Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X & S Waiting Room - AUSTRALIA (Orders cancelled by Tesla May2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would they remove the ability to order one if they're about to launch though?

Possibly similar to how the online Apple store goes down just before new products are made available for ordering. Take the product down while they update the page with final specs, pricing etc, then republish.

Not saying this is definitely the case here, but it's a possibility. I do think the drive headline is jumping the gun - verging on clickbait. Again.

On the flipside, maybe they truly had an issue with the ADR's and the car is really being withdrawn? If that's the case, existing deposit holders should likely receive an email advising them.

Last edited:
Possibly similar to how the online Apple store goes down just before new products are made available for ordering. Take the product down while they update the page with final specs, pricing etc, then republish.

Not saying this is definitely the case here, but it's a possibility. I do think the drive headline is jumping the gun - verging on clickbait. Again.

On the flipside, maybe they truly had an issue with the ADR's and the car is really being withdrawn? If that's the case, existing deposit holders should likely receive an email advising them.
Yep fair enough. Look, anything's possible at this point :D

• Funny
Reactions: Ottmeister
I am so ready for a new Model S, I test drove a M3P a few weeks ago. It was great, and I'm very tempted to get one, but I have been holding out for a new S for so long I just can't take the plunge.
If we knew exactly how long it would be it would make life a lot easier. If it was 1 year I would keep my current S and wait, but if it's more than that I would get the 3.
I wish Tesla would just give a reasonable timeline for the new S in RHD in Australia.

Surely there has to be some sort of announcement forthcoming about why they have closed the order book here and not in other right hand drive markets. The communication from this company is nothing short of disgraceful. They treat their customers with utter contempt, it does really put you off the car altogether. If the car is now unavailable due to a compliance issue then surely they are required to notify deposit holders and issue refunds in a timely manner.

Surely there has to be some sort of announcement forthcoming about why they have closed the order book here and not in other right hand drive markets. The communication from this company is nothing short of disgraceful. They treat their customers with utter contempt, it does really put you off the car altogether. If the car is now unavailable due to a compliance issue then surely they are required to notify deposit holders and issue refunds in a timely manner.

You can’t pay for this type of advertising ;-)

I agree lack of communication, I think it’s sometimes part of their plan though….

Honestly, I was excited for literally years to eventually get an S (years before the refresh even), but at this point I'd be embarrassed to own one. I know some people enjoy Musk's antics, but he's just such a garbage human being I can't bring myself to give him any of my money. Also, seriously, I wouldn't accept a car made in Fremont. I know it's a bit of a meme now but the QA just seems horrendous. If they were coming from Shanghai, maybe, as they seem a little better (though far from perfect).
I haven't cancelled my order yet but I've got no intention of buying it when the time comes. I'm not sure if it's possible to transfer an order or whatever but if it is, and anyone here wants it, I'm happy to do that.

Honestly, I was excited for literally years to eventually get an S (years before the refresh even), but at this point I'd be embarrassed to own one. I know some people enjoy Musk's antics, but he's just such a garbage human being I can't bring myself to give him any of my money. Also, seriously, I wouldn't accept a car made in Fremont. I know it's a bit of a meme now but the QA just seems horrendous. If they were coming from Shanghai, maybe, as they seem a little better (though far from perfect).
I haven't cancelled my order yet but I've got no intention of buying it when the time comes. I'm not sure if it's possible to transfer an order or whatever but if it is, and anyone here wants it, I'm happy to do that.
I agree and the demand for the S and X in the markets where it’s currently available has completely tanked at the current price level. This offer of 3 years free Suoer Charging has done nothing to lower current inventory levels both in the US and Europe where available stock now numbers in the 1000’s. I think they’ve reached a crisis point with the S and X and another price drop is inevitable one feels. The depreciation that current owners have suffered is horrific. If the car does come to Oz and the price is not well under 200K drive away for an S Plaid I won’t go anywhere near it.

I agree and the demand for the S and X in the markets where it’s currently available has completely tanked at the current price level. This offer of 3 years free Suoer Charging has done nothing to lower current inventory levels both in the US and Europe where available stock now numbers in the 1000’s. I think they’ve reached a crisis point with the S and X and another price drop is inevitable one feels. The depreciation that current owners have suffered is horrific. If the car does come to Oz and the price is not well under 200K drive away for an S Plaid I won’t go anywhere near it.
The issues I see with model S now is an interior modelled on the cheaper 3, and features that other luxury EV’s now offer that model S simply doesn’t. The price either needs to fall substantially or the spec improved substantially.

The issues I see with model S now is an interior modelled on the cheaper 3, and features that other luxury EV’s now offer that model S simply doesn’t. The price either needs to fall substantially or the spec improved substantially.
Also, as ridiculous as it sounds, the removal of the ultrasonic sensors was a big factor for me as well. With all reports of their vision solution absolutely sucking (which they should have had up and running perfectly before even thinking of removing the sensors), I'm really not sure what they're thinking. A certain someone just needs to get the boot and they need someone who isn't an idiot in charge.

Also, as ridiculous as it sounds, the removal of the ultrasonic sensors was a big factor for me as well. With all reports of their vision solution absolutely sucking (which they should have had up and running perfectly before even thinking of removing the sensors), I'm really not sure what they're thinking. A certain someone just needs to get the boot and they need someone who isn't an idiot in charge.
I agree with what your saying; however calling Elon a garbage human is taking it too far and not something I agree with at all…