Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD’s Earliest Adopters Still Waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you need MCU2 upgrade to get into 2021 updates! At least that's what I had to do.
For sure. But "MCU1 will also be compatible with FSD". LOLZ

Edit:
Looks like AP1 cars are getting 2021 firmware. Ouch. Guessing they upgraded to MCU2
Screenshot_20211218-220937.png

Does anyone that had the new cameras installed know if the false alerts and braking for “emergency vehicles” is greatly reduced? I drove for 5 hours yesterday and got about a dozen or more. It was ridiculous. I’m just wondering if my old cameras just can’t provide the right colors? I really couldn’t find a pattern as it just seemed super random as to when it would start slowing down due to a fasle positive.

Does anyone that had the new cameras installed know if the false alerts and braking for “emergency vehicles” is greatly reduced? I drove for 5 hours yesterday and got about a dozen or more. It was ridiculous. I’m just wondering if my old cameras just can’t provide the right colors? I really couldn’t find a pattern as it just seemed super random as to when it would start slowing down due to a fasle positive.
Maybe it is more related to what software version you are running or something other than the cameras. I recently got back from a 4,500 road trip with an older MX (old cameras). I don't recall ever having a single false braking. I am not of the vision only beta with that car.

Last edited:
I've been out of the fray on this one ever since it was announced (but without an actual plan for roll-out) that original AP2.0 cars would get updated cameras.

Other than getting the nicer colorized side views/front view... is there any point? I have 3 weeks off from work coming up, and my service center said odds were good to get the camera upgrade done.

But to date, going back through this thread there's the hang-up with the right software flags being identified to get an FSD Beta push. Am I wasting a day of my time off to get the new cameras now? I've been purposely staying away from this thread since I figured a year from now this would all be OBE. But I'm so tempted since I have so much time off for the holidays.

Would really appreciate hearing any positive news!

I've been out of the fray on this one ever since it was announced (but without an actual plan for roll-out) that original AP2.0 cars would get updated cameras.

Other than getting the nicer colorized side views/front view... is there any point? I have 3 weeks off from work coming up, and my service center said odds were good to get the camera upgrade done.

But to date, going back through this thread there's the hang-up with the right software flags being identified to get an FSD Beta push. Am I wasting a day of my time off to get the new cameras now? I've been purposely staying away from this thread since I figured a year from now this would all be OBE. But I'm so tempted since I have so much time off for the holidays.

Would really appreciate hearing any positive news!

I haven’t even gotten the camera upgrade invite yet. Do it as soon as possible or let them know you’re not interested so someone else can get those parts.

I just need an FSD build that will support not having a cabin camera
There are plenty of pre-2021 Model S/X (without cabin camera) that have been in FSD Beta - some since October 2020, so that's not the limiting factor.

Could you share what part numbers were installed for the camera retrofit? Given the other reports here, it might be useful to check if TeslaCam shows the more colorful front/left/right views.

[update] Went out to my X and went to the software menu screen. It was still set to 'advanced'. It showed the 'Checking for updates...' for 1+ minutes and then started downloading. Coincidence for sure. [/update]

Anyone else pretty behind with the OTA try to schedule it within the app? There is a 'software' option. They pick a mobile visit but I wouldn't think that would be necessary nor a charge for getting the software triggered to download.
Trying to figure out why I haven't gotten one of the more current updates. I used to get them within a week. Virtually stopped after I requested FSD beta. I opted out after finding out I needed camera upgrades (hw2.0 June 2017 X). Please just send (ota) current production firmware.
Attachment with my request.
JKqwmMA.jpg

Last edited: