Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production X Configuration Has Begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The tow package could be used for hauling with accessory attachments. Short distances for taking out trash containers, moving sporting equipment or having a small yard trailer for tasks on a larger property might be used more than the U-Haul, boat or travel trailer with a long haul.

I plan to tow a motorboat, but primarily between a lake's boat landing and a garage for off-season storage. Less than 50 miles round trip, no problem for a 70D - but for other reasons I'll get a 90D or P90D.

5 days to go to meet the "all reservation holders will be able to configure before year end". I am expecting this to happen precisely at 12/31/2015 23:59:59
The full quote is: " We hope to invite all current reservation holders to configure their cars before the end of 2015"

image.jpeg

The full quote is: " We hope to invite all current reservation holders to configure their cars before the end of 2015"

And for those new to Tesla, "end of 2015" happens at some point during what most people consider "calendar year 2016", unless delayed in which case it may happen later.

Tesla time is a very flexible concept that appears to use words and numbers that are confusingly similar to "standard dates", but after years of research we have not been able to derive a definitive mapping of one to the other.

The only way for Tesla to meet their end of the year goal is to invite 12,000 reservation holders to configure at the same time. People who placed their reservations in July 2014 would be configuring at the same time as people who reserved in October of this year. That would be pretty unfair. I also can't explain why they would have slowed down to about 500 people configuring per week for the past two weeks if they were about to flood it with the masses.

The only way for Tesla to meet their end of the year goal is to invite 12,000 reservation holders to configure at the same time. People who placed their reservations in July 2014 would be configuring at the same time as people who reserved in October of this year. That would be pretty unfair. I also can't explain why they would have slowed down to about 500 people configuring per week for the past two weeks if they were about to flood it with the masses.

What commitment? I think that (nearly) everyone is forgetting the first two words in the sentence, 'We hope'...

image.jpeg

"Hope" is a goal, as I said.

No it's not. "Hope" is aspirational. A goal is a firm commitment to a deadline.

"I will finish by the end of the week" is not the same as "Hopefully I'll finish by the end of the week."

I'm stuck waiting too, and I'm close enough to the last set of invitations that I'm really hoping I get in tomorrow. So I get the frustration. But this is likely a reason Tesla has been so tight-lipped in its communications. Every time it says something, people will twist the words into something they did not say, then get angry at that thing that Tesla never promised.

That's not to excuse Tesla's terrible customer communications, god knows they've screwed it up! But pretending they said things they never did, and then getting angry about it, doesn't help matters either.