Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prices Paid, Discounts, Incentives, and Upgrades Offered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this deal a few days ago. They want me to take delivery the 10 but I’ll be out of town till the 17th so it’ll have to wait. They still have cars out there. I was dealing with a guy in Orlando which wasn’t much help for weeks. I sent him a goodbye letter and called down on south Florida where I know they hustle a little more. In about 8 seconds he found me a P3D and a bunch of LR AWD

What were the discounts like on LR AWDs offered?

There were some faint signs of wear but nothing bad. I expected the seats to have more wear. All in all, it showed up in great condition.

How was your white interior on delivery? I’m in the process of picking up a P3D demo with 4K miles and I’m a little nervous about the possibility of having to reject the car if the white is blemished or worn. BTW got the same smoking 10k off deal :)

• Love
Reactions: Bombero1394
I picked up my Red on White P3D+ (4k miles) for 58.5k last week and my white interior was just fine. I haven't had a chance to clean all of it yet (cleaning supplies are coming in the mail), but I did find a stain on the cloth part by the seat belt that came out with a little elbow grease.

Other things I did notice, the front bumper definitely had some paint chips. I had a decent sized scratch on the driver side door. A small scratch on the rear bumper that might buff out. But I bought a P3D+ for a $1000 more than my RWD so I guess I'll have to live with that.

I picked up my Red on White P3D+ (4k miles) for 58.5k last week and my white interior was just fine. I haven't had a chance to clean all of it yet (cleaning supplies are coming in the mail), but I did find a stain on the cloth part by the seat belt that came out with a little elbow grease.

Other things I did notice, the front bumper definitely had some paint chips. I had a decent sized scratch on the driver side door. A small scratch on the rear bumper that might buff out. But I bought a P3D+ for a $1000 more than my RWD so I guess I'll have to live with that.

Nice score!! Red with White interior totally reminds me of the new Roadster. I was looking for a Red or White and couldn't find any..By the way someone posted on the Price Tracker Tool a $49k deal.. insane.

Prices Paid Spreadsheet Tesla Prices Paid (FB Group - Tesla Showroom Deals) (Responses)

I would love to see one of these list for MX and MS. I paid full price for my X and very happy with it. I will never get rid of it because I have every option FSD EAP and free unlimited super chargeing for life...that alone ot worth it. I doubt you will ever see that again.

I would love to see one of these list for MX and MS. I paid full price for my X and very happy with it. I will never get rid of it because I have every option FSD EAP and free unlimited super chargeing for life...that alone ot worth it. I doubt you will ever see that again.

My spreadsheet tracks S and X deals too. Nice score with free supercharging, I really think the Used market AP2 units with supercharging will command a premium.

I bought it new when Tesla was giving it out to the new buyers of Xs and Ss. It can't be transfered. It is locked to the car and 1st owner only. That is why I will never give it up because I know super charging will be at a premium. I know your chart has Xs and Ss on it but could you also post it on the S and X fourms so everyone can see it and do it if they would like.

Reactions: SoCalLawyer
I bought it new when Tesla was giving it out to the new buyers of Xs and Ss. It can't be transfered. It is locked to the car and 1st owner only. That is why I will never give it up because I know super charging will be at a premium. I know your chart has Xs and Ss on it but could you also post it on the S and X fourms so everyone can see it and do it if they would like.

Good recommendation, i've added the thread to both S and X, I really need a way to pull historical data in bulk.

Reactions: Freerster
Dang, that is an awesome deal. You basically got a P Model for the same price I paid on a LR 3 back in 2017.

How did you score that? Did they offer it to you, or did you have to haggle them into it? Trying to think ahead when we are ready to trade the S in (assuming we choose to buy another Tesla at that time).
Tesla trend or Tesla goal ??
continuous improvement
Downward trends on costs are often a result of this pursuit.

Wall St. hates Elon passing on cost reductions vs paying stockholders dividends.
Wall Street mentality wants Increased profits to go to stockholders - not reduced prices for customers.

EXPECT newer Tesla to be better and cheaper year after year after year.
https://www.teslaadviceblog.com/blog/buying-guide-model-s-what-s-changed-between-2012-and-2019
https://www.teslaadviceblog.com/blog/buying-guide-model-s-versions-1-2-3-and-4

Many just don't get it.
WHY would anyone in a capitalistic society want to improve a product IF they didn't need to?
WHY would any company in a capitalist country want to pass along savings vs increasing profits?
WHY do you think some people want to get rid of Elon as CEO? More profits for Wall St./stockholders - seriously? seems so

Improve design on each generation of product?
Wall St.: NO, don't waste money - increase profits.
Elon: Make compelling products and people will buy them. If you can't do that you deserve to go out of business.

