Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pyro Fuse Fuss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't say this enough.
if you get the warning, wait!

There was a bug in the fw that was triggering the alert which cleared after 5 or so days.
My car alerted but I knew it didn't have the fuse as I have dropped the pack to replace contactors. The warning cleared.

I wonder how many of these Tesla have replaced without needing to?

• Helpful
Reactions: tesluv108
Just got the repair estimate for the appointment that’s scheduled for 09/21 of $501.60. This includes a $200 diagnostic fee… yet I’m taking it in to them because of the code.. but whatever. Not only that, but Tesla will not honor the 3rd party bumper to bumper warranty I purchased with the car. I love the car, but this has to be the absolute worst service I’ve ever had. And with more people buying Tesla’s from 3rd party dealers, they really should rethink this. Then again, they probably just don’t care.

Attachments

• IMG_0846.png
    IMG_0846.png
    633 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0847.png
    IMG_0847.png
    446.5 KB · Views: 82
Just got the repair estimate for the appointment that’s scheduled for 09/21 of $501.60. This includes a $200 diagnostic fee… yet I’m taking it in to them because of the code.. but whatever. Not only that, but Tesla will not honor the 3rd party bumper to bumper warranty I purchased with the car. I love the car, but this has to be the absolute worst service I’ve ever had. And with more people buying Tesla’s from 3rd party dealers, they really should rethink this. Then again, they probably just don’t care.
They have no way of seeing an aftermarket warranty.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Wait, some are a false alert and will clear after a few days.
While that might be true in some cases, we don't know how many that are false because frankly we don't know the parameters for which the alert is suppose to trigger. Similarly, many pre-refresh Model S owners are also getting THC errors related to no feedback of the radiator shutters. We don't know how many of those are actual issues versus how many are a result of a bad patch in the software update that is looking for a non-existent component (as some have theorized). It would be helpful to owners if Tesla was forthcoming with these issues because it leaves us guessing.

I can't say this enough.
if you get the warning, wait!

There was a bug in the fw that was triggering the alert which cleared after 5 or so days.
My car alerted but I knew it didn't have the fuse as I have dropped the pack to replace contactors. The warning cleared.

I wonder how many of these Tesla have replaced without needing to?
The fact that this warning can disappear after 5 days is reassuring. What year and what car do you have?

While that might be true in some cases, we don't know how many that are false because frankly we don't know the parameters for which the alert is suppose to trigger. Similarly, many pre-refresh Model S owners are also getting THC errors related to no feedback of the radiator shutters. We don't know how many of those are actual issues versus how many are a result of a bad patch in the software update that is looking for a non-existent component (as some have theorized). It would be helpful to owners if Tesla was forthcoming with these issues because it leaves us guessing.
We should know how many are false if people wait.
We know the fuse has no data connectivity to the car and its purely time based (as the warning indicates, 6 months left).
I knew my car didn't have the fuse and sure enough the alert disappeared after 4 days.