Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

real world all models 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to do the ProDrive high performance driver training and track laps with my Model-S (non-pert, 21") at PIR on Thursday 7/18. I'm planning on having a BLAST! BTW this is a great school for skid car as well as track driving. They do it all, excellent instructors and decent prices. ProDrive Portland high performance driving course

Cool Steve!
A bit pricey... you'll have to let me know what you think. I'd be curious to know what you think of it's everyday driving - real world applications for you and the Model S. Not sure I can move that fast for this week (lots going on), but would be fun to do with you and/or a couple other Model S Owners. Tempting.

Take pics!

IMG_1892.JPG

Luskville speedway. Lots of wheelspin though - pretty bad road surface.

Any predictions... remember the 60 khw real world (only 183 lbs more but 60 hp short which is a 20% increase in hp) came in at 5.1 at a 0-60

the p85 real world came in at 3.9 from 0-60

I guess we will find out from steve and see his video for his s85 0-60 but does anyone want to predict steve's time in a 85kwh 0-60 ????

One thing to keep in mind: the S85 will be slower with 21s than with 19s. I can't get my S85 to spin the tires with TC off on the 19s, so the 21s will only slow him down. (I only tried once, but don't think I got any tire chirp).

Am I reading that reaction time correctly? It took over a second to the hit the go pedal/get the car to roll? Or perhaps that was the wheel spin?

Do like the "WIN <1st>" tag! ;)
What were you up against?

No I wasn't anywhere near that slow. Every ticket I saw, including other cars, had a 1 in front. I think the leading 1 is bogus.

My "WIN" was against a Saleen Mustang.

Used gtac running on my iphone to measure 0-60 in 4.3 seconds on my P85. Tesla says it should be 4.2 so I'm pleased. Pretty sure it used to be much faster on firmware 4.0. I think that's the reason early reports were 3.9. 4.2/3 is extremely fast but noticeably slower than before. Wish I had done a measured run on the earlier firmware.

nah, those iphone measuring devices are not accurate... firmware has not slowed the cars down.....

Used gtac running on my iphone to measure 0-60 in 4.3 seconds on my P85. Tesla says it should be 4.2 so I'm pleased. Pretty sure it used to be much faster on firmware 4.0. I think that's the reason early reports were 3.9. 4.2/3 is extremely fast but noticeably slower than before. Wish I had done a measured run on the earlier firmware.

Why would they slow it down in firmware? Abuse?

very interesting thread. My thoughts also. Why would firmware affect performance?
On the subject of spinning tires, my car was delivered with Michelin 21s and I recently had to replace them, and I did so with Hankooks. It could be my imagination but I seem to have a little bit less traction. My guess is that for the extra $300 difference per tire, you get a little bit stickier tires....

Why would they slow it down in firmware? Abuse?
I don't have the thread handy, but there has been discussion about changes such as ...
Version 4.0 (v1.17.50) said:
Throttle Response
Advancements in powertrain control now provide you an improved throttle response. These improvements simultaneously deliver torque even more rapidly than before while minimizing any harshness to the acceleration of your vehicle. Whether in stop and go traffic or overtaking on the highway, your Model S now has a smoother, crisper pedal feel for an even more enjoyable drive.
... and whether these and "ninja" changes involving features like traction control might have an impact on performance.

Model S software/firmware changelog - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

very interesting thread. My thoughts also. Why would firmware affect performance?
On the subject of spinning tires, my car was delivered with Michelin 21s and I recently had to replace them, and I did so with Hankooks. It could be my imagination but I seem to have a little bit less traction. My guess is that for the extra $300 difference per tire, you get a little bit stickier tires....

Thanks for the insight. I actually expect the Hankooks to be better than the stock Contis, though. So that's a great deal.

I don't have the thread handy, but there has been discussion about changes such as ...

... and whether these and "ninja" changes involving features like traction control might have an impact on performance.

Model S software/firmware changelog - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum

hmm.. having only driven a few miles on 4.5 since the upgrade last night, I'll have to see if this impact on performance is something I can notice.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the insight. I actually expect the Hankooks to be better than the stock Contis, though. So that's a great deal.

yeah. I agree that the Hankooks are still a great deal. You get two for the price of one Michelin, and you still have enough left over for some take out dinner...
besides, last night I got stopped for "exhibition of speed" -- luckily just given a warning.... so there's really no reason for me to be investing in stickier tires...only invites more irresponsible behavior. by the way, I didn't floor it, I was just accelerating briskly after a right turn. the cop said he had trouble keeping up with me and couldn't believe that I had only accelerated up to the speed limit of 55 on that street...which I had because I was already in cruise control by the time he stopped me.