Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stumbled across this yesterday and it is quite apropos...

Does a Ferrari 360 Attract Women? - YouTube

Doug DeMuro writes for Jalopnik.

That is funny and TRUE. I bought two 360's for my rental fleet - even flashier (convertibles) than what is in that Youtube video. Cheers from the men, "ignore" from the ladies. The women, for whatever reason, always preferred the Lambos - which got lots of female attention and head turns.

Personally I always preferred the Ferraris - the 360 is a sublime pleasure to drive even today, while the Gallardo was like driving a heavy truck slammed two inches off the pavement.

I feel 'cougar' is somewhat demeaning and prefer to refer to them as 'exceptionally experienced ladies'.

It's not a term I use myself, but it popped in my head while I was laughing at Todd's "Vladimir cruisin in a Tesla" mental image.

Some of this stuff just can't ever be made up.

No discrimination against panthers was intended ! :wink:

I know the S & X themselves are fairly impressive on their own and I get more looks from women than men. But how do you get the ladies attention when you want to show off and get that testosterone fix like a gear head?

You can’t rev the engine
You can do a quick loud start with squealing tires

The car is always quiet. A fast launch, from the outside, is not that impressive. And that is if they are even looking. The car is so quiet a quick launch makes no noise.

Do we get out and show the trunks?
Do we try and use summons?

But you can’t really do any of those at a red light or on the road when the gear head in you really want to show off.

Just honk... That should do it.

readImage

• Funny
Reactions: Btr_ftw
Seems as if a bunch of posts that are not at all "Snippy" are being moved to the "Snippiness" thread. What's going on?

T (sorry if you had something relevant that caught in the onslaught, but I just couldn't waste even more time parcing things).

Yay! My first trip to snippyville. Always hoped I could make it one day. Alas, 'twas not for anything actually snippy. I'll strive harder.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Yay! My first trip to snippyville. Always hoped I could make it one day. Alas, 'twas not for anything actually snippy. I'll strive harder.

I'm in the same boat. My one almost snippy post on another thread survives. On this thread I worked hard to restrain my comments. Still I understand the moderator's problem so I don't mind being collateral damage in the name of a good cause.

I'd like to think I was collateral damage... but who knows what people take offense to nowadays...;)

PS--"snippiness" is one of my "watched threads"; so I always get these alerts when anything gets moved to that thread. Have to admit, a silly guilty pleasure...

Reactions: ohmman
There is no reason why anyone needs to own a semi-automatic weapon. The obsession with guns in this country has reached a ridiculous level, not because we love them but because our politicians are completely spineless and neutered in the face of the largest lobbying organization - the NRA. I feel sorry for those who have been duped by the NRA into believing the 2nd Amendment is what they say it is. It is not. The NRA is nothing more than an industry association tasked with increasing gun sales. They represent the manufacturers, not gun owners. I feel sorry for those who support the NRA and gun ownership at all costs, they have been manipulated into believing the unbelievable.

I hope Hillary Clinton wins the White House and I hope she tasks Homeland Security with reducing gun violence and disemboweling the NRA. You see, Orlando and other massacres aren't about terrorism - that is just a red herring. They are about the ease with which anyone in this country can purchase a weapon of mass destruction. The Republicans and the NRA would like you to believe this is a terrorism issue, but it wouldn't be an issue if terrorists could not obtain the weapons that they need to execute their horrific plans.

Another weapon of mass destruction - the automobile - requires training, passing a test, obtaining a license, paying annual registration and carrying insurance. The requirements for gun ownership should be no less because guns can hurt a lot more people, and any law abiding gun owner should have no problems with taking those responsible steps.

What we need in this country is for more people to have these conversations. The 2nd Amendment begins with "A well regulated militia..." Can anyone tell me that they truly feel that gun ownership in this country is "well regulated"? Our founding fathers did not put those words there, in the beginning, so the NRA could ignore them. They exist because they are important, critical, and necessary.

You want a gun? Fine. Get training, pass a test, get a license, pay annual registration and carry insurance. Gun owners say they are responsible, yet they are not willing to support laws that enforce responsibility. Isn't that interesting?

I'm a handgun owner, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.