Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X & S Waiting Room - AUSTRALIA (Orders cancelled by Tesla May2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon has also forgotten the promise to look after the early adopters.

Sure has and unfortunately I still have this remind on my desktop. I'd like to move on but the 3/Y just don't cut it and the other EVs just aren't 'there' yet.

Screenshot_111.jpg

The latest FSD version looks promising, video on link below.
Recently took the MY for a test drive and still not sold, especially with the lack of dedicated driver display and the following video really nails home that feeling

There are a number of third party driver displays of varying sizes and styles available. I have come from an S to a MYP, I tried a very minimalist display but have removed it after a month. Am finding that the standard display is quite adequate.

Reactions: Vostok
This new price drop got my right foot into getting this now. If Tesla also drops a special finance, then I'm all in.
I've been holding off for some upgrades since Tesla introduced the matrix headlights.
I figure the front camera, normal horn, better suited tires like the new M3,
Anyone have any inside info on what might come with the 2024 models?

This new price drop got my right foot into getting this now. If Tesla also drops a special finance, then I'm all in.
I've been holding off for some upgrades since Tesla introduced the matrix headlights.
I figure the front camera, normal horn, better suited tires like the new M3,
Anyone have any inside info on what might come with the 2024 models?

Remember to check inventory, these new prices are higher than inventory prices. Not sure how much a front camera is worth in thousands of dollars, my bet is you can get a good go-pro for under a hundred.

2024 models will probably finally get the sunroof with electrical tint. At least all the competition like BMW and VW will have it.

Remember to check inventory, these new prices are higher than inventory prices. Not sure how much a front camera is worth in thousands of dollars, my bet is you can get a good go-pro for under a hundred.

2024 models will probably finally get the sunroof with electrical tint. At least all the competition like BMW and VW will have it.
My current Honda pilot have a 360 View....can't tell you how much me and wife use it. Crazy that this is not something already done for the X.
That is a new tech I've heard for the first time for the X. Now i want to wait a little longer...hehe

Reactions: Tiger
Hey, SpoonMXP, Tiger,
This is a useless whinging thread for Australians who want to spit the dummy over the fact that they can't have the Model S they want.
If you are going to have sensible conversations about a car you can ACTUALLY BUY, then we are just going to feel worse.
Go and enjoy your new cars, we will just sit here and whinge :)
we are also whinging about the X too don’t forget

Time to give this thread a moment on the AED. (and yes, all speculation here)

With the release of the Cybertruk, it's introduced Tesla's drive-by-wire system.

The vehicle is already crash certified in Australia and other RHD countries, and with such a neat simplified package for the steering they would HAVE to be revisiting the RHD Model S/X. (hardware logistics was the reason given). An additional ~20%+ to sales would not go unnoticed. I don't think it'll be in its current form but done with the next mini refresh of it. Another 18-24 months would be a realistic window if this was to happen.

The other reason this would definitely happen is that I recent acquired a Model S, after having to sell my last one due to the covid fiasco ;)

Last edited:
I'd be very surprised if they don't do this, I think it'll be lower on the priority list behind MY refresh, new "Model 2" vehicle, but also noting that they are often working on 2 or 3 major projects at the same time, I wouldn't be surpirsed to see a new S/X with steer by wire within 2-3 years.

It really isn't that big of a deal,. It's just a better way of distributing power. It can easily be stepped down if you want a fast way around it. 48v motors are common.
It's just lining up your ducks at the production level and what level of slimline do you want to take it to vs costing

While it's certainly possible.. note that it's not just a shift to drive by wire.. It also likely needs a shift to 48V (as drive by wire needs that power) which is a much bigger change impacting lots of components.
Yes, but they would have a lot of those components for the Cybertruck and the Gen3 cars.

Tesla has a lot of patents which cover the manufacture of the 48V wiring harness.

They would need to get all of the kinks out and scale production of most components for Cybertruck. That is one reason why it makes sense to do 48V first for Cybertruck before Gen3.

It isn't just Australia, the UK is another big RHD market, and there are many other RHD countries.

It would be great to see Model S/X available again in Australia and the UK.