing chain cover bolts that snap. It's an engine out repair that costs like $8k dollars if you're out of warranty! I wasn't going to risk it, plus all the other increased costs of ownership. I did love my test drive in the turbo though :p

Then you have the IMS bearing issues that blew up engines for a decade... They have more than their share of major issues.