Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production X Configuration Has Begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12,007 invited today at 5:00pm ET.

Most likely will be P, no L, strongly leaning towards Titanium with black leather and figured ash, light headliner, stock wheels. Pretty much everything...still thinking about the upgraded stereo.

2 days left and not even half way through production list. Missed out on the hope?

Wonder why they don't just open it up? Surely the site can handle 30K users.

Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 2.52.53 PM.jpg

2 days left and not even half way through production list. Missed out on the hope?

Wonder why they don't just open it up? Surely the site can handle 30K users.

It has more to do with having enough customer service reps to answer build questions rather than the capability of the website. If everyone was invited at once, there would be a flood of calls and emails, especially with so many specifics that are not known yet. People would get frustrated with the response time, and those who are at the top of the list might not get their questions answered and wouldn't proceed with their order confirmation.

It has more to do with having enough customer service reps to answer build questions rather than the capability of the website. If everyone was invited at once, there would be a flood of calls and emails, especially with so many specifics that are not known yet. People would get frustrated with the response time, and those who are at the top of the list might not get their questions answered and wouldn't proceed with their order confirmation.

i won't call customer service, I promise, will just configure and submit :wink:

Reading this makes me weep.
"especially with so many specifics that are not known, yet"
Am I the only one who finds this just dumbfounding? They don't know the specifics of the car that they make. They can't have the ordering website answer many of the most basic questions. There still is an option (the 72A charger) hidden behind a ridiculous easter egg where you need to type in 'charger' in order to see the option. Tesla has a long way to go.

@dirkhh: Yes the company remains a work in progress. I think no one is credibly disputing that.
I prefer to focus on the incredible strides Tesla has made since launching the S in 2012 (almost to numerous to list, and I know that you know what they are), progress that has been made while struggling against many obstacles, yet at the same time acknowledging that there is definitely room for improvement in many areas.
I find your posts lacking in balance. Many of your criticisms I find reasonable. But your unrelenting focus on the negative undermines your message. I expect you do not see it that way. So be it.

Reading this makes me weep.
"especially with so many specifics that are not known, yet"
Am I the only one who finds this just dumbfounding? They don't know the specifics of the car that they make. They can't have the ordering website answer many of the most basic questions. There still is an option (the 72A charger) hidden behind a ridiculous easter egg where you need to type in 'charger' in order to see the option. Tesla has a long way to go.
I do not understand the cause for weeping nor issue of basic questions unanswered. What questions? Had performance Sig MS delivered over 3 years ago, knew enough specs to go with it and never looked back, now with 37,000 miles it drives better than ever. Configured 90D MX for wife on 30th November, had plenty of info on specs to go with it, included 72 amp charger, not too difficult. MS was by far best car ever owned, expect MX to exceed it. No tears in this household. Cheers.

Thanks to Bonnie for putting up the Model X Wiki... Model X FAQ (wiki)

There are so many individual questions, as one can see in the Wiki posted. Some are "personalized" variations of the answers. The wiki post is a great way of several Signature owners to contribute without being overly burdened. After reading the post by Founders and Signature holders trying (in good faith) to answer all the questions, it seemed the "one-off" inquiries were endless. The wiki is a great means to post and try to answer very specific questions of interest.

Since Bonnie created, suggest that is the best and single place to view the answers. Just trying to keep up is a full-time job. The good news is the Signature owners are seeing things from the Driver's view-point. I would tend to agree, the DS would become buried trying to research the request. Keep in mind they may have not seen a Model X, or have one setting next to them. DS learning curve is no better than ours at this point. Being at the reveal, my Service Center admitted that I knew more about the X then did they.

@dirkhh: Yes the company remains a work in progress. I think no one is credibly disputing that.
I can point you to a number of threads where I'm saying pretty much that and get people rather mad at me :)
I prefer to focus on the incredible strides Tesla has made since launching the S in 2012 (almost to numerous to list, and I know that you know what they are), progress that has been made while struggling against many obstacles, yet at the same time acknowledging that there is definitely room for improvement in many areas.
I find your posts lacking in balance. Many of your criticisms I find reasonable. But your unrelenting focus on the negative undermines your message. I expect you do not see it that way. So be it.
I'm surprised that this is the perception you get. I believe there are many many posts here where I talk about how excited I am about my car (issues not withstanding) and where I try to deliver a fairly balanced view of Tesla.
There is no competition. No one makes a car that comes close. I admire the vision of putting an end to the domination of ICE vehicles. I love love love driving my car.
Given the abundance of exuberant voices here, I guess my contributions where I praise Tesla or the cars are drowned by the choir. And my stubborn insistence on pointing out where I think Tesla falls short is more memorable?
I don't know, I guess I could go back through my last 50 posts and try to chart them to see if they are as balanced as I think I am trying to be.
Make no mistake: I like my car, I like Tesla, I want to click "order" on the Model X (once we've actually driven one) and I'm quite optimistic that if my wife decides to order a Model X we will like the car. I want the company to succeed. Much of my criticism is very much directed at that. Ask any successful entrepreneur. The people they list as "influential in their success" are not the people who say "you are amazing" all the time. It's the people who say "that's great - you need to do this better and pay attention to that over there".

I can point you to a number of threads where I'm saying pretty much that and get people rather mad at me :)

I'm surprised that this is the perception you get. I believe there are many many posts here where I talk about how excited I am about my car (issues not withstanding) and where I try to deliver a fairly balanced view of Tesla.
There is no competition. No one makes a car that comes close. I admire the vision of putting an end to the domination of ICE vehicles. I love love love driving my car.
Given the abundance of exuberant voices here, I guess my contributions where I praise Tesla or the cars are drowned by the choir. And my stubborn insistence on pointing out where I think Tesla falls short is more memorable?
I don't know, I guess I could go back through my last 50 posts and try to chart them to see if they are as balanced as I think I am trying to be.
Make no mistake: I like my car, I like Tesla, I want to click "order" on the Model X (once we've actually driven one) and I'm quite optimistic that if my wife decides to order a Model X we will like the car. I want the company to succeed. Much of my criticism is very much directed at that. Ask any successful entrepreneur. The people they list as "influential in their success" are not the people who say "you are amazing" all the time. It's the people who say "that's great - you need to do this better and pay attention to that over there".

Dirkhh - I know you mean well so you get a pass. However, you can be a bit inflammatory at times, I've had to bite my tongue with you a few times.

Dirkhh - I know you mean well so you get a pass. However, you can be a bit inflammatory at times, I've had to bite my tongue with you a few times.
Thanks. I appreciate your kind words.
I don't want to cause people injuries. If I am too inflammatory, a PM is always welcome. I have edited posts to make them more objective in the past and have no problem when people call me out...

Thanks. I appreciate your kind words.
I don't want to cause people injuries. If I am too inflammatory, a PM is always welcome. I have edited posts to make them more objective in the past and have no problem when people call me out...

no worries - I value a lot of what you say and learn from it so keep on doing what you are doing, as it helps to make all of us more knowledgable

no worries - I value a lot of what you say and learn from it so keep on doing what you are doing, as it helps to make all of us more knowledgable

I started a thread over on the TM forum asking if one could be loyal to TM/mission statement and still offer constructive criticism. I think one can...and Dirk is one of them, IMO.

I'd guess a bunch of people wouldn't call/email. Plus most of the questions are going to be the same so a FAQ solves that problem quickly. Perhaps its for the people who aren't up to speed via TMC etc?