Some suggest this is disruptive. You?
Some just call you a fanboy or part of the Tesla Cult (Lutz and Wall St. analyst love those terms)

Last edited:
Tesla trend or Tesla goal ??
continuous improvement
Downward trends on costs are often a result of this pursuit.

Wall St. hates Elon passing on cost reductions vs paying stockholders dividends.
Wall Street mentality wants Increased profits to go to stockholders - not reduced prices for customers.

EXPECT newer Tesla to be better and cheaper year after year after year.
https://www.teslaadviceblog.com/blog/buying-guide-model-s-what-s-changed-between-2012-and-2019
https://www.teslaadviceblog.com/blog/buying-guide-model-s-versions-1-2-3-and-4

Many just don't get it.
WHY would anyone in a capitalistic society want to improve a product IF they didn't need to?
WHY would any company in a capitalist country want to pass along savings vs increasing profits?
WHY do you think some people want to get rid of Elon as CEO? More profits for Wall St./stockholders - seriously? seems so

Improve design on each generation of product?
Wall St.: NO, don't waste money - increase profits.
Elon: Make compelling products and people will buy them. If you can't do that you deserve to go out of business.

Some suggest this is disruptive. You?
Some just call you a fanboy or part of the Tesla Cult (Lutz and Wall St. analyst love those terms)

I dont have any problems with the cars getting cheaper. The more interesting thing going on in this thread is people are paying different % off MSRP for new Teslas. The old "everyone pays MSRP, even Elon's cousin" appears to be gone and you have to make sure to ask about deals if you want the best price. That sounds a lot like buying a car from a traditional dealer.

All I have learned is that I am not paying MSRP for my next Tesla. There are now deals if you know what to ask for.

I dont have any problems with the cars getting cheaper. The more interesting thing going on in this thread is people are paying different % off MSRP for new Teslas. The old "everyone pays MSRP, even Elon's cousin" appears to be gone and you have to make sure to ask about deals if you want the best price. That sounds a lot like buying a car from a traditional dealer.

All I have learned is that I am not paying MSRP for my next Tesla. There are now deals if you know what to ask for.
So far I'm paying MSRP for my RWD LR

Has anyone gotten a substantial discount on a model with all the current features with ~5 miles on the odo after March? I guess I saw some folks got a free exterior color or free 19” wheels if there was a near-match car in inventory.

I feel like virtually all the big deals in April/May have been on 2018 or demo cars... I’m not even clear on the March crush of discounts — were those largely 2018s also?

When I was in line in April I asked around two service centers and was offered three discounted cars, but all with more miles on the odo. One I know was a test drive car, the others I’m not sure but may have been. The discounts were modest. I held out for the HW3 in my desired color scheme.

At the end of last quarter, there seemed to be a reasonable inventory. Currently, it looks as though there is almost zero inventory upon which they can provide discounts (6 model 3’s in the entire USA!).

So what is being delivered right now in the model 3 line ? Seems like only pre-ordered builds. Be interesting to hear the real scoop from a delivery center.

I should be getting my 2019 P3D+ White ext/ Black int, FSD this weekend. List price $67400 and paid $58900 for $8500 discount. Original deal was for 2018 with less than 100 miles but they could not sell me the original car because "some parts were borrowed off it." Was reassigned a 2019 with 900 miles. I was told I would be compensated for the additional miles and delay on delivery but it would not be monetary. Hopefully I will get a HPWC or something worth my troubles. If there was an additional discount on the car, I would have had to redo my entire loan from scratch. Instead my credit union just revised the year model and VIN number. Getting a 2019 with a few more miles for the same discount wasn't too hard to understand. Hopefully the new car will be delivered this weekend from Fremont in acceptable condition. Picking it up from the North Houston service center.

Reactions: byeLT4
Has anyone gotten a substantial discount on a model with all the current features with ~5 miles on the odo after March? I guess I saw some folks got a free exterior color or free 19” wheels if there was a near-match car in inventory.

I feel like virtually all the big deals in April/May have been on 2018 or demo cars... I’m not even clear on the March crush of discounts — were those largely 2018s also?

When I was in line in April I asked around two service centers and was offered three discounted cars, but all with more miles on the odo. One I know was a test drive car, the others I’m not sure but may have been. The discounts were modest. I held out for the HW3 in my desired color scheme.

It doesn’t happen every quarter end, only when Tesla is really trying to make sales targets. Then the inventory cars with 7 miles on them discounted a ton show up. And it probably pays to be flexible. I would totally take a 2018 year if I got upwards of $7k off a car with less than 50 miles that people have reported in the past. That basically covers year one depreciation costs while still getting a new car.