Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Racing Brake XT910 vs XT970

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the hard ware that you are using to hold the bottom of the front spoiler?

Maier Racing front splitter is easy to install. You reuse the OEM bolts and the kit comes with double sided tape. You only have to drill holes on the splitter not your bumper, so you can bring it back to stock if you like. It's a very good fit and it's not going to come off.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
Maier Racing front splitter is easy to install. You reuse the OEM bolts and the kit comes with double sided tape. You only have to drill holes on the splitter not your bumper, so you can bring it back to stock if you like. It's a very good fit and it's not going to come off.

I have it installed but without the underside support since oem front aero tray is hold on by some plastic push tabs instead of the bolts that you've shown. That's why I am interested to find out what they are.

Reactions: destructure00
Installed and bedded pads this morning, 8 or so medium brakes from 50-30 then 8 hard brakes from 60-20, then 10 minutes on the highway to cool. Zero noise so far. Will keep an eye on wear.

Interesting that the rear 970s don't come with the adhesive to stick the outer pad to the caliper like the 910s do.

Also, in case anyone is interested, a standard 9v battery has enough juice to retract the parking brake screw.

Installed and bedded pads this morning, 8 or so medium brakes from 50-30 then 8 hard brakes from 60-20, then 10 minutes on the highway to cool. Zero noise so far. Will keep an eye on wear.

Interesting that the rear 970s don't come with the adhesive to stick the outer pad to the caliper like the 910s do.

Also, in case anyone is interested, a standard 9v battery has enough juice to retract the parking brake screw.

From my experience. Both RB XT970 and Porterfield R4 does not squeal when there is a nice layer of pad material on rotor. The squeal happens when the pad material is worn off from the low temp street braking.

As of this morning the rear pads are making a clicking/tapping noise, presumably since there's no adhesive or anything on the outer pad and they are bouncing around back there. Will try to figure something out for that.

I wonder if a high temp (700F) copper gasket maker would work applied to the outer pad backing plate? Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I guess we'll see how this does

IMG_20200119_121451.jpg

Reactions: beastmode13