Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pyro Fuse Fuss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Extended service agreement - basically Tesla’s own warranty they used to sell. I have this and the prior owner bought it. They paid a handsome 5,000 for it if I remember correctly. It’s supposed to offer bumper to bumper coverage with a “small” deductible
That I don't know. However, folks with standard 8 yr HV battery warranty are having to pay for pyro fuse replacement.

Right after my last reply, I was saw that I able to submit the service request. It auto selected Mobile, but with the new process it doesn't allow you to "schedule" it until it is reviewed by the mobile techs. This morning they acknowledged it, and allowed me to select a Mobile appt on 9/6 so we will see. No estimate provided yet though....

• Informative
Reactions: NV Ray
Are you saying Tesla is putting whatever they want into a service request now instead of the actual customer complaints? If this is true they are one step closer to alienating all of their customers
No. It appears the change is that a new service request which defaults to mobile is then vetted first before getting a scheduled time, avoiding those slots being taken by tickets that would require a SC, or that may not require an appointment.

Reactions: Droschke
I got the BMS_u031 error last week and have an appointment with Tesla on Jul 31 to get it fixed. I have a 2016 Model S 90D with a good 70k miles on it, which is both under battery warranty and used car warranty (bought in 2020 from Tesla, 4 year warranty still came with the car at the time). So I don't expect to pay, but can report back under which warranty they fixed it.

The car is not in "limp home mode" like somebody mentioned, it is fully driveable.
I finally got the pyro fuse replaced, after they rescheduled once due to missing parts. As expected, I did not pay for this, it was covered under the 4 year used car warranty (2016 Model S 90D, bought from Tesla in Summer 2020). Here is the interesting part from the invoice:

Screenshot from 2023-08-22 18-45-47.png