Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rdio winding up, interesting auraltimes ahead for Tesla

Preferred music streaming service for Tesla

• Spotify

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • Google play music

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Youtube music

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Youtube red

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pandora

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Apple music

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Tidal

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Amazon prime music

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now he's in the running for luddite of the year lol...over his robots of the apocalypse comments. Of course the true luddites are the people at the Washington "think tank" who nominated him. His fears are real & well founded regardless of the quality of "AI" that develops & evolves. Weaponisation kills.

Elon Musk nominated for 'luddite' of the year prize over artificial intelligence fears | Technology | The Guardian

When in fact he is a true Luddite, the Luddites weren't anti technology, they were worried about the social implications of the introduction of new technology

Thank you doctorwho for setting me straight on the historical reference. It's actually quite interesting when you look at the slang definition in urbandictionary.com - A slang term used by puddites to attack and ostracize those who are not afraid to keep things that still work and do not need to be upgraded.

So off-topic - Spotify any minute now :smile:

Spotify is great (though I am yet to receive the update) but I still vote for TIDAL with the forthcoming MQA technology from Meridian Audio for higher than CD audio at reduced bitrates.
An alternative would be for Roon extension to the car which could in theory provide a route for TIDAL as well.

Perhaps in time we can have options which service to choose, though somehow I suspect exclusivity will be part of a Spotify deal.

Elon Musk is of course South African. I am married to a South African, and they have an expression "just now", eg. "I'll do it just now". We would interpret that as immediately, or at the very worst imminently. To them it literally means "at some point in the future". I think therein lies the clue to your question re "today".
I too am an ex South African. Your definition of just now is correct from my perspective. We also had "next weekend". That one means the weekend AFTER the one coming up! This upcoming weekend would be "this weekend."

Elon Musk is of course South African. I am married to a South African, and they have an expression "just now", eg. "I'll do it just now". We would interpret that as immediately, or at the very worst imminently. To them it literally means "at some point in the future". I think therein lies the clue to your question re "today".

This of course can lead to a lot of confusion. Imagine an innocent Aussie in South Africa:

Cop: What were you thinking when you shot that guy?
Aussie: I thought that just now he is about to kill me.
Cop: Well son, under our law, that just ain't good enough.
Aussie: So...when do you think I'll be released?
Cop: Up to the judge son... But I'd say... Just now, Today!
Aussie: Ahh good.