Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X & S Waiting Room - AUSTRALIA (Orders cancelled by Tesla May2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we're over thinking it, too much emotion involved. It's still an exceptional vehicle however it was the initial 'cash cow' for Elon to get the affordable car up and self sustaining. Now that time has past the pricing has to be brought inline otherwise it will be a dead duck. They managed to drastically cut unit costs since inception but now priced at more than double the 3/Y comparative model and Tesla needs more than just a two car line up.
Wait and see, all speculation at our end.

Reactions: Lets go Plaid
You are, wrong...
Good. I hope I’m not pushing up daisies by the time my car arrives. Gota love the 2nd hand market in the US at the moment, and that was bought before the price cuts.

Attachments

• 9B0F6550-870B-4A36-97A8-3CD815A5871B.jpeg
    9B0F6550-870B-4A36-97A8-3CD815A5871B.jpeg
    361.4 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
Fair enough, we can agree to disagree on that one. Bit harsh perhaps, but the stuff he's been doing and saying lately, I stand by it for now.
I saw his interview with Bill Maher, he seems to be a lot more reasonable in person than his various tweets would suggest.
The other thing to consider is that his type of thinking is more materialist (eg the physics of climate change) than emotional. He is certainly no genius in the emotional sphere, but that doesn't detract from his intentions to accelerate the transition to sustainability.

Someone posted this on the book of faces, I can't vouch for its authenticity but disappointing if true.

Important Changes to Your Model S Order
Dear ,
Due to recent changes to the vehicle program, Model S will not be available in Right Hand Drive. Unfortunately this means your order is unable to be fulfilled and will be cancelled. You will receive a full refund for any payments made. We understand that this may be disappointing news to receive and want to apologise for any inconvenience caused.
In the next 24 hours, you will receive an email containing important details on how to process the refund of any payments you have made towards your order. Once these details have been confirmed, we will be able to process your refund within 14 business days.

Thank you for being a valued member of the Tesla community.
Tesla © 2023 Privacy & Legal

• Informative
Reactions: Sir Surfalot