Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

real world all models 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a real world time from tonight for a P85+ with 134 rated miles remaining and Michelin P2's
P85 Plus3_9sec.jpg

Attachments

• P85-Plus3_9sec.jpg
    P85-Plus3_9sec.jpg
    656.4 KB · Views: 787
How come this "yahoo" is only getting a low of 4.6 in these videos? Is the performance plus package actually getting better traction, reducing the time? I was disappointed - haven't tested my P85, but thought it was going to drop the S8's mail off!

Last edited by a moderator:
If he's doing 4.9 on a P85 (+ or not) he's doing something wrong. (Or he's got a car issue.)

In the Audi he uses launch control (left foot on the brake, right foot presses the accelerator pedal, then release the brake),
in the MS he only uses the accelerator pedal. Not a fair comparison.
The MS will accelerate quicker by using the same launch control technique.
It workes fine with my Nissan Leaf and Renault Kangoo Z.E.as well.

In the Audi he uses launch control (left foot on the brake, right foot presses the accelerator pedal, then release the brake),

How so? With Creep OFF, you wouldn't even need to have the brake pedal depressed and can simply "sit" on the accelerator pedal and punch it. If anything, the MS is at an advantage.

Could this guy actually have had Creep ON and was holding with the brakes? Sorry, can't see the video right now so, I may not know what I'm talking about.

How so? With Creep OFF, you wouldn't even need to have the brake pedal depressed and can simply "sit" on the accelerator pedal and punch it. If anything, the MS is at an advantage.

Could this guy actually have had Creep ON and was holding with the brakes? Sorry, can't see the video right now so, I may not know what I'm talking about.

Doesn't matter if you are in creep mode or not.

1. press the brake pedal with your left foot
2. press accelerator with your right foot ( now you have full torque ) Message shows up: both pedals pressed
3. release brake pedal

This video shows you how to do it: Tesla Model S 60 kWH 0-60 MPH Testing - YouTube

Schermafbeelding 2013-08-31 om 8.08.34 PM.png

It workes fine with my Nissan Leaf and Renault Kangoo Z.E.as well.
Even so his numbers are awful. Some have nearly touched 4.9 in a non-Perf 85.

- - - Updated - - -
Partial cross-post of some related data from May. This wasn't a planned "drag" just me mostly flooring it to begin a Lapping session.

0-100 mph chart:
View attachment 22467

0-59 (mostly full throttle):
  • start: 15:03:18.774
  • finish: 15:03:23.274
  • duration: 4.5s

0-61 (mostly full throttle):
  • finish: 15:03:23.524
  • duration: 4.75s

0-99 (not full throttle):
  • finish: 15:03:30.274
  • duration: 11.5s

0-100 (not full throttle):
  • finish: 15:03:30.524
  • duration: 11.75s

Note that the interval between data points is 0.250s in the log, hence the interest in evaluating the data points at-or-after the target speed and the data points immediately preceding.

Also note this is with 147mi. of Rated range.

i wondering if you can rent a vbox or borrow one for a 0-60 in a standard 85... as we still don't have one on a full charge

You might consider buying the much cheaper Vbox Sport, that connects to an iPhone.
VBOX Sport Review - Unboxing and introduction to the new VBOX Sport - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone confirm that the S60 weight is 182 lbs less than the S85 ?
If so I expect that the acceleration times of S60 and S85 are pretty much the same up to 50 mph.

Took my P85+ to the 1/4 mile drag strip.

1st run car #978 12.562 at 109.07mph - traction control on
2nd run car #917E 12.562 at 109.39mph - traction control off
3rd run car #917E 12.615 at 109.68mph - traction control off
4th run car #917E 15.414 at 106.26mph - traction control off, tires spun first 100' or so. I backed off slowly and they wouldn't grab until I hit full regen. Pretty sure the track treatment was completely worn off at this point.

Hopefully the slips are readable.

image.jpg

I just did a 0-60 time in my S85 of 5.0 seconds. Completely non-scientific and spur of the moment: used my cell phone video camera, kids in back, playing their Teen Beach Movie soundtrack (which can upset one's concentration), and hit around a 2% gradient on the run. It's amazing that I could match MotorTrend's time of the S85 without even trying. I do think that you can get at least 4.9 with better conditions and a VBox.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VabxypssQfE

Last edited: