Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production X Configuration Has Begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only real bummer is that we were looking forward to finally having fully ventilated seats in this car, and were very disappointed to find out from Tesla that only the seat bottom is cooled, not the seat back. Yet another complaint to add about this vehicle's controversial seats!

You can have window tint film so seats will not get hot. I have PhotoSync installed on my S, all windows and windshield but not pano. The black leather seat never gets too hot to sit in.

Unless it's snowing outside, I'm hot. The windows make no difference (and front windshield tint is illegal in my state). The cooled front seats in my prior cars (Infiniti M56, FX50) were heavenly. But the Ford Fusion Energi I drive now only has the seat bottom cooled, and it sucks. My 2014 Cadillac ELR didn't have any cooled seats at all, and no amount of regular air conditioning would stop my back from being hot in that car. Was hoping this $130k+ Model X would at least come with the seat back cooled. I've never understood the point of putting in cooled/ventilated seats and then only doing it for the seat bottom. Why would I want my butt and thighs to be 15 degrees colder than my back?! Just dumb. This is on par with not making the second row seats fold, IMHO.

Does anybody else has hard time to get the invitation email? My design studio was unlocked on Monday, but even after two calls to the Model X sales team, I still do not have the email.

I would also appreciate if someone could post the contact email/phone number that is included in the invitation email.

Thanks

Does anybody else has hard time to get the invitation email? My design studio was unlocked on Monday, but even after two calls to the Model X sales team, I still do not have the email.

I would also appreciate if someone could post the contact email/phone number that is included in the invitation email.

Thanks
My Signature invitation email gave 650.681.5100 / [email protected].

1. Do the front seats have seat warmers available only with the cold weather package? I live in LA and don't have any need for that package, but my wife likes to have the warmer for driver's seat so I added the package because it seems like that's the only way to get any seat warmers at all (unlike in our S70D with premium package which has warmers in the front seats)?
T
2. After configuring, the image for my X on the Tesla site and the confirmation email shows a rear spoiler -- is there a fixed spoiler that comes with the 90D? I'd rather not have a spoiler.

Spoke with Tesla sales today who confirmed that front heated seats are indeed standard without the cold weather package, and the spoiler is only on the P90D (so the images for non-P 90D with deployed spoiler are apparently a design studio bug).

Spoke with Tesla sales today who confirmed that front heated seats are indeed standard without the cold weather package, and the spoiler is only on the P90D (so the images for non-P 90D with deployed spoiler are apparently a design studio bug).

You should have asked him where the center high mount light is located if there is no spoiler on non-P models. There are still a lot that is not clear here.

Last edited:
Not that I'm completely surprised, but that contradicts what another ISR said, according to this post:

Is the Model X spoiler fixed or retractable? - Page 3

"Just got off the phone with Tesla. The rear spoiler is fixed in position and not motorized on the 90D and 70D."

Let's play everyone's favorite game: "Dueling Inside Sales Reps!" :) In the Manhattan store this week, the reps knew very little about the X. I let them log into my "MyTesla" page to check out the design studio so I could explain the options to them. :) Considering that there haven't been any 90D models built yet (as far as we know), there's not really any way to physically confirm whether or not there will be a spoiler on the 90D. But also considering anyone who has configured and confirmed their 90D order and has the "spec sheet" PDF with order details in it (with a picture that clearly shows the spoiler), I'd imagine there will be some unhappy campers if they are later told that there is no spoiler on the 90D.

Not that I'm completely surprised, but that contradicts what another ISR said, according to this post:

Is the Model X spoiler fixed or retractable? - Page 3

"Just got off the phone with Tesla. The rear spoiler is fixed in position and not motorized on the 90D and 70D."

Let's play everyone's favorite game: "Dueling Inside Sales Reps!" :) In the Manhattan store this week, the reps knew very little about the X. I let them log into my "MyTesla" page to check out the design studio so I could explain the options to them. :) Considering that there haven't been any 90D models built yet (as far as we know), there's not really any way to physically confirm whether or not there will be a spoiler on the 90D. But also considering anyone who has configured and confirmed their 90D order and has the "spec sheet" PDF with order details in it (with a picture that clearly shows the spoiler), I'd imagine there will be some unhappy campers if they are later told that there is no spoiler on the 90D.

You are right. Everything is speculation at this moment but many people would believe it's true when that's what they hear most the time. This is one thing Tesla should come out to clarify, or at least fix the graphics if inaccurate. On the other side of this is if what P buyers thought is unique to theirs when they pay the $20K extra turns out to be not then there will be even more unhappy people around.

EV and more just shared this blog:

EXCLUSIVE: FACTORY IMAGES AND VIDEOS OF THE MODEL X | EV And More

One of the pics was of the config sheet of an X being assembled. I believe the VIN is at the bottom. I can't quite make it out, but the last two digits appear to be 24. Any sig owners here with a blue X ending in x24?

780a6c93d179ef8e6d2da874ce0bd644.jpg