Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X & S Waiting Room - AUSTRALIA (Orders cancelled by Tesla May2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made myself sad by accidentally going to the US site when checking to see if they M3P is out in Australia yet.
I wish these were our options here.

1704170597934.png

• Love
Reactions: ICUDoc
The model S and X aren't that much of a seller - Looks to be only around 4%:

Tesla Sales for 2023​

ProductionDeliveries
Model 3/Y1,775,1591,739,707
Other Models70,82668,874
Total1,845,9851,808,581

Agree with the comments above though - they need to get the 'Model 2' or whatever it will be called out pretty quick.

The model S and X aren't that much of a seller - Looks to be only around 4%:

Tesla Sales for 2023​

ProductionDeliveries
Model 3/Y1,775,1591,739,707
Other Models70,82668,874
Total1,845,9851,808,581

Agree with the comments above though - they need to get the 'Model 2' or whatever it will be called out pretty quick.
Fairly sure S and X are a lot more profitable per unit compared to 3&Y. It is a bit like the business vs economy seating model used by qantas etc

Reactions: Shock-On-T
Probably to avoid model-specific fud in the (social)media.

That makes no sense. The way to avoid FUD is to be transparent and provide the actual numbers, rather than operating like a secret society and trying to obfuscate everything.

Combining numbers is how you generate FUD, because it opens the door to people speculating and making stuff up that can’t be disproven because there is no official published data to the contrary. It also makes people ask, what is Tesla trying to hide?

If Sandy Munro is to be believed (and he normally is reliable), Tesla plan to start using Optimus robots on the production line this year to reduce costs and employees. If they pull that off it wont seem so silly.

But Cybertruck? I don't see that as a great decision.
Yep, arguments can be made for "M2"/next gen before CT, but in the long run I don't think it's really going to matter and there are quite a number of scenarios where it may make perfect sense which we may realise once the new vehicle is revealed.

Optimus is something that is very likely to have a massie impact, I definitely wouldn't sleep on that.

M2 needs new factories. CT just needed an extension to Texas.

CT is also a new platform that will support a minivan/people mover and possibly a future more classic truck.

And it's a tech test bed for 48V and Powershare.

Plus it's a Halo vehicle that will get Tesla heaps of free marketing and eyeballs.
All very valid points.

There will have been many internal calculations which we won't be privy to, so I won't presume to second guess a company that has proven the so called experts wrong time and time again.