Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Frunk DIY Installation.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that both in the OP's install and the "Tesla Offer" install video that there is an additional release cord/wire that is intended to live with the existing manual release draw strings.

That's a older video for tesla offers previous system. There is no additional release wire now on the V2 teslaoffer system. Also the opening is nice and big so I don't hit my head on the hood.

That's a older video for tesla offers previous system. There is no additional release wire now on the V2 teslaoffer system. Also the opening is nice and big so I don't hit my head on the hood.
My apologies for the misinformation. Tony is correct. I, too, ordered the Tesla Offer system and hope to install this weekend - no additional release wire!

Reactions: TonyT
mine is coming this weekend. with all this work from home time, this would be good to install.

was there any mention that we should shut down the car while were working on it? This will be my first time to tear down into a Tesla so Im afraid to trip any sensors

Haha! It makes the install a lot less complicated, but I don't know about the safety of it.

If you have WhatsApp you can contact the sales guys at Tesla Offer and they'll usually respond within an hour.
So I did the install of the Tesla Offer product today. Took me about 2 hours.

The emergency release button in the frunk continues to operate as normal.

While it annoys my that the front trunk won't close automatically, I'm not prepared to void a warranty and spend 500 clams to open and close an area I rarely use.

Solution in search of a problem?

Maybe they should market this to Tesla directly.

Its a truly great idea, but warranty voiding is a major concern on my part.

Instead, I just spent the money on a chademo charger, as they are back in stock.

While it annoys my that the front trunk won't close automatically, I'm not prepared to void a warranty and spend 500 clams to open and close an area I rarely use.

Maybe they should market this to Tesla directly.

Its a truly great idea, but warranty voiding is a major concern on my part.

I'm going to Tesla service tomorrow for other reasons. The manager there will look at this device and tell me what it might potentially void as far as warranty.

After looking at the installation, 12 V battery might get voided, as well as front latch mechanism. Nothing else really seems to be violated.

Any other manufacturer would NOT void any part of factory warranty with this install, and I will argue that point and get it in writing if Tesla states the warranty will not be affected.

My vehicle is so low mileage that I was told that I should be careful with the Tesla warranty by the dealership. Only 27K after 2.5+ years.

I hate closing the front trunk because of the risks of denting it, and I will bring that up with Tesla, because their poor design makes me not want to use the front trunk as designed.

Best,

T

• Love
Reactions: DelPhonic